Thomas International Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Thomas International CEO Amir Qureshi
Amir Qureshi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Thomas has a relatively flat management structure and highly-accessible senior management team (in 8 reviews)

• Since joining Thomas in 1999 I have had the privilige of working with some great people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • It can be difficult sometimes to get the work / life balance correct but this is also the day and age we live in (in 8 reviews)

• Sadly with the current leadership team this will never be realised (in 5 reviews)

"Team focus at Thomas International"

I have been working at Thomas International full-time

Pros

Thomas International focuses on the team as a whole. Regular one-to-one meetings, stand-ups and meetings with the senior leadership team all take place regularly, allowing the staff to develop and grow as the company does.

The company has a unique personality and is welcoming to all new starters, no matter their role. You'll feel like a part of the team from day one and will continue to learn more about the company and its different areas as time goes on.

Cons

Life at Thomas runs at a fast pace, but this allows you to try new things and grow within your role.

Advice to Management

Carry on with the updates, meetings and feedback sessions. The company is always growing, and this is an exciting time to be a part of it.

2. "Constantly growing and developing"

I have been working at Thomas International full-time

Pros

The recent spout of negative reviews is complete rubbish. For anyone who has been a part of the company, they'll know it's full of bright individuals who care about the success of the business and the development of each other.

Thomas is a constantly growing, ambitious company, and has managed to adapt to an ever changing market exceptionally well.

Regular one to one meetings, company wide stand ups keep people in the loop and engaged with each other, there's no way anyone can say they don't know what is happening in the business.

Cons

The pace of the business and the moments of change may not be suitable for some, but it's 2017, if you can't accept change, you need to look at yourself as a person first.

Advice to Management

Stay engaged with the current staff and stay accessible, it's the only way the company and the staff will grow and develop.

"Bursting at the seams with talent and potential"

I have been working at Thomas International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For anyone who has read any previously reviews it will come as no surprise that Thomas is a hugely ambitious company who are taking the journey from good to great at a rapid pace.

Contrary to some opinions posted, I believe that Thomas is heaving with hugely talented, capable and ambitious individuals. We are constantly attracting bright, enthusiastic people who buy into our vision of being the largest, most successful independently owned provider of psychometric assessments.

I have worked for Thomas for many years and whilst it is true that the face of the company is very different to the one I joined I don't consider this a negative. The very essence of success is to evolve and this is something we do incredibly well as a business. It is critical to adapt to the ever changing world and adapt your practices and culture to be the best you can be; nobody wants to be Kodak!!

So many people at Thomas go above and beyond on a daily basis that I find it hard to believe this would happen in a mediocre, disengaged company!

Cons

As ever the pace of change and adaptation can be intense but this is understood and embraced by those who want the company to be successful.

Advice to Management

Don't listen to the naysayers. Concentrate on keeping the first class talent you have in the business engaged and the rest will take care of itself.

"An exciting place to be!"

I have been working at Thomas International full-time

Pros

There are challenges and opportunities to grow and develop exponentially here and everyone genuinely supports each other. Teams join together to celebrate successes every week and are always willing to provide guidance and encouragement when things do not always go as planned! I have never worked for a company where its employees are so in-tune with each other and are all striving for a common goal.

The company as a whole are on a journey to become more agile and responsive to the evolving technology market - this has meant moving into unknown territory and not being afraid to take risks. This has been met with some reluctance and inflexibility from members of the team who are sadly no longer with us, however I personally find this process very exciting to be a part of. Since I have joined Thomas, every day has been different and the amount of trust and freedom to create I have been given is incredibly empowering. I am grateful for the opportunities I have been given so far and hope to continue growing with the business.

Cons

The steep learning curve is not for everyone. If you enjoy learning every day and being outside of your comfort zone then great! If you are looking for something simpler with VERY clear plans for the future, perhaps look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep on listening to and involving all of us in important business updates. As long as we are aware that the change is happening, trust will be kept strong.

Jul 19, 2017 – COO

It is great to read how positive you feel about being in this fantastic business and the way you clearly approach your role and describe the journey we are on is testament to the "Team Thomas" that... More

"Have lost it totally"

I worked at Thomas International full-time

Pros

There are still some good products out there.

Cons

They have now degenerated to hiding facts from their own people. CEO's reply to one of the posts is totally wrong and not many may know it. Profits have been declining for past 3 years and last year we made a loss. Far from doubling of profits claim made by CEO in the reply.

We employ just about 100 people across the globe; it is actually just 5 countries. Not 500 as the CEO claims.

I suspect if some one digs a bit, a lot more such will emerge. Very sickening to see the squalor that has come to characterize this company.

Advice to Management

What can you advice men bent on wanton destruction.

"Sophisticated BD"

I have been working at Thomas International full-time

Pros

Business development here is like no other company, it is very comfortable and sophisticated

Cons

Low career growth as per the industry

"Getting worse"

I have been working at Thomas International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good tools and good people at ground level. Clients a valued by consultants but are becoming a number to the company which is sad.

Cons

None of the senior managers have sold the products and services we offer and constantly bang the drum for short term wins whilst expecting us to do long term goals. Cost of sales are cheaper internally so they get to pick and choose which account they want to hand out to the field ignoring potential opportunities to grow accounts. Stuck in the old transaction sales regime and when people try to sell solutions and think outside the box they get slapped down for not hitting the target for that day, week or month. More interested in how many calls, even dials are measurements more rigourously than actually looking at the poor account management and lost opportunities.

Advice to Management

Sort out the sales process as so many missed opportuniries with large account sitting in internal sales and not enterprise or external sales.

Aug 9, 2017 – CEO

Many thanks for your feedback and it is true that for a period of time there has been some challenges in helping everyone understand how the business has moved forward allowing the field teams to... More

"A very bad place to be..."

I have been working at Thomas International full-time

Pros

Sad to say: Not many pros left
    Tools were powerful but have have not kept up with the times

Cons

The last 2 years have seen a major turn for the worse. The current CEO is tearing the company apart. I am relieved that employees are starting to speak out on the emotional abuse they suffer evey day. I have been with Thomas for a number of years and have always over performed in my job, the numbers speak for itself.However, more recently I have seen the best performing and previously engaged employees resiging or being asked to resign one after the other. I am one of the last ones standing and purely out of loyalty to a business that had so much potential. Sadly with the current leadership team this will never be realised. The word "toxic" features in previous reviews and for very good reason.

Advice to Management

Stop using "change" as a public reason for the honest reviews. There is a major difference between change and total destruction due to unethical and victimising leadership. Thomas is not a bottling company in a developing country, don't manage it as if it is.

Aug 11, 2017 – CEO

The results on both sales and revenue for this amazing business speak for themselves and are not at all as you describe as we are growing in excess of 20% year on year and profit over the last three... More

"sort this mess out, please!"

I have been working at Thomas International full-time

Pros

As other reviews have said, great products to work with and lots of talent.

Cons

I used to love coming to work but now I dread the alarm going off, wondering what I am going to be beaten up for today, by a leadership team that I think is also being constantly being beaten up the CEO. The atmosphere is awful, people are scared to say what they think, in case they lose their jobs, as happened to one person recently.

Advice to Management

Things were mad when Martin was in charge, but at least we had some fun. Now it's just nasty.

Aug 9, 2017 – CEO

As the business grows and standards raise it can be hard for some people to keep up with it and sounds like you are clearly struggling. Our International business is growing every day and I would... More

"Look under the carpet"

I worked at Thomas International full-time

Pros

Can be a good place to work if you conform and look right

Cons

If your face doesn't fit then you are out. Take a look at the employment stats for the last 3 years, they will tell any prospective buyer a truer story of Thomas, not just the employed but the self employed who have now gone, tells one hell of a story actually

They have had hard choices to make as the CEO keeps on saying, they were not hard choices they were what the SM needed to do to make the company look hip and trendy for perspective buyers, end of story

Advice to Management

No point

Jul 11, 2017 – COO

Thomas is an amazing company with huge growth and change over the past three years which as you clearly accept is not for everyone. All employees whether employed or self employed are given equal... More