KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Thompson Creek Window Co.

Is this your company?

Thompson Creek Window Co.

Add a Review

Thompson Creek Window Co. Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2022

Found 185 of over 186 reviews

4.3
Thompson Creek Window Co. President Rick Wuest (no image)
Rick Wuest

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Excellent Training(in 12 reviews)
  • "Thompson Creek has a great culture and it feels like a family(in 12 reviews)
  • "The Factory Representatives are great people, fun to work with(in 11 reviews)
  • "Management allows integration of work into life and it makes for a healthy balance.(in 7 reviews)
  • "I feel at home with my coworkers and free to be myself while working hard to make a living.(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Solid Company

Jun 20, 2022 - Factory Representative in Lanham, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Training Company match 401k Good support system Very competent manager

Cons

A LOT of driving. You must have a strong mental hame for this.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Top Notch Company

Jan 15, 2022 - Factory Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thompson Creek has the highest quality products which makes me proud to represent them. They are not just a broker but rather design, manufacture, install, and warranty all of their own windows. The buck stops with us. I've worked for quite a few companies and none have invested in their training like Thompson Creek. Tim Shanty is an incredible trainer and they will give you ample time to get up to speed on their products, sales process, and the industry as a whole. So much so, since training I've seen immediate success because of the comfort level I was able to achieve from Tim's training. Plus, there is no cold calling. We are provided the leads from a very robust marketing department.

Cons

The schedule is taking some time for me to get used to because I'm used to a regular 9 to 5 gig. Think realtor and you will understand how the schedule works. Lots of free time but you need to be available when the clients are available so expect to work weekends and week nights when needed. This is not a con for me because I was informed on what to expect, but it's just something different I need to get used to.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Sales Training

May 31, 2022 - Outside Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tim Shanty is a one of a kind trainer. He truly cares about the people in his class - even those that aren't a perfect fit. Basically, he is a stand-up guy.

Cons

High-pressure sales is not for everyone. You are expected to drive for hours in your own car and close the deal on the first sitting.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Incredible Opportunity!

Jan 4, 2022 - Factory Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Outstanding company maintains high level of standards, dedicated to providing only superior products and services to meet the needs of their customers! Most engaging and relevant training program I've ever experienced! Tim Shanty does a fantastic job investing knowledge in the trainees and preparing them for success! The training program is extremely thorough and provides new sales reps with all the tools and support they will need! Appointments are pre-set. Call center works tirelessly to schedule solid appointments for sales reps in efforts to make their time in the field valuable and meaningful. Managers are unbelievably supportive and accessible, providing a constant flow of applicable feedback. A true team environment where every member is a valued and integral piece of the puzzle!

Cons

Sales reps will do some serious driving and work long hours, but this is offset by being given real appointments with sincerely interested customers. The investment of time and effort is absolutely worthwhile!

5. 5.0

Jun 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule and commission

Cons

Inability to grow within the company as desired

6. 1.0

Ask A LOT of Questions on your Interview and Read Glassdoor Reviews

Nov 11, 2021 - Licensed Insurance Agent in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Home Office is AMAZING!!! with a top-notch training program. Rick is an amazing owner who cares about his company

Cons

BUT... Rick is not in the field offices and those are run very differently than what training in Maryland tells you they will be. Interviewing and Training is done of out of the Home Office in Maryland. If you are not going to work in Maryland, what you are told on your interview may not be accurate. You work REALLY Hard at this company - FIVE DAYS A WEEK, your two days off are NOT Weekends and may not even be two days in a row. You are expected to memorize scripts and say them verbatim when called one (The Managers are not expected to do the same - it is a "Do as I say, not as I do environment") You will do A LOT of driving and work 10-12 hour days (with traveling) Pay is o.k. You WILL make a lot of money, but compared to competitors for this type of work, it could be improved. As with any sales job, there is a "pecking order" on who gets the sales appointments, it helps if you have friends/family who will buy from you in the beginning. Some field offices are much better than others - INSIST on talking/interviewing with someone in the field office you will be working at.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good Company

Apr 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong culture with the right leadership

Cons

none that I can think of

8. 5.0

Great Opportunity

Feb 24, 2022 - Inside Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Provided promising leads A lot of support from management and coworkers Thorough training on products and selling Commission pay was fair

Cons

Long work days, running up to 3 leads a day.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

TCWC Door-to-Door Sales

Feb 7, 2022 - Field Marketing Representative in Ellicott City, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

-learning how to pitch -getting sales experience -learning from more experienced reps -working for a familiar company -learning to overcome rejection

Cons

-walking in cold weather and rain/snow

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing

Feb 11, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent place to work with great training and amazing culture

Cons

Can be a lot of driving but worth it

Viewing 1 - 10 of 185 Reviews

Thompson Creek Window Co. Reviews FAQs

Thompson Creek Window Co. has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 186 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Thompson Creek Window Co. to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Thompson Creek Window Co. employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Thompson Creek Window Co.. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

85% of Thompson Creek Window Co. employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Thompson Creek Window Co. 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Thompson Creek Window Co. to be management, culture, career development and the cons to be benefits, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Thompson Creek Window Co. Job Seekers