Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC Reviews

Updated May 19, 2020

3.8
Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC Founder Thomas J Henry
Thomas J Henry
Pros
  • "Free gym membership, fantastic internal work environment(in 33 reviews)

• "I enjoy working here at the Law Office of Thomas J henry(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "No recognition, high turn over rate, no overtime, insurance too high(in 17 reviews)

• "I can honestly say there are no cons(in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work, much opportunity for advancement, great management, employees and benefits"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The amount of knowledge and experience you have the ability to learn from at the firm is unparalleled. From Mr. Henry to Mr. Turk to all of the senior attorneys, numerous other attorneys, paralegals, staff and employees at the firm the help and knowledge you receive is unbelievable. I’ve worked at the firm for over 4 years and continue to learn from everyone daily. Everyone is so helpful and willing to help and give advice and knowledge. I frequently seek advice from paralegals and case managers, other attorneys, senior attys and management. Everyone has always gone over and beyond to help. Our resources at the firm are top notch and endless. Mr. Henry goes over and beyond to ensure we always develop the best cases possible for our clients. The advancement opportunities are amazing. Management encourages employees to seek advancement within the firm. The firm is so large there is always a new opportunity for everyone. The knowledge you gain from working with Mr. Henry is unmatched. He and management are always willing to help and answer questions. I learn more from talking with Mr. Henry than I ever have at any CLE. The people that work here are great. The job can definitely be stressful and high paced but the people we work with are great! Even in stressful times we laugh and mostly all get along great. As mentioned, the job is definitely high paced, can be stressful and management expects a lot of from their employees, but only because they expect the best results for our clients. Management acknowledges dedication and hard work if you are willing to put in the hard work and are efficient. The benefits are amazing!

Cons

The only con I have ever had was no 401K, however, we now have a great 401K. I’ve had a great experience working at the firm and have no real substantive complaints.

Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC2020-04-03
  2. "Team TJH!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Antonio, TX

Pros

My top Five reasons TJH gets 5 Stars 1. Job Stability 2. Benefits 3. Bonuses 4. Professional Development 5. Management is constantly working on ways to improve the company as a whole.

Cons

Currently, no cons to report. This company is truly a great place to work!

Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC2020-04-29
  3. "Working for TJH or should I say Tanya Bachand"

Current Employee - Senior Paralegal in San Antonio, TX

Pros

As much as I want to write a bad review about the firm. I can’t. I have worked there for so many years seeing everything that has happen from the worst to the greatest. The one and only reason I cannot write a bad review is because of Tanya Bachand. She has made working there worth it. Out of everything, she is the reason 90% of the employees stay. If it wasn’t for her the turn over rate would be a whole lot worse than it is. So instead of giving the firm this five star review. I am actually giving it to Ms. Bachand. Yes there have been times were working for the firm have been dreadful but in the end they have also been some of the most valuable times of my life. Ms. Bachand is a true inspiration to the firm. She has been such an amazing mentor and leader. I have learned that you have to stand your ground on what you believe in and what you believe is right without being ugly about it. You can stand up for yourself and others but be tactful about it. Do not burn your bridges in the process. When I needed guidance whether in my personal life or my work life, she has been there to provide assistance without judgment. Many people fear her and think she is unapproachable, I can tell you she is one of the nicest and most approachable people you will ever meet. No matter your issue, she will look at all aspects and try to help make things better. She goes so far as to show everyone that she cares by hand writing to everyone in G3 a little thank you note. She could have been generic with the notes but she took valuable time out of her day to write something personal. No other manager will do something like that, especially not with the amount of staff that we have. So for this review, yes, TJH is the greatest place to work only because of Ms. Bachand makes it that way.

Cons

The raises. The employees deserve way more than they are actually getting. We work hard and do twice the work for so little. We make sure that we are providing the work of two people (since the medical clerks were laid off) for the same amount of pay because as 1) have no other options and 2) because we want to succeed.

Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC2020-04-24
  4. "Great Opportunity To Work"

Current Employee - Case Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The job employment has been tremendous especially when it comes to benefits and working together as a family to accomplish our goals for the clients.

Cons

I believe in room for improvement to make a business a success. I'm sure the employer will ask the employees for improvements on the business.

Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC2020-04-15
  5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Above all I would like to thank Mr. Henry for allowing employees to work from home during Covid-19. As a lot of employers have had to let employees go or suspend them, Mr. Henry and his team have gone above and beyond to try and keep things as functional and orderly as possible while allowing the transition of employees to comply with State and Federal orders to work from home. This is just one of the reasons I love working at the firm. Other Pros are 401K, Vacation and APL, employee recognition programs, gym membership, luncheons, movie premiers and the list goes on. I've never worked for such a great company that continues to give, respond and has a positive outlook for continued growth. As the company expands there are more opportunities for career advancement which is a huge Pro.

Cons

Currently have no complaints.

Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC2020-04-15
  6. "Still working, still signing up lots of new clients!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Went to work from home with no problems. Amazing, everyone here is still working, from home! Company took very good care of us during difficult and scary time. Fast paced, never a dull moment. VERY client centered. High ethical standards, you cannot cut corners here, which I find to be honorable, even if its very hard to do everything perfectly, managers insist on keeping high standards all the time, no matter what. Great benefits, 401k, time off, etc.

Cons

work load sometimes overwhelming, need to hire more people faster

Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC2020-04-10
  7. "Excellent place to work for anyone interested in a career in the Legal field"

Current Employee - Litigation Paralegal in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

-TJH has remained "Open" to work from home during this Covid19 pandemic. VERY THANKFUL FOR THAT. They have really taken care of us employees in this regard. -Well thought-out system, highly structured. We have a lot of tools to get the job done. -I'm satisfied with the pay, and I do believe I have a lot of room to climb. -Very supportive towards employees. I personally feel comfortable talking to HR about requesting things, although I don't typically do that. -Guaranteed 40 hours regular schedule, weekends off. -There are many more pros.

Cons

-Cant work more than 40 hours. I would put in 80 a week if I could. It's understandable why they can't do more than 40 though, considering how many employees this firm has.

8. "Terrific Opportunity"

Current Employee - Briefing Attorney in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Management is dedicated and experienced, resources are amazing. -This company is successful for many reasons. They have a proven system, and provide consistent guidance to help their staff. The management and administration care about their clients, and consistently strive to be the best in the industry.

Cons

It is a big company, and sometimes resources can be difficult to locate even though there are plenty of resources available. There is always plenty of work to do, so this job is not for people who like to work in a relaxed or slow environment.

Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC2020-04-08
  9. "I love working here."

Current Employee - Paralegal

I have been working at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

I get to work with smart hard-working people and benefit from their knowledge and guidance. I am given opportunities to bonus. If I ever have an issue there is always someone I can go to and talk about it. I am paid well and always compensated for all of my work.

Cons

I cannot think of any.

Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC2020-04-08
  10. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent resources and great management

Cons

None that I can think of

Found 207 reviews