Thomas Caterers of Distinction Indianapolis Reviews

1 Rating
  1. "Kitchen Chef"

Former Employee - Kitchen/Event Chef in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Thomas Caterers of Distinction full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management experience, staff management, high volume, exciting, good people

Cons

all event staff are temps aside from the hosting chef, many have little to no experience.

April 26, 2018General Manager

Thank you for your review! We have been working hard on recruitment and training new employees. We have increased our staff numbers and have been able to decrease our temp staff numbers. We are also continuously trying to improve our training process and have adopted many new techniques for training this year. We are glad that you enjoyed the management and high volume of work with our company. Your honesty is greatly appreciated!

"Avoid! Beware!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Kitchen in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Thomas Caterers of Distinction full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It used to have prestige, now it’s all gone. Only pro was the kitchen team

Cons

Bad pay, bad treatment by the owners, it used to be a great company when the awesome mother of the current owner used to manage it.

Continue reading

January 19, 2019General Manager

This is a vindictive review from an employee who was obviously released based off of their own performance. The change in ownership was over 20 years ago. It has been a very long time since anyone who was under previous ownership was employed here. Current ownership empowers all department heads to manage and reprimand their employees, so very few employees have interaction with the current ownership to be able to make vindictive comments. It is a shame that websites such as this one, allows vindictive employees who were rightfully released from employment based on their own job performance, to abuse their power and write a vindictive, inaccurate negative review.

"Terrible Company, No Respect, Unqualified Workers"

1.0
    Former Employee - Events Chef in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Thomas Caterers of Distinction full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Flexible Schedule which is also a downside because they over work a few employees and disregard the rest until they are in times of trouble and shortstaffed.

Cons

-You will recieve zero respect from anybody, no matter how hard you work. -You will work extremely hard during the busy season and your hours will be limited the rest of the year. -The owners come around once in a while and complain non-stop, yet they are never around to encourage employees or ensure proper management. -Management makes promises and does not follow through.

Continue reading

April 26, 2018General Manager

We apologize for your experience with our company. We are a company that constantly is trying to change and improve processes and grow our company for the better. Our owners have a huge presence in our company and are available daily to our management team. They are encouraging and allow our management team to take the lead, all while being supportive and available to assist management with the needs they may have. Although you say zero respect is given, we do respect all employees and treat our employees equally. We have not received any formal complaints about anyone from management being disrespectful to any employee. Our industry is constantly changing and is not a regular 8-5 industry, so our employees must be flexible and be able to help provide our clients with memories that last a lifetime through their event. Not all people are willing to work flexible hours, and we understand the event industry isn’t for everyone. We are open with potential new hires about expected hours and the need for flexibility. If you were not willing to do that, we understand and encourage you to find employment that suits your life-style.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews