Thismoment Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Vince Broady

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company, Great culture"

Former Employee - Software Engineer - Front End in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer - Front End in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Thismoment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team was great. We worked hard but also had fun. Great compensation and good benefits.

Cons

Pivoting is always risky but it can be rewarding if it succeeds

2. "Great People, Innovative Work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Thismoment is an amazing group of people. Everyone at the company is smart, motivated, and ready to give their all. The engineering team is very talented, and the CTO is one of the funniest, smartest, and most direct people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. The tech stack is very interesting, incorporating new concepts, tools, and services.

Cons

TM isn't the place to look for some of the more luxurious perks of other Bay Area and Silicon Valley companies. Don't expect an in-house chef or a gym. The company is lean and mean, which has upsides and downsides.

Advice to Management

Keep growing, and continue the strategy of giving the engineer leeway to write good, solid code. Good product requires time, and TM has been good about letting the engineering team design and execute.

3. "Huge Potential"

I have been working at Thismoment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small, focused team working together to solve interesting and challenging problems. Recent product pivot has opened new business and technology opportunities. A collaborative work environment with intelligent, capable people.

Cons

Legacy code is an impediment to progress. Excessive tech debt is a burden. Strategy changes can be stressful. Typical stuff in an evolving startup.

Advice to Management

Align business and technology initiatives without compromise. Avoid scope creep in pursuing new business. Continue practical, inspirational approach in running the company.

4. "Get 5 year's worth of experience in 1 year, and have a blast!"

Current Employee - Vice President of Customer Success & Program Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thismoment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This has been an experience of a lifetime for me. Thismoment has been a place where I have gotten a chance to work alongside amazingly brilliant, dedicated and fun people that I consider life long friends. I have learned so many new skills and have gotten challenged to grow and learn every day. I have learned 5 years worth of new technologies, product management, digital marketing and cross-team collaboration skills in a span of each year of working here so...that's almost 25 years worth? Well, it seems that way sometimes! Time has flown by and it's definitely been fun in the process!

Cons

As with any start-up, there is an element of uncertainty as we turn corners with our product but that's just the name of the game. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen! ;)

5. "Great Energy!"

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thismoment full-time

Pros

Vince is a true motivator. People are friendly and helpful. Challenging work in a supportive atmosphere. Benefits are great - unlimited vacation!

Cons

Not much to say here.

6. "Great People and Values"

I worked at Thismoment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with at thismoment are all quality people who are kind and truly care about you. Free lunches once a week, unlimited PTO, and a very casual and friendly work environment are a plus.

Cons

There was a lack of management for my position and a drastic change in moral and culture from when I started to when I left (which is typical/expected for many startups).

7. "It was a great place. There's a chance to turn it around."

I worked at Thismoment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team at the time of my employment was amazing. They were collaborative, engaging, and had a lot of spirit.

Cons

The culture became very political. One person will agree with you and say that they're on board with the idea. When it's time to back it up to the CEO, they completely disagree with the proposal. Morale was low and culture was not important at all. Too many product pivots affected morale of the engineering team.

Advice to Management

Consult, communicate, and listen to the team members. Be transparent when decisions are made.

8. "Great company"

Pros

people and work environment were great. Management aimed to create a balanced work place by setting up company events and free lunches

Cons

Morale is low throughout the company,especially, after layoffs.

9. "Red flags"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thismoment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food. Its easy work and you get paid. It's easy to move around since the company is small. Work from home or come into the office when you want.

Cons

Company changes direction all the time based on management. Thismoment is performing terribly which can be seen thru several rounds of layoffs. Colleagues will throw each other under the bus. Work environment isn't unethical.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with employees and honest about where the company is going. Encourage behavior that is ethical and an actual team work culture.

"Engineering"

I worked at Thismoment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was a great place to learn new technologies and had a great life/work balance (pretty much just 40 hrs/week). Location was good.

Cons

Management has always been a pain- they make organizational decisions that don't help the product and most senior positions were filled by buddies of CEO.
    They pivot too often and it isn't always clear what money they're chasing.
    It's an entirely different company than the one I joined and I would not have interviewed at it in its current state.

Advice to Management

People seem to get very territorial which makes collaboration harder than it should be.
    Also Corporate Culture should be about the work, not awkward in-office parties.