Thematic Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Thematic CEO Alyona Medelyan
Alyona Medelyan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "An amazing company on its way to greatness"

I have been working at Thematic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a innovative company, comprised of incredibly smart yet down-to-earth people (Kiwis, after all) with a technology that is truly disruptive in its space. Every day is an opportunity to work on something directly for a customer, and seeing the work you do utilized to guide decisions of some of the fastest growing and most innovative companies in the world is a great feeling.

Cons

None come to mind. This a fast pace environment of a high-growth, early-stage start-up. Expect to learn and grow.

2. "Dynamic and Growing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thematic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, interesting problems to solve, working with world class experts

Cons

No real cons I can think of

3. "Review of working at Thematic"

I have been working at Thematic full-time

Pros

Fast-paced, startup environment. I loved the opportunity I had here to really have ownership and build something from the ground up, and be a part of a motivated, energetic and very supportive team. Ambitious and growing really fast, no two days are the same.

I love that everyone's ideas are considered and valued, it is not a hierarchy, there are no barriers to getting an initiative off the ground, you just go for it. The culture is very much: experiment, learn, adapt, implement and move on.

Cons

Just the normal "growing pains" of a start-up with high targets, where everyone learns together as we go, if you make mistakes it's a learning experience.

4. "Great product with a smart and experienced team"

I have been working at Thematic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that we solve a tricky problem that lots of businesses have, we're building on top of technology that gives us a fundamental advantage over our competitors, and our product has paying customers. Ultimately, these things make me optimistic about Thematic as a company and about my work.

In terms of our team, people here have many years of previous experience at places including Google and Microsoft. I'm glad we have a lot of experience to bring to bear on the problems we solve here.

I like the work/life balance. I've worked at places where the phrase "work hard/play hard" comes to mind. I'd characterize this company more along the lines of work smart/enjoy life. Is that cheesy? Maybe. Point is, none of us want to create a culture of startup burnout. (Our cofounders have young children; it helps that the emphasis on sane work hours starts at the top).

Aside from the above, there are a lot of great things about working at a small startup that aren't necessarily unique, but I appreciate nonetheless: we all have a lot of autonomy, we're all working towards the same goals, and we all feel the impact of our work very directly.

Cons

We're an early stage startup, so the satisfaction of building a new business comes with risk and uncertainty. There are days where it feels like we're facing impossible challenges, which can be disheartening.