Thermo Fisher Scientific Reviews | Glassdoor

Thermo Fisher Scientific President, CEO, and Director Marc N. Casper
Marc N. Casper

1,484 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • IT staff level has never been adequate so work life balance is skewed (in 93 reviews)

• Upper management seems to make decisions that are cost saving initiatives, but they don't seem to take into account the impact on the customer (in 56 reviews)

"Collections Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, medical, 401k. Excellent pay. The products which Thermo Fisher manufactures is truly remarkable in helping science and assist with making the world healthier, cleaner and safer.

Cons

Expect a lot of overtime. Company has been consolidating functions to Costa Rica over the past year. Would assume more jobs will be transitioned out of the US.

Advice to Management

Need to address leadership issues within Finance organization. Some great leaders and some that need to be exited out. Standards in dealing with performance issues within Divisions and Corporate are not consistent. Management should rethink about moving jobs out side of the US. Leadership is not telling the truth to upper management of the issues within Costa Rica. It is a disaster.

2. "Technician"

Current Employee - Beam Technician in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Beam Technician in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and flexible work schedule

Cons

I was formerly with FEI who was taken over by Thermo Fisher. Unsure of our future in 2018 when Thermo implements their bigger organizational changes.

3. "Opportunities in diverse science company"

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Thermo Fisher Scientific has as solid growth strategy with lots of diverse functional and market based areas. Lots of opportunities if you are self driven and enjoy variety and dynamic environment

Cons

Company re-organizes and readjusts often. Must be able to handle change. With the size of the company on-boarding and mentorship can be very self driven. Make sure you don't get lost in the matrix.

Advice to Management

I think the current direction is solid with more strategic integration of systems and renewed focus on softer elements of employee management and retention. Continue to do what you can to connect the disparate sections of the company that need to be aligned.

5. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities for promotion within the company, always looking for creative ways to improve products and services

Cons

Large corporate structure can be frustrating to navigate; salaries and commission plans are competitive, but raises are few and far between, even for over-achievers.

Advice to Management

Increase salaries and commission plans- don't give anyone a reason to leave! Sales reps who exceed plan year over year should automatically be rewarded with increase in base salary, even if only 2-3%

6. "Solid foundation."

Current Employee - Motion Graphics Artist in Tewksbury, MA
    Current Employee - Motion Graphics Artist in Tewksbury, MA

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers and collaborators on projects. Managers treat me as a person and not a number.

Cons

No room for growth with the internal marketing team. Limited personnel. Few opportunities for career growth/learning if pursuing a career in audio/video.

7. "Unity Labs on site services"

Former Employee - Senior Site Specialist in Stanford, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Site Specialist in Stanford, CA

I worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and fair pay. Solid worldwide company that is very stable. If you have a good site to work at then job security should not be an issue.

Cons

On site services is dependent on contracts with customers. If contract is not renewed or lost, you loose your job. Management will tend to ignore or not respond to your questions when you are on a site working alone.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with new hires that onsite services is based on a contract and you may loose your job if contract is lost for any reason.

8. "Strong Company"

I worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time

Pros

Great employer to work for.

Cons

HR department can be slow to react.

9. "Buye/Planner"

Pros

Great work life balance, generous benefits and opportunity for advancement.

Cons

No negative comments to share.

10. "Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TFS is full of passionate, smart, dedicated people that truly want to move science forward. They care about employee development and have amazing procedures in place to keep us engaged and always learning. The product portfolio is second to none. It has been my favorite place to work of my 25 years and I hope to retire here.

Cons

I have no cons to share.

11. "Growing Together"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great cross-functional teams with which to work. Good strategic vision and plans that were well communicated and driven.

Cons

None. I enjoyed working there the entire time I was employed.

Showing 1,484 of 1,610 reviews