Thomas Reprographics Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "GREAT Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Thomas Reprographics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very good benefits, competitive pay, good opportunities for growth, casual/professional dress code which is great and great culture.

Cons

There are operational things that can be done locally, instead they are done at Corporate office which is far but regardless it is a great company to work for.

2. "Service Supervisor"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Thomas Reprographics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable work environment, great people, variety of job duties ,management is flexible, occasional overtime. CEO does a State of Thomas every year to keep us informed of the companies progress. A newsletter to keep us informed of all the latest things that are going on in the company.

Cons

I have been treated pretty good and no one gets all that they want.

3. "Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Thomas Reprographics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for many years and have been given multiple opportunities to move up or change positions based on my strengths. I really do love to come to work each and every day.

Cons

I would like to see us be able to have a Holiday Party and/or Employee Picnic again....always a fun way to build the team.

Advice to Management

Give each store a "Fun-Time" budget to use on celebrations as mentioned above based on the number of employees.

4. "Horrible & very unprofessional"

Former Employee - Management in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Houston, TX

I worked at Thomas Reprographics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of your Co-workers are great to work with and you get to see first hand all the cool and neat prints

Cons

Where to start. Has the most unprofessional manager around. He talked about managers in front of other mangers and talked about other store managers in front of his staff and teams that worked with these other store managers. He made fun of people all the time behind their backs but would be their best friends to their face. When an issue raised and you brought it to his attention it took him days to talk to you and he he did talk to you he addressed the issue with you then make a joke about the customer. He also lied a lot about issues and he would pay attention to you when you are talking to him. Like it goes in one ear and out the other. He singled people out who would disagree with him on topics instead of listing to him like a true store manager. Customer Service went to HELL from the front counter and Inside CSR's because the Production Team (Color large format and Finishing) wouldn't read the work orders or ask questions or get with a CSR to contact their customer to let them know the job was going to be late. Customer wouldn't found out until they came to pick it up and then Front counter or inside CSR would have the complaint that it wasn't ready and there was poor customer service and instead of talking to production about it the CSR would be the ones to get in trouble. NO ONE took responsibility for their mistakes it was also pointed at the next person. Their was no support within the company. Managing 4 departments and helping other departments and other store locations took a toll but they never wanted to promote a lead in each department and each department was neglected because we were pulled in so many directions. This is a dead in job no growth with in or movement for some employees. I could go on and on.

"Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I worked at Thomas Reprographics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. I'm not aware of any?

Cons

They dismiss you for no good reason.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees.

"Worked there for long time and never felt appreciated. Worked hard and long hours before they put people hourly."

Former Employee - Production in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Production in Houston, TX

I worked at Thomas Reprographics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People that work with you are great. Was nice when they would give bonuses when they was making money. Or at least add to 401k.

Cons

No raises and not appreciated. Do not recognize what their employees are doing to make them successful but then keep people that are lazy.

Advice to Management

Need new management.

Thomas Reprographics Response

Jul 17, 2017 – Chief People Officer (CPO)

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Thomas does offer a 401(k) company match . You should check your account to see the amount of each match, as well as the amount of the profit... More

7. "Ok place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Thomas Reprographics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly Co-Workers to work with

Cons

do not expect a raise at all

Advice to Management

Give People Raises

Thomas Reprographics Response

Jun 2, 2017 – Chief People Officer (CPO)

First, thank you for your review. We do have great employees and are very proud of that fact. I believe saying "do not expect a raise at all" is a little harsh. While we do not have an annual... More

8. "Customer Service Nightmare"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Thomas Reprographics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Austin, TX location is an awesome sign shop with a talented and hard working production team. If you want to learn signage, this is a great place to be.

Cons

The leadership and management team are terrible. I was over qualified for the position that I was hired for and was treated very poorly. If you want to work at a place where people get ahead by standing on each others shoulders and kicking in each others teeth, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Get some people skills. Seriously. Maybe get a therapist to help you understand why you feel it necessary to treat people like crap.

Jun 2, 2017 – CPO

Thank you for your feedback. We believe our Austin location is pretty special and agree that our employees are a hard-working and dedicated "team". I regret your expectations were not met . Our goal... More

"Enough is enough..."

I worked at Thomas Reprographics full-time

Pros

Coworkers are pretty good. For the most part everyone works well together.

If you are looking for a temporary landing spot to better things this is your place.

Cons

No raises for any one except for management. There have been people working here for 5, 10, plus and have not received any raises or bonuses.

0% communication

Insurance and benefits are a complete joke. Not to mention extremely expensive. If you are married you better hope your spouse is working, if not you won't be able to afford to carry your spouse let alone your children.

Training to work at this company is a complete joke. They stick you in a department to follow someone around for a few hours and call it training. I feel bad for new hires because they are not getting a fair shot to succeed.

No overtime is ever offered and turn over rate is very high.

Advice to Management

Advice to corporate office. Send in someone that knows what they are doing and look at everything from the inside out....there is no way corporate can know how terrible this place is and NOT do something about it.

You still have a few good people left in this organization, I suggest use them to your advantage and press the "RESET" button on this place immediately.

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES!!! There are too many people doing the amount of work for 2 sometimes 3. This company can thrive and be great. Something needs to be done immediately.

Thomas Reprographics Response

Jun 2, 2017 – Chief People Officer (CPO)

First, thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We have placed a renewed emphasis on training, employee engagement and employee retention. This is a very exciting time for us and we are... More

"Decent people to work for and with"

Former Employee - Black & White Scanner/Printer in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Black & White Scanner/Printer in Maitland, FL

I worked at Thomas Reprographics full-time

Pros

Decent people to work for and with. Family-owned corporation. Regular reviews of performance with a possibility of pay increase. Branch managers were for the most part awesome. Normal benefits like health, 401K & flexible spending accounts. Promotes cross-training, but..(see cons)...

Cons

Nepotism is rampant at this company - before and after the merger. They buy out other companies; not in itself a bad thing. - I don't know how other 'bought-out' locations feel but I got the sense that after the initial merger and getting everyone settled in that we were just another branch. Laid off after many, many years for 'lack of work'. I got the distinct feeling that, instead, the reason was for an injury I had sustained while not at work. ..(cross training) - every time I was willing to cross train in a different department there was never the time or opportunity.

Advice to Management

Don't lay people off after many years of service for such a lame reason. If they are willing to work elsewhere in the company, put them there. Definitely cut out the favoritism and nepotism - Keeping people only because they are your friends or family does not really help your business.