Thompson Creek Window Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Rick Wuest

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The atmosphere is fun , the people are great and there is room for advancement if you put the time and effort into your job (in 6 reviews)

• There is ample opportunity for growth within the company as well (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I can't come up with many cons it's a lot of driving but I like driving so I don't consider that a con (in 5 reviews)

• s the case with any outside sales job (in 3 reviews)

1. "Outside sales"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you'd like high quality leads for a fantastic product line, then this is the place. At my past job I felt like my own install manager. Here a professional team make sure it gets done right.

It's a real family atmosphere too. We work hard but play hard too. The company is growing and promotes from within. The care about their staff and customers.

Cons

As a growing company, there are growing pains. The IT backend appears fragile at best, and seems to be held together by some very competent staff. It needs to be fixed before any large expansion. A work life balance for outside sales needs to be found, such as rotationing weekends etc.

The training is great, but sometimes it seems like just filling time.

Advice to Management

We need one more of you and they should be a non training person. Just administrative.

2. "Thompson Creek-Marketing"

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time

Pros

This is an organization that will invest in its employees. The Creek is a place where you can start at an entry level position and grow within a blink of an eye. Nothing beats hearing the positive vibes that buzzes throughout the hallways .

Cons

Be prepared to face some challenges and have an open mind

3. "House Proud employee survey"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In my time here I have seen incredible growth. It can be a very fun place to work with a lot of inside and outside activities and contests available. The company is very diverse and everyone gets along great. There is ample opportunity for growth within the company as well. Additionally the company is big on providing training to help one with their career.

Cons

Sometimes things can feel too corporate which is probably par for the course as a company gets bigger. Like any company some in management play on favoritism over fairness.

4. "Factory Representive Perspective"

Current Employee - Factory Representative in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Factory Representative in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Absolutely the most energetic place I've ever worked. I appreciate all the positivity which builds me up to be part of this wonderful team. The camaraderie is that 110 percent it is the best part of Thompson Creek. Is absolutely an honor working for Rick and Brian and I consider myself lucky to have Vin as my manager.

Cons

I can't come up with many cons it's a lot of driving but I like driving so I don't consider that a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

5. "Factory Representative"

Current Employee - Factory Sales Representative in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - Factory Sales Representative in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having worked for two prior rather large "Family" owned companies, I can honestly say "The Creek" is the only one of the three that has actually felt like a family. Whether it be in or out of the office with co-workers, the feeling of being a part of something great is never in doubt. I'm in outside sales and spend a lot of time on the road in clients homes and don't get to spend a lot of time at the office... so I'm very dependent on my team inside the office to help me in making our customers experience second to none. Having that "family" type atmosphere makes things a lot easier when everyone is trying to achieve the same goal.

Cons

My position requires a lot of miles on my personal vehicle and a lot of time on the road helping clients with their upcoming projects... which means spending gas money and time away from family. This may seem like a negative, but as someone who's had to generate their own leads in other industries, I can honestly say that when I'm GIVEN the opportunities by Thompson Creek, it makes the hours and the miles well worth it. Not to mention the fact that a 6 figure income makes home life a lot less stressful.

Advice to Management

We've come under new management and a change in structure over the course of the last 2-3 years and we're certainly headed in the right direction. As an employee of 6+ years, it's comforting knowing that the right people are in the right places so that we can achieve our ultimate goal. I have complete trust in our leadership.

6. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture to work with, very inviting and very open! My favorite part about working at Thompson Creek is that this is the first job where the employees actually live and breathe the values on the walls! The customers experience comes before anything else and that's easily one of the most refreshing pieces about working with such a stellar company!

Cons

Just like with any job, you'll need to find a balance between your personal and professional life, but once achieved, I have no complaints!

7. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vertically Integrated. To elaborate, this company is very keen on that aspect of their business platform. Everything they do - Inside and out - is done with that in mind. From hiring their employees to how they deliver their services to the customer - it's all done from within. There is a great amount of upward mobility available for all employees, and they make it easy to plan a path for your career. Currently, the sales managers and General manager all started as a sales rep with Thompson Creek, and have moved up within the company, and when it comes time to expand there will be even more opportunities for employees to grow. They make a great product that you're not afraid to stand behind, and it feels great not to have to lie about the warranty that the product is backed with. They are all about their customers, and they actually "walk the walk" when they "talk the talk." I could go on forever, but this is a great company to consider working with in every aspect.

Cons

There is some driving involved with the job, but that shouldn't stop you if you enjoy sales. This job provides the ability to make enough money where that will become irrelevant.

8. "The Best Company I've ever worked for and YOU should too!!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The culture and the integrity that TC has are the top 2 reasons to work at Thompson Creek Window Company. I love who I work with and I love the pride we take in delighting our customers while giving them the best home improvement products possible! Our windows, doors, roofs, gutters and siding are top notch and we have top notch people from top to bottom - marketing, sales, project coordinators, project managers, installers and service techs!

Cons

The only con I can think of is that if you're not the type of person who is willing to work hard this may not be the company for you. We have a great time in between the work walls and outside, but we do understand the importance of hard work!

Jan 2, 2018 – Your HR Team

Thanks for the great feedback! You are so right that there is a tremendous amount of pride and a dedication to delighting every customer at Thompson Creek.

9. "Factory Representative"

Current Employee - Factory Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Factory Sales Representative

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started working at Thompson Creek about 1 year ago. After 6 months, I became a full time single parent. My manager was very accommodating to my situation and worked out a schedule that allows me to be with my children while not negatively impacting my ability to earn a living. The company continues to provide me with up to date technology and education and training. Truly a first class company!!

Cons

Connor think of anything at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide a positive work environment.

Jan 2, 2018 – Your HR Team

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're happy to see that the flexibility of your role has benefited you on multiple levels. You're right -- there is no shortage of learning opportunities... More

10. "Impressive. Most impressive."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Thompson Creek is a fantastic company to work for. You have to work a lot of hours but you are rewarded and pays very well if you put in the work. Everyone is very positive and it is a very team oriented environment.

Cons

It’s hard to come up with any so I guess I’ll say there’s a lot of driving but that’s the case with any outside sales job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing which is being flexible and there to support.

Jan 2, 2018 – Your HR Team

Thank you for sharing such great feedback. We love to see our employees rewarded for all of their hard work. Thanks for your contributions!