KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Thinx CEO Maria Molland Selby
Maria Molland Selby
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Place I've Ever Worked!

May 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

From the moment I accepted the offer at Thinx, it's been nothing but an amazing experience! The team made me feel so welcome and continue to do so on a daily basis. This is one of the first places I've ever worked where my voice is actually heard and my impact is clear. The people who work here are truly supportive and there is a sense of community that welcomes authenticity, support, innovation, collaboration and curiosity. Thinx truly lives its values - especially being human. People are viewed as humans first which is priceless. From my onboarding to immersing into the day to day, it's been great! Lots of support and encouragement everywhere and at all levels.

Cons

No real cons, but there's always opportunity at every company. At Thinx, much of the opportunities are already in process of being worked on which is great.

2. 4.0

Leading with our values

Feb 9, 2021 - Associate Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee perks; engagement; cross-functional team collaboration; transparency into business objectives; new values

Cons

not a con - continue to provide resources on mental wellness for all employee - great job done so far!

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Best place I've worked!

Jan 19, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've never enjoyed working as much as I do at Thinx and have really flourished in my position at Thinx. I feel heard and respected by my co-workers and my manager. I feel comfortable going to my manager about any issues as well as discussing my growth at the company. The culture is a lot of fun and I have experienced great work life balance. I've had some career highs already working here. I really trust that the exec team is making the right choices and involving the appropriate people. It's been really exciting watching the business grow!

Cons

Some perks got cut during COVID, but I'd rather that than laying off people and those perks should be coming back.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

A great company

Jan 6, 2021 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thinx fosters a culture of learning and growth, as an employee you benefit greatly from being surrounded by such intelligent people. Also, good benefits and salary.

Cons

There can be too many meetings which makes productivity a bit difficult at times.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

We’re so happy you feel empowered to continue to learn and grow at Thinx, and that you are encouraged by our extensive benefits! Most people would agree the meeting schedule can be a bit strenuous; in addition to a no-meeting block once a week, we will continue to evaluate the meeting schedule and see how we can improve here.

5. 5.0

I Love Working at Thinx

Jan 4, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thinx has cultivated an atmosphere of teamwork, innovation, and accountability. Leadership does a really great job of being open and honest and compared to numerous companies I have worked at previously and is the most transparent, which is a breath of fresh air. As a manager I feel like my ideas and opinions matter and that I am making a difference in my role at Thinx. Overall, Thinx is a fun and rewarding place to work where your experience is truly what you make of it.

Cons

As many have mentioned on here, there was a cut of some benefits/perks because of COVID, which was hard, but I believe those are coming back soon

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love this company, and my job!

Dec 31, 2020 - Director in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been in my career for 10+ years, and this is the best company I've had the opportunity to work for; I feel very valued and like I've had the resources to grow and evolve since joining. The employees are very nice and passionate about our work.

Cons

We're still a startup with limited resources, so we can feel the growing pains there. We also lost some benefits due to the pandemic, but I understand they will be reissued soon.

CEO

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so happy to that you have had a positive experience working with Thinx and are excited for us to all continue to grow together.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Growing Fast, nice people

Dec 4, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people who are passionate about this mission. Decent salary and perks. Company cares about work life balance.

Cons

Thinx culture is demanding and fast paced. People are motivated and very smart but they expect the same of you and hold a very high bar for excellence. My team was not well resourced.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your response! Thinx thrives with employees like you who are passionate, and willing to work hard to help us move forward and change the industry. We are working hard to expand the team and offer the support that everyone needs. This is an exciting time for the company, and I’m so happy to have a team of people like you that shares in the enthusiasm for what is next.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Not the culture they claim to have.

Dec 1, 2020 - Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people here. Wonderful talent across all teams. Great products that really work. People really do come here so inspired, so ready to be part of important work. It's been a shame to work here so long and watch their spirits be destroyed and their potential wasted. If you work here, you will make many fast friends. Work life balance is usually fine. They recently added a once-a-month mental health day, which is much-needed during a global pandemic.

Cons

Thinx has abandoned the values that made it seem so attractive to customers and employees. Great employees now stifled for being too "cause-centric" (which roughly translates to flagging racism, sexism, transphobia or other ethical quandaries that should be welcome discussion in a healthy office environment). Those who bring these issues up are invariably told they are difficult, negative, or have a bad attitude. Leaders fail to identify racism and fail to support affected team members of color, instead excepting other employees of color to do the work for them. Gaslighting low-level employees is commonplace. Culture where it is unacceptable to speak up with any negative feedback. Company recently quite literally announced to the team that 'being profitable' was more important than 'being human.' Company also rarely promotes internally. First thing cut during the pandemic was every benefit that law did not protect and our bonuses, not C Suite salaries. Flimsy data invented to justify biased decision making. Tons of skeletons in this companies' closet when it comes to DEI and fatphobia. Yet another so-called progressive company that is terrified of being found out (again) for the truth of it's work environment. (Can only assume people in charge are doing damage control on Glassdoor leaving these positive reviews because we're currently hiring. It's happened before.) There's no transparency here, only manipulation. This is a great place to work if you have nowhere else to work because of a global pandemic. Performative activism is core to marketing so don't mistake it for what this actually place stands for.

5 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you, reviews are always welcomed and appreciated. I’m so sorry this has been your experience at Thinx. Our intent is to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcomed, supported and that they can do their best work. As a for-profit start-up in the midst of tremendous growth, we recognize there are going to be some growing pains and not everyone is going to want to come along for the ride. I personally really want all employees to feel proud of what we are doing and feel that everything we do at every level is contributing to our success. I encourage you to speak to your manager about any challenges that are creating headwinds for you, or reach out to me, so we can address your concerns directly.

9. 5.0

Amazing!

Nov 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thinx fosters an incredible workplace culture. Leadership is transparent and capable. All of the department heads are very knowledgeable in their respective fields and they work together to foster a collaborative environment. The products are fantastic and life changing for many. The business seems very strong, we are experiencing significant growth, and there are a lot of exciting things planned for 2021.

Cons

A lot of benefits were paused in 2020 because of the pandemic. I hope they come back in 2021.

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I appreciate you seeing the transparent culture we are working hard to achieve. It is not lost on me how quickly the team adapted to working from home, all the while staying focused in a very difficult year. Please know we are working to bring back the benefits that went on pause as quickly as possible.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Thinx is Improving, Leadership listens more.

Jul 24, 2020 - Thinx Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent PTO, nice coworkers, The products improve people's lives, People at the company do care to make a safe workspace and make an effort to grow.

Cons

Hasn't always been remote-friendly, Goals have been vague in the past, and figuring out what it means to be promoted was not well calculated for a long time. If you are liked, then often you do well. There are bias that everyone could dismantle.

4 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for this feedback. It really is valuable and I appreciate you understanding that we are working to continue to build a diverse and inclusive culture. I hope you find that the mission and values gives more of a clear path for upward movement and recognition, as well as our dedication to ongoing diversity and inclusion work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews