ThedaCare Reviews | Glassdoor

ThedaCare President and CEO Imran Andrabi
Imran Andrabi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Low raises, always making changes that do not benefit patient care (in 6 reviews)

• 60 people are currently in "career transitions" which means they let you get pulled to the front of the line if you see a job posting they have (in 3 reviews)

"RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Neenah, WI

I have been working at ThedaCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff works hard has a “we are all in this together” attitude within departments.
    Learning center staff was great for units.
    New CEO is reigning in the MDs who were previously beyond reproach. CNAs working units passing NCLEX get jobs on unit along with all the seniority benefits of when they started as CNAs. Hospitalists are very good.

Cons

There is a CYA attitude that permeates the organization. Especially between units, recovery, ER, and OR.
    Incident reports are not to learn from but to instead write up or assign blame to staff. Alaris pumps have warnings for proper equipment that is simply unavailable. Benefits cut and tuition reimbursement was a disappointment and not what was described. Raises 2% annually without regard to performance. Yearly incentive’s are much reduced. Nurse educators are no longer present on unit. Favoritism to manager’s pets. Seniority on unit hard to come by because newer staff quits. Traveler RNs with much needed experience replaced with zero experience RNs. Leads on unit take up to a full patient load. CNAs very busy and are often unable to be delegated to. Communication is poor with current phone system. Employees get automatically charged for breaks unless they opt out.

Advice to Management

ThedaCare is going the right direction with the new CEO. Don’t make promises to employees you can’t keep. HR does not have enough oversight of day to day staff/manager interactions. Charging employees $10+ for a basic cafeteria meal. Reducing benefits and keeping wages unusually low for front line staff while having high paid corporate employees with much better working conditions and pay. Not having a CNO position staffed (over 6 months) after losing L. Reed.

"Underpaid, overworked"

I worked at ThedaCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros... is having a cafeteria on site a pro? Good people to work with all tried really hard. Horrible management never around when needed.

Cons

Mangement needs to step it up. Human rescuers wow where to begin people cannot afford to wait month to start a job! Understaffed creates bad word of mouth...

Advice to Management

Open your eyes. People do not want much but to be appreciated!!! Not that hard to show this.

"Disappointed"

I have been working at ThedaCare full-time

Pros

Caring dedicated staff willing to serve the public

Cons

Inept management that needs to be refreshed for future success in the diverse medical field/patient treatment.

Advice to Management

Bring in new management.

"Float CNA Clinical Resource Team"

Former Employee - CNA
    Former Employee - CNA

I worked at ThedaCare part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being on the clinical resource team (float pool) I really enjoyed going to the different floors and learning something different from each floor. Managers and supervisors for most of those floor were good, very involved and seeing if you needed help throughout the day. A lot of my coworkers were great. Alot of the lead nurses are great as well. A small bonus if you are forced over also shift differentials.

Cons

Hours were not consistent. Management/Supervisor for the clinical resource team had favorites, what one person would be talked to about, the next person wasn’t. Something is always changing, new policy, new procedure; sometimes with very little notice or a vague update. Force overs for CNA’s are very common, even when I had a second job to get to, I would be told they could “get me for patient abandonment if I don’t stay”. Work/life balance is not that good. Overall I don’t recommend.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees as equals.

"Staff RN"

I have been working at ThedaCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Appropriate staffing ratios
    Trauma center
    Tuition assistance

Cons

Staff development is not a focus
    Outdated practice models
    Patient-centered care is not a priority

Advice to Management

Focus on staff development, have unit-based educators, put patients first

"Staff"

I worked at ThedaCare full-time

Pros

Used to be the coworkers and what they did to make the day more productive and enjoyable. The leadership has moved past that with all the Lean philosophy and treating workers and physicians like defects in their processes

Cons

poor leadership follow through. Fear of job retribution if anything negative was brought up. Lots of covering up for poor managers and VP's by HumanResources. No staff development when they are the ones delivering direct care to patients.

Advice to Management

Relook at your employee and manager relationships. I know several people that have left because of a poor leader and no one willing to listen to employees. Very intimidating environment for those who speak up.

7. "CNA"

I have been working at ThedaCare part-time

Pros

They have been willing to work with me through nursing school.

Cons

There is a big disconnect between corporate workers and hospital staff. they seem to be all about the bottom dollar and don't really care about their employees.

Advice to Management

Ask the staff what we would want!

"Housekeeper"

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Appleton, WI

I have been working at ThedaCare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay. Meet new people. Benefits include insurance and 403b. Employment opportunity within company after 1 year. Sometimes rewarded as a team.

Cons

Department is always low on employees. Work load is too much. Management is a mess. Unorganized. Patient standards aren't up to par compared to other hospitals I've worked at. Recognition isn't always given, especially not in front on a group.

"Great Potential"

I have been working at ThedaCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

LEAN experts in healthcare; really good middle leadership; new CEO asking tough questions to bring high performance; really good patient care

Cons

lack of individual leader accountability (changing with new CEO); lost focus on the patient

Advice to Management

do what's right for the patient every time and you'll make the right decisions.

10. "Review"

Current Employee - Manager in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Manager in Neenah, WI

I have been working at ThedaCare (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large, many locations, great coworkers

Cons

Too many priorities, need more focus on what's important.

Advice to Management

It's about the customer