Think Finance Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Think Finance CEO Martin Wong
Martin Wong

Pros
  • I was surrounded by brilliant minds and was forced to challenge myself with cutting edge technologies (in 5 reviews)

• Company values the family, work life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It is VERY fast paced and they set unrealistic roadmaps for project completions that cannot be met time after time (in 5 reviews)

• Lack of direction from leadership (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A land of opportunity"

Former Employee - IT Director in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - IT Director in Addison, TX

I worked at Think Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are a self-motivated achiever and are able to navigate a fast-paced environment then you will thrive here. I am grateful for the technology and business exposure that catapulted my career.

Think is a flexible company with great benefits and values its employees. It has a proven track record in the industry and has a successful platform that has yet to see its full potential.

There is a lot of talent and smart 'Thinkers' in the company, which is important when they live in an industry that evolves every day.

Cons

Keeping up on corporate direction and initiatives can be a challenge. They are aware and are currently taking actions to resolve it.

There are times when additional effort is necessary, causing the need to put in extra hours. It certainly wasn't for extended periods of time although it isn't for everybody. Note that Think's leadership always worked hard to re-introduce balance and recognize the additional effort. There was balance.

There are some areas of the company that are too flat, giving the impression that there's no where to move/ advance.

Advice to Management

They may have to consider making some staffing adjustments to continue moving at the pace of the industry.

Think has achieved a lot and more success is right around the corner. Continue to promote this message! More regularly providing context behind initiatives may help with employee engagement.

Final note: Thank you!

2. "Think Finance was GREAT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I worked at Think Finance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work-life balance is great and flexible schedules in certain departments

Cons

No Cons to comment about

3. "Think - Cortex and the reorg"

Former Employee - Developer in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Developer in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Think Finance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I think the Sales and Marketing team have the right idea with the Cortex branding initiative. Met some really nice people while working there at Think.

Cons

The IT Dev management does not have the necessary ability when it comes to managing project timelines and delivering quality. The recent layoffs are an indication of poor decisions (both on business coordination and product delivery), coupled with a lack of effective communication to clients and to the IT staff.

Oh, and the nice people that I met are dwindling rapidly. Good luck to those who are still there.

Advice to Management

The Board needs to get some fresh faces for their IT management, since the current ones are not effective - they are just simply biding their time waiting for their next opportunity. Stop putting up with the "CYA" types and get some people in there that can take ownership and support the idea of quality deliverables.

Or just wait until Elevate gets enough money to bail them out and reunite the groups.

4. "Career-Maker"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX

I worked at Think Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This place is full of great, hard-working people who do the right thing, accomplish a lot, and share knowledge freely. Fantastic teamwork is on display from several teams at all times. Fun place to learn and grow your career.

Cons

The pace is fast and can be an issue for those who aren't used to it. The plus-side of the fast pace is that the experience comes quickly and opportunities are always available for those ambitious enough to reach out and grab them. The support is there and everyone works together to get through tough times.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people! I've never worked with so many good/smart people and I doubt I will again.

5. "Not a gpod place for growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at Think Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not really much to look at positive side left in this company

Cons

Do not care about employees and their career

6. "Definitely a learning experience"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Addison, TX

Pros

You get to learn a lot everyday.

Cons

Fast paced. Lots of contractors who will be tough to handle

7. "Startup-minded, very employee-focused"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Think Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Think appears to genuinely care about its employees, benefits-wise and development-wise.

Cons

Leadership likes to go "fast for fast's sake".

8. "Employer of choice!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at Think Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company lives its values. Fast-paced, cutting edge, ethical and team-focused. Great compensation package, perks and benefits for employees. If you're looking for a place to grow, learn, contribute, have fun and work hard, you will be right at home here!

Cons

Being a successful Thinker requires commitment, hard work, and adaptability which isn't for everyone but I consider this a big pro for those who are looking to further their career with like-minded people.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. Continue to value your employees and invest in their overall well being, which you already do well. Keep up the good work!

9. "Challenge with Style"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Think Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic environment with a lot of change. There are always projects and new systems being undertaken. This is a very fast moving firm, but they make you feel welcome and a part of something good.

Cons

The amount of change is not for everyone, but dynamic people can shine here.

"would not recomend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Think Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While I was at Think Finance, the company routinely would hand out Visa gift cards for all sorts of rewards including at the end of large projects. The technology was always cutting edge and sometimes no price was too high for software tools and training opportunities.

Cons

The company had no work life balance. In project planning meetings, it was clear that if you were not able to finish the work on unreasonable timelines, they would replace you with someone who could.