Thomas Cook Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Thomas Cook CEO Peter Fankhauser
Peter Fankhauser

Pros
  • Some great people in this business (in 11 reviews)

• nice people, super locations, beach, sun, views (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours over and above core hours are not recognised (in 14 reviews)

• No clear direction from Senior Management (in 9 reviews)

1. "Excellent!"

Current Employee - Senior Officer(IATA), Western Region in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Officer(IATA), Western Region in Pune (India)

Pros

Opportunity to work on exciting, high impact projects with teams of intelligent and interesting people.You are constantly being pushed to improve and expand your skills and somehow finding room for a lot of fun of your co-workers. Working with phenomenal people on some of the toughest and most interesting business problems in the world. Attractive salary, friendly employees and perfect working conditions!!! has a great work/life balance with respectable co-workers, high standard of education and great pay...

Cons

Hours are very crazy... sometimes!

Advice to Management

Need to create assessment criteria for values during hiring and evaluation of current employees

2. "Very Good"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Thomas Cook full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

New things are getting to learn

Cons

Need to wait long for good things to come on your way

3. "Good work culture, enjoy working here"

Current Employee - Branch In Charge in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Branch In Charge in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Thomas Cook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

enjoying my work,one of the best place to work.

Cons

i dont have to say any thing as i enjoted working

4. "Thomas Cook Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Travel Sales Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Travel Sales Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Thomas Cook part-time (More than a year)

Pros

At present the company are going through transformation and I would describe this transformation as almost complete and very successful. For my current stage in life the company pays me a fair wage and as sales consultants and we have high earning potential in regard to commission. The main pro of the commission structure is that it creates a fun, competitive although team working sales environment in which all of us work together to deliver excellent customer service as well as outstanding sales on all of our products. This is another advantage of working for TC in comparison to other travel company's, the products we sell. We have an ostentatious range of products and this makes every day different.

Cons

There are very few cons with working for this Thomas Cook. I feel that sometimes there can be worry at work with individual stores futures. I also feel that there should be more opportunities to travel with the company to experience some of our great products.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to increase the amount of educational trips and training courses available to us as Sales Consultants. So far the change of senior management has been good for the company and I think we are heading in the right direction as one big Thomas Cook family. I would like to progress within the company also, so perhaps I would advise management to make more opportunities to me and others wanting to work our way up available to work our way up.

5. "I work in the Customer relations complaint department and love every minute of it. Couldn't have asked for a better job."

Current Employee - Customer Realtions Advisor in Falkirk, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Realtions Advisor in Falkirk, Scotland (UK)

Pros

Some of the complaints we receive are brilliant, like people looking for compensation because the weather was not always sunny.

Cons

the only downside i would have is that the pay is not that great for a complaints department. If they put it up it would be so much better.

Advice to Management

Thomas Cook is a great company to work for but we need a pay rise soon or every1 will leave for better paid jobs,

6. "living my dream but still able to make a living for myself"

Current Contractor - Children's Representative in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Children's Representative in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Thomas Cook as a contractor

Pros

Thomas cook is a reliable company, it has given me opportunities that i would have never thought of before, they have given me my dream job!

Cons

you don't find out what destination you are going to in advance.

Advice to Management

try and let members of staff know where they are going to be places at least a month before they are due to go.

7. "Thomas Cook is a truly wonderful and local company to work for"

Current Employee - Overseas Kid's Representative in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Overseas Kid's Representative in Birmingham, England (UK)

Pros

Only chooses the best staff based on experience, qualifications, and ability to work in a team.
    They also offer opportunities for promotions through their 'step up' schemes.
    They're also loyal. Their values are precise, and they stick by them

Cons

i have yet to experience any cons for working for Thomas Cook

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work :)

8. "A happy employee!"

Current Employee - Kids Representative in Larnaca (Cyprus)
    Current Employee - Kids Representative in Larnaca (Cyprus)

I have been working at Thomas Cook (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Thomas Cook is brilliant. It's like being part of a big family. I always feel that there is loads of people I can go to for help, advice or aid. And thats a big factor as to why I have stuck with Thomas Cook as opposed to other companies. TC also provides training etc which is thourough and highly helpful. They pay for flights and pay a regular fixed salary which is also a big plus!

Cons

Homesickness. But that is nothing to do with Thomas Cook. Purely the job itself. And perhaps that there is occasionally a member on the team who isnt someone you get on with. But you can't blame the company for that and in my experience they deal with it very well.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!! I really am happy and proud to be part of the Thomas Cook family. I just am scared of stuff like government cuts or financial issues impacting us. But I have full confidence that it wont!

9. "Destination Representative"

Current Contractor - Destination Representative in Marmaris (Turkey)
    Current Contractor - Destination Representative in Marmaris (Turkey)

I have been working at Thomas Cook as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

A huge company with so much opportunities and possible career growth, great people to work with and the assessment day was to a highest standard comparing to the other companies I have been. All lovely and helping staff, and what a company imige! So excited to be working with Thomas Cook

Cons

None! Avsolutely happy with everything so far. Very helpful in every stage.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "Highly Recommended For Those Interested In Becoming A Cabin Crew Member And Joining The Travel Industry"

Current Contractor - Cabin Crew in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Cabin Crew in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Thomas Cook as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Thomas Cook Airlines promotes personality and utilises all crew to create a positive environment for all guests. The company achieves its values by adapting to wide ranging internal and external factors, and continues to prioritise safety. The training provided to new crew members is extensive, especially relating to operating, safety, first aid and security. Cabin Crew members are consistently monitored and have support available from managers, mentors and other employees in the company. Thomas Cook airlines is keen to be transparent for employees and keeps up communication building a sense of community with the ideal level of openness for this industry. Pay and benefits are competitive within the industry and improve with continued service.

Cons

The opportunities to become a full time member are limited and some crew have been waiting for several years. However, this has been made as clear as possible to those joining. The seasonal nature of contract I applied for actually attracted me to the company. Shifts are varied and a considerable amount of leave is available with a fair leave booking leave system in place. Although, I have found myself with slightly fewer shifts than I had hoped for. This issue has been experienced by both new and experienced crew. I do appreciate the operational needs of the company and additional staff reduces the risk of staff shortages due to sickness or possible departures from the company.