ThingWorx Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

4.2

"Pretty Great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at ThingWorx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work the hours you need to get the job done. Train yourself in everything you possibly can in your spare time. Lots of on the job training to ensure you are up to speed with what is going on.

Cons

Lots of Emails from PTC that are completely irrelevant to you or your job.

2. "ThingWorx was a pretty great job overall"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I worked at ThingWorx full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

You are treated like an adult here and this was a very exciting company to work for because of the cutting edge technology. Big Pros: not being micromanaged, great base salary, excellent benefits and PTO. The fully stocked kitchen, flexible schedule and casual attire helped make this a dream job...almost. Employees are treated very well by corporate and given many opportunities and perks.

Cons

Continuous changes in the comp program limited earning potential. When hired commissions were uncapped and eventually became capped. The job I was hired for completely changed on almost a quarterly basis and training did not enable the team to succeed. Mandatory meetings were excessive and rarely relevant. Territories, roles and lead distribution constantly changed.

Advice to Management

Have more efficient and meaningful communication with your employees. Please value your employees time as much as you value you owns in order for us to succeed, not only for ourselves and the company.

3. "Sales"

Former Employee - Vice President in Cochranville, PA

I worked at ThingWorx for more than 2 years

Pros

Great startup environment and team atmosphere

Cons

Since acquisition, big company politics have limited the ability to move as quickly as you need to keep up with the pace of the market need.

Advice to Management

Don't just think like a start up - act like one too

"Software Developer"

• Overall

I have been working at ThingWorx

Pros

Interesting work, helpful people and excellent on the job training. The development teams are highly organized and efficient that are dedicated to making an impact in a relatively new domain.

Cons

None that I can tell at the moment.

"Good not great"

Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at ThingWorx full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's really on the forefront of IoT, the next disruptive technology and it pays pretty well. Base for outside sales reps started at 80,000 with at plan commission of another 80k, total of 160,000.

Cons

Not a great culture, environment, etc. The company was purchased by PTC, which is a large company with several software lines, and they claimed that they wanted to keep the grassroots start-up feel, but that was not the case. Everything felt like an uphill battle getting things done. Just really did not enjoy working there

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to have a more open feel. Everything felt so siloed, and while I understand that is part of the territory with a work from home position, somethings could definitely be done to address it.

Found 5 reviews