Cover image for Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

123.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health~19844
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work, learning opportunities for new grads

Jan 18, 2023 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Abington, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very knowledgeable and team oriented staff

Cons

Chronic short staff, staff shared at least once or twice a month, high patient ratios at times

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

amazing coworkers

Jan 11, 2023 - Support Staff
    Business Outlook

Pros

excellent word life balance. awesome co workers

Cons

no communication with management or upper management. daily/ weekly changes with no communication as to what changes to policies or procedures and then it makes you look stupid severely understaffed

3. Join the Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Jeff health

Jan 17, 2023 - Intern in Phil, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice coworkers and such a comfortable environment

Cons

Long work hours, sometimes you will be drained

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Pros and Cons

Dec 21, 2022 - Primary Care Physician
    Business Outlook

Pros

My colleagues within my department and in specialty departments are wonderful people that really care about patients. The patient population is a good mix. Support staff is generally good (although see below). We use Epic EMR, which has been customized well. Within my academic department, I feel like I have been given great opportunities for career growth where I express interest.

Cons

The organizational structure is exceptionally convoluted. It's nearly impossible to know how to get things to change if you need to go "above" your pay grade. As Jefferson has gotten huge, I've felt more like a cog-in-the-wheel and not as valued as a physician. Support staff can be fantastic or terrible, and everywhere in between and it is hard to get anyone moved or terminated if they're not doing their job.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good coworkers but understaffed and understocked

Jan 11, 2023 - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture of teamwork at unit level

Cons

Understaffed of techs and nurses as well as understocked supplies

7. 3.0

Great Culture

Jan 25, 2023 - Practice Transformation Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and leaders

Cons

Not the best pay range

8. 4.0

Good place to work

Jan 4, 2023 - Registered Nurse - Operating Room in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've had a good experience overall. I feel I am paid well and we get approximately 30 PTO days per year, which is great.

Cons

Sometimes it is a bit disorganized as an organization, but I feel like most places are.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Flexible but low pay

Jan 4, 2023 - Insurance Verification Specialist in Abington, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked with good people My department was flexible WFH after COVID Stress free Good benefit

Cons

Low pay range for role

10. 4.0

Happy where I’m at

Dec 22, 2022 - Sonographer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The training process for sonographers is thorough and vigorous which benefits the patients. I personally would only get ultrasounds done at Jefferson hospitals.

Cons

I think pay is all over the place. Time to re evaluate the departments pay per individual

11. 5.0
    Former Employee

Need improvement

Dec 20, 2022 - Practice Transformation Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

They care about their patients. And have a great team.

Cons

The company could use a bit more structure and they need to update the software. The Epic system is behind from other organizations.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 742 Reviews
</>Embed

Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health Reviews FAQs

Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 823 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

66% of Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews