Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys Founder Thomas J Henry
Thomas J Henry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great health care plan, free gym membership, Christmas Bonus" (in 29 reviews)

• "Thomas J Henry is of the utmost quality not only as an attorney but as well as a boss" (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "One of the biggest cons of working here is no 401k and no overtime" (in 32 reviews)

• "At present, there is no sick pay- but I know they are working on this to make available in the future" (in 19 reviews)

1. "The Most Tremendous Company I've Ever Worked For!"

Current Employee - File Clerk/Med Clerk Floater in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - File Clerk/Med Clerk Floater in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Great Opportunities, Excellent Training & Trainers, Friendly And Courteous Staff, Terrific Pay Grade And Great Chances For Advancement, Also This Company Is Very Flexible With Time Off Request's And Are Always
    Concerned About The Staff.

Cons

There Are No Downsides About This Company.

2. "Great Place for Young Attorneys to Learn"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in San Antonio, TX

Pros

THIS IS A GREAT PLACE FOR A YOUNG ATTORNEYS! The workload is non-stop and so you will learn more in a few months here than you could ever learn anywhere else. TJH also offers a 401k with 3% match, paid personal time off that is accrued weekly (and has to be used by the end of every quarter), additional vacation time and designated firm holidays, decent insurance options, and free Starbucks coffee.

Cons

The workload can be overwhelming at times so if you don't have a good team working with you, it can be hard to stay on top of all your work. Also, it can be difficult for attorneys to "climb the ladder" because the firm is so segmented — pre-lit does all the pre-lit stuff and then they pass it off to litigation to do all the litigation stuff — there's not a lot of cross-over. Therefore, all the experience you are receiving is coming from the one type of work you do (e.g., pre-lit, lit, major trials, etc.) and you never really learn how to take a case all the way from intake to conclusion.

"Bad bad place"

Current Employee - Information Technology
    Current Employee - Information Technology

Pros

If you stick it out, you'll learn how to be treated poorly and take it. If you leave a 5 star review, you get a t-shirt.

Cons

You're treated poor. Tommy J spends $10 million on a party and we got $80 end-of-year bonuses.
    High turnover for non-attorney employees because it's a bad work environment. Hard work is not rewarded unless you brown-nose and backstab. Very "cliquey" with a small cult of execs who have managed to let their workload exceed their capacity and refuse to delegate responsibilities for risk of losing job security.

A big kitchen with many fires going on, but no dearth of hungry customers who'll eat burnt food.

Advice to Management

Restructure. Make management reapply for their same jobs and take new submissions seriously.
    Have more ways to get effective feedback from employees and take their considerations seriously.
    Make an executive board decision to put a kibosh on Tommy J's spending habits and improve employee satisfaction. It's not advertising, it's narcissism.

"Teamwork Makes the Dream Work"

Current Employee - Litigation Paralegal in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Litigation Paralegal in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thomas J. Henry is a place of opportunity. They have great benefits available such as; 401K plan, Health Insurance, Vacation Time and Personal Time Off. In addition to providing vacation and paid time off, the Firm celebrates the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Employees are regularly treated to firm-wide giveaways, including movie passes, theme park passes, sporting event tickets and more!

Cons

When having days off for Holidays, employees are notified last minute which days they'll have off. Most of the giveaways or mixers are held in San Antonio and mostly held during week days, not giving other employees the chance to attend or have a mixer locally. The pay could be way better and raises need to be given in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

The pay could be way better and raises need to be given in a timely manner.

"Receptionist"

Current Employee - Receptionist
    Current Employee - Receptionist

Pros

I enjoy the environment that I get to work in and with the people I get to work with. I like that Thomas J Henry takes care of his employees from 401K to All Purpose Leave. I've never worked with a company before where the head boss really thinks about his employees.

Cons

No overtime is allowed,

Advice to Management

N/A

"Receptionist"

Pros

Personal time off, gym membership, employee discounts and paid vacations

Cons

There is no overtime available

"Medical Clerk"

Current Employee - Medical Clerk in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Medical Clerk in Corpus Christi, TX

Pros

The Employees! Management! Office Pot lucks and Luncheons! Holiday Pay time off!

Cons

None whatsoever! I love it here!

Advice to Management

No whatsoever they are doing a amazing job!

8. "It's Great"

I have been working at Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys full-time

Pros

401k, PTO, Sick Time, Health Insurance

Cons

More parking is needed.

9. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - File Clerk in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - File Clerk in Corpus Christi, TX

Pros

Great, friendly staff. Time goes by quick, always something to do.

Cons

No cons in my opinion

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

10. "Mail Clerk"

Current Employee - Mail Clerk in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Mail Clerk in Corpus Christi, TX

Pros

Everyone is friendly. People who train you are very good.

Cons

I have had no issues.