Theorem Clinical Research Reviews in King of Prussia, PA | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Theorem Clinical Research President and CEO John G. Potthoff
John G. Potthoff

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Director in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Account Director in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Theorem Clinical Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment and not a lot of micro-management by upper management. Flexibility to work from home is a great benefit.

Cons

Pending acquisition by Chiltern could change culture of company, but will no more in a few months. Turnover in clinical group is a continued concern.

2. "IT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

It has great co-workers. Company activities throughout the year is good for morale.

Cons

Cannot advance much here or get a promotion unless you work in Clinical Analystics.

Advice to Management

Develop a career development plan for staff and promote when achieve. Benefits could be better

"An Exciting Place to Work"

Current Employee - Intern in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Intern in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

The culture at Theorem is just what you would look for in a company. I’m considered a temp (been around almost six months) and as far as the way people treat me, I feel like I’m full time. There are reasons for this both professional and personal. On a professional standpoint, even as an intern my voice matters. When working on projects with people who have been around for years, I am given opportunities to significantly contribute. I have been given opportunity upon opportunity to be recognized by senior management (which is always cool no matter what level you are). If I am lucky enough to stay with this company, I see my career advancing swiftly (not to mention that the company is also growing swiftly).

On a personal standpoint, the people here make you want to stay. All levels of employees are personal and welcoming (even when the CEO is in town he keeps his office door open). You’re even aloud to dress casual to work! Most importantly people are simply friendly. Just yesterday I spent about an hour after work chatting with a coworker of mine. Although your time out of the office is wanted and certainly needed, you don’t necessarily itch for it all day long. That is a feeling that not a lot of companies can offer.

Cons

To be frank the biggest con about my job is the commute, but that has nothing to do with the actual work. Other than that, the cons of a company usually fall upon specific and individual preferences. For example, if you work at Theorem your job won’t necessarily be structured. The company is fast paced and you’ll probably get a lot of different things thrown your way. I think this makes the job exciting, others may not. Understandably, some people prefer structure.

Advice to Management

I say this not because I see it happening, but because it is simply worth stating. Theorem has a great culture. Management will need to ensure that this culture does not get lost with the rapid growth of the company. Make sure it never gets “too corporate” and keep the friendly/personable mentality!

4. "Positive, Fast Paced, Lots of Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Theorem Clinical Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive atmosphere, devoted employees, innovative senior management team, lots of opportunity for growth in current job and also regional employment options, diverse environment with many skill sets coming together

Cons

Very fast paced--if you are not one who thrives under pressure, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Due to the growth of the company in the past few years, some departments are understaffed and need more resources.

"You must be kidding"

Current Employee - Drug Safety in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Drug Safety in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Theorem Clinical Research (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, thats about it

Cons

Well, five CAPAs in four months, 15 year old data base, no department specific SOPs, no WPDs, no electronic signature policy, VERY VERY VERY spreadsheet driven, no granularity of management (its the CMO, the director, then the teams- no middle management), projects millions of dollars in the hole with years left to go, false promises on bid defenses, broken promises from management regarding raises and promotions, fifty meetings per week (literally), everything stored on the company share drive, folder structures that are literally 15-20 subfolders deep, IT- bunch of idiots, when you leave you dont get PTO cased out, insurance is pitiful, no work life balance (Ive had managers call me at 0630 in the morning telling me to get out of bed and get on my computer), CMO talks to his "underlings" like they are four years old and wwearing a wet diaper, incredibly inept medical monitors, clueless programers, etc etc etc

Advice to Management

Close the doors and start over

6. "Overall Pretty good"

Current Employee - Statistician in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Statistician in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Theorem Clinical Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good working environment, decent benefits. Can take PTO without a problem, don't have to work overtime too much. work with very intelligent people - high hiring standards

Cons

hard to move up and get promoted. I have seen some favoritism.

"Do Not Ever Apply to This Company"

Current Employee - Senior CRA in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior CRA in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Theorem Clinical Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none, you will never see any of them.

Cons

They will offer you a position and never commit. Do not quit your job for this company you will never start. If you do leave your job you will be sitting there with no job and no pay. Do not apply here!!

Advice to Management

Please watch your Sr. Management and Directors they are very unprofessional do not keep their word or offer letter. Someone does not start over seeing the different departments there will many lawsuits and investigations on how they conduct business.

"New management does not care about employees"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

Good way to get your foot in the door of the industry. If you have a good manager, it is not so bad. Most are very liberal regarding time off, or if you need to come in late/leave early.

Cons

Every since new management took over, things have gone downhill. All the competent people have left or have been fired/laid of; upper management is now a big clique of people who used to work together. Nothing is communicated down to the rank and file employees Raises and promotions are almost non-existant. You can't get ahead if you are not willing to kiss ass with the right people.

Advice to Management

Follow through on some of the promises you make. Don't say you will communicate more and then don't. Spread the wealth a little and give something back to the employees in a meaningful way.

"Varied"

Current Employee - Lead Programmer in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Lead Programmer in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

Very careful, competent staff devoted to quality research

Cons

Difficulty forecasting necessary level of effort required for projects, leading to frequent evening and weekend work.

Advice to Management

Carry on- sales efforts much appreciated