Therapists Unlimited Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Saville

1. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Therapists Unlimited part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- They work well with your personal schedule
    - As member of the military, they do anything to accommodate your duties with your service
    - The pay is good and competitive
    - There is always good job opportunities, Therapists unlimited do well in finding you a facility that needs help
    - their staff is very involved and caring with their therapists. It's nice to have my recruiter visit me from time to time
    -Being registry, I am able to make my own schedule and work as many hours as I want each week
    - They always make prompt communication with you
    - As registry, you get paid weekly

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Maybe have some kind of way of logging our work hours online. Sometimes doing it on paper can be a hassle because I've been to facilities that don't have working fax machines, or the fax just doesn't go through. Sometimes the supervisor is not available to sign your timesheet, etc. etc.

2. "School therapist"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Therapists Unlimited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Therapists Unlimited have been very helpful and negotiated with the school district for my employment. They have always been friendly and very positive. The staff has gone out of their way to check in with me to make sure I am happy with the setting where I work and to offer additional opportunities over the summer without pressuring me to take them.

Cons

PTO is minimal. This isn't a problem for my work situation since I have built-in days off with the school calendar, allbeit unpaid, but the accrual rate is poor.

Advice to Management

Improve the PTO benefit to attract candidates for employment.

3. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Olympia, WA

I have been working at Therapists Unlimited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay! Always have full time or part time work opportunities thru various settings. I enjoy working in the schools system and this company gives me that flexibility.

Cons

It's a little scary going from contract to contract but I haven't had any issues and always found full time employment for most of the year.

5. "Great people and flexibility"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Therapists Unlimited full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The scheduling team is great and very willing to work with me on location and type of settings.

Cons

Sometimes they have limited offerings for assignments in Northern LA area.

Advice to Management

Please address limited offerings for assignments in Northern LA area.

"Run, Run, Run! As fast as you can!"

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Therapists Unlimited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't work here anymore...that's the BEST part.

I do love these ghost-posts where people are giving this company 5 stars, don't believe everything you read on the internet people. You want real answers? Ask someone that got out while the getting was good. I happily put my 2 weeks in and found myself a company that praises, rewards, considers you as a person, and loves you for the individual that you are.

I have yet to feel unappreciated, overworked and underpaid at my current job. Therapists Unlimited, not so much.

Cons

This place is rotten to the core, starting with the highest of upper management. The hours and expectations "off the clock" are unreal. This place needs to get with the times and have electronic timesheets and payment system. Expecting your staff to hunt down 'their employees' for them to turn in their hours is ridiculous. These are grown human beings who can't turn in their hours each week...I suppose you get what you hire. And this place will hire ANYONE who has their therapy degree. Anyone who wants a job as a therapist who can't get one elsewhere, come on down! You have a front seat!

Also, harassment is a big thing with this company they MAKE everyone bend to what they expect and give little in return. That goes for staff and therapists. They will make people feel bad for just about anything - for example, if you won't drive the 2.5 hour drive to a facility, they will pass you up for other opportunities - like black mail.

Wish the PTSD of working at Therapists Unlimited would go away, but it does make one appreciate the 'finer' things in life - like having work/life balance, realistic expectations and goals, and a boss that talks to you instead of talks behind your back to the other employees. THAT is really not professional or mature, but they love to operate like that at TU.

TU is a big company and has some shining stars, too bad they get snuffed out by the big bad wolves that run this hole.

Advice to Management

Work on your management!! This place needs values, realistic goals, and people who aren't acting like bougie brats with power trips. Your investors must be so proud to give their money to such dogs.

"Offers everything"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Bremerton, WA
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Bremerton, WA

Pros

Competitive Pay
    Availability for assistance on demand
    Works for their employees

Cons

Contract company so not the same perks as some salaried positions

Advice to Management

None

"Occupational Therapist"

Former Contractor - Occupational Therapist in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Contractor - Occupational Therapist in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Therapists Unlimited as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for! I've worked for contract companies that pay a little more or might be a wee bit more responsive, but have had overall great experiences with the Oak Brook office.

Cons

Online employee tools can be hard to navigate. At times, work options are limited.

"Physical Therapist"

Current Contractor - Physical Therapist in Orange, CA
    Current Contractor - Physical Therapist in Orange, CA

I have been working at Therapists Unlimited as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

good experience working in multiple settings,
    no minimum hours/days needed, work as much or as little as you would like.

Cons

Some contracts require a drive,
    no benefits for part-time

"Success story"

Current Contractor - School Psychologist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Contractor - School Psychologist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Therapists Unlimited as a contractor

Pros

I appreciate the supportive value system of this company. My experience is one of support and consistency. My ease with having the work/life balance discussion with my Manager/Recruiter left me feeling totally empowered--having and advocate for work situations has been great. I have worked with Therapists Unlimited for nine months and hope to continue this mutually progressive partnership.

Cons

I have no cons to discuss at this time. Nothing but good things to say.

Advice to Management

Continued Education Units -- trainings are necessary for maintaining credentials and certifications; please integrate some conferences and awareness of seminars for staff to share with employees or contractors.

"PT"

Pros

Many options for job opportunities for PRN
    No stress scheduling

Cons

None as I am a PRN therapist and haven't had any problems with anything