ThinkHR Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ThinkHR Founder and CEO Peter Yozzo
Peter Yozzo

1. "Wondeful Company who Invests in their Employees"

I have been working at ThinkHR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ThinkHR is a growing company with a lot of potential. The company has a fun and energetic environment that focuses on appreciating their employees and encouraging them to do their best. The higher management is very transparent and will make sure their employees are always in the loop on what's going on in the company.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up :) !

Feb 24, 2017 – People Operations

Thank you for your feedback. Happy to hear such positive things!

2. "Great Company on the Move"

I worked at ThinkHR full-time

Pros

Collaborative environment
    Managers empower employees
    Work hard but fun environment
    Great product and high customer satisfaction rate

Cons

Not in the heart of Silicon Valley so commute can be longer for some people

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with your vision

Mar 27, 2017 – People Operations

Thank you for your feedback! We love that former employees have positive things to say about ThinkHR!

3. "Marketing"

I have been working at ThinkHR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Visionary, hard working and growth oriented.

Cons

Lack of focused action and inability to quickly grow

Jan 23, 2017 – People Operations

Thank you for your feedback. As mentioned in our company meeting this past Friday, we are heading into 2017 with clearer focus on where we are going as a company.

5. "Wonderful all around"

I have been working at ThinkHR full-time

Pros

Wonderful team full of talented and hard-working people. Great culture, wonderful benefits & work-life-balance.

Cons

Difficult to come up with any. Everyone works hard as is common w/ most start-ups, but the work is recognized and appreciated

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

Aug 10, 2016 – People Operations

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to recognize the hard work of all individuals. If you have any suggestions on how we can enhance this recognition process, please let us know.

6. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Vice President Product Development in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President Product Development in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

ThinkHR has a very compelling culture. People work hard, trust each other, and reflect " Love and Innovation." In addition to t he culture, the company is a fast growth company with a strong story. People there are encouraged to "own" their work, making for both a fun and challenging place to work. The ability to learn while at ThiinkHR is not a stated culture, but is still a strong part of the overall culture. I learned a great deal from Pete and Dan... And also from Laura, Mark and Patrick. There are a great set of employees at ThinkHR as well, which greatly adds to the work environment.

Cons

There are not a lot of cons. ThinkHR is a private company, which does bring its own set of challenges to an employee when it comes to stock. But, all startups face the same problem, and with ThinkHR's execution, the future there is bright.

Advice to Management

Keep being accessible to the employees. Pete, Dan and Laura have set the leadership culture in place and the newer C-level leaders bring their own set of strengths. Mark is quite disciplined and Patrick is really creative. Each should be able to add that character to the overall company culture.

Oct 10, 2016 – People Operations

Thank you for your feedback. Feedback like yours, from past employees, speaks volumes to the type of culture and environment we are building here at ThinkHR. While we don't like to see talented ... More

"Sales & Marketing Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at ThinkHR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful company culture! Fast paced environment that provides the possibility of a lot of interdepartmental interaction.

Cons

Not a real con. But you must be able to handle rapid expansion, multitasking, and shifts focus and strategy.

Aug 5, 2016 – People Operations

Thank you for your feedback and helping highlight some of the culture at ThinkHR. We understand for us to be successful as a company the cross-functional interaction is very important. It's very rare ... More

8. "Amazing People, Innovative, Fun Environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at ThinkHR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has done a fantastic job of hiring smart, competent, collaborative people who really care about the work and each other. Everyone seems to be naturally curious and challenging the status quo is encouraged. The leadership team practices what they preach and is transparent about what is happening and where the company is going. They don't take themselves too seriously and are very approachable. Employees genuinely care about customers and the quality of the products the company produces. Love is one of the company values and you absolutely feel it. People act with a high degree of integrity. It's not about getting things done or making goals at any cost. It's about getting things done in the right way. Also, the company is full of fun people with a really great sense of humor!

Cons

I have to go home at night. Seriously though, I don't have anything really negative to say. While there may be cons, I haven't personally seen them yet. Like any growing company, resource allocation doesn't always happen right where you want it, when you want it, but the resource decision making process is transparent and logical.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the culture and hiring smart, creative people.

Aug 5, 2016 – People Operations

Thank you for your response. We try to distribute resources in a fair and equitable way, which is not always easy in a growing company. But we are glad that the process is transparent and logical ... More

"Found my people!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

When you walk in the office, you can feel the good vibe immediately. Warm, goofy, energetic. Best interview experience ever. Post interview received lots of touch point emails and a wonderful hand written note signed by all the interviewers.

My first day on the job everything was ready to go, so I could be effective immediately (laptop, access, etc) and a welcome gift bag was on my desk.

Just finished my first week and it's been such a positive experience. Highly recommend working here!

Cons

Your diet will power will be tested. There's a treat cart that comes by everyone's desk st 3:30 with ice cream bars, chips...

Oct 10, 2016 – People Operations

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you found your people! We strive to make everyone feel welcome not just during the interview process but also on the first day and throughout the time you're ... More

"Fantastic Environment to Learn"

I have been working at ThinkHR part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been an intern for ThinkHR for over a year now, and I have loved it! I have had the opportunity to have my hand in multiple different sides of content management, and my managers have helped me learn so much.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons! I work from home, so that affects how I am able to work with my managers, but they are always available and make time to help me with any questions.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Mar 16, 2016 – People Operations

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the company while finishing up your schooling. We hope you can continue working with us in the coming years.

"Professionsl, Friendly and Helpfully growing company"

Current Employee - Director of Business Development and SMB in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development and SMB in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at ThinkHR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What a wonderfully put together team of professionals, unlimited growth potential, advancement opportunities and an unmatched environment with daily lunch brought to you by the company and more.

Cons

I haven't came across one.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Thanks for teaching me what you know.

Mar 16, 2016 – People Operations

Thank you for the feedback. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to aid in your development, personally and professionally.