Thompson Creek Window Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Rick Wuest

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The atmosphere is fun , the people are great and there is room for advancement if you put the time and effort into your job" (in 6 reviews)

• "There is ample opportunity for growth within the company as well" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "I can't come up with many cons it's a lot of driving but I like driving so I don't consider that a con" (in 6 reviews)

• "walking door to door was not fun" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Manager in Crofton, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Crofton, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The culture is great. Initial training is adequate. The pay is competitive. The company is growing so there is a lot of opportunity. The building is very nice.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people.

2. "Amazing Place to Work with Endless Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Manager in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thompson Creek has an amazing culture that allows individuals to develop to be the best they can be! People are trusted to do the right thing, expected to make mistakes, humility is encouraged and the diverse atmosphere allows everybody to be himself or herself which in return generates a fun creative workspace.
    The company’s growth is providing unsurmountable opportunities to develop one’s careers. Thompson Creek recently opened an office in Richmond, VA and is launching in a new market soon. These new locations are opening up new positions across the entire enterprise from entry level to senior management and the career growth is rapid with just a little hard work.
    There are fun events taking place every day in the workplace from rewarding internal competitions, taking a break to play some ping-pong and darts or head to the company gym to decompress during lunch.

Cons

You won't be happy working at any other company after working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the terrific work!

3. "FUN place to work and quickly expanding"

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time

Pros

Super fun company culture, encouragement from team members and unique company events

Cons

a little far from my house but it makes it worth the drive!

Advice to Management

Encourage employees with more recognition and feedback

4. "Excellence Through Collaboration"

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time

Pros

Thompson Creek has a group of lively, diverse employees that strive for excellence - for themselves and for the betterment of the company. The company provides unique perks to keep the Creek spirit active, such as food truck visits, pot lucks, and team competitions with a variety of prizes. The company puts a lot of effort into the employees and company culture and it shows. And it shows that industry excellence and customer service is a top priority for Thompson Creek as well, with the management team sharing the successes and failures so we all can continue to understand our individual efforts and work with each other toward a common goal.

Cons

We need more staff to support the needs of the business, so it can feel overwhelming at times with so many things that need to be done.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people and leadership to grow the business.

5. "Job review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers are great there and fishapoolza is always fun

Cons

Thompson creek does not care about their employees only about lining their pockets. The AC has been broken on and off all summer and being a hotter than normal summer on the 6th floor surrounded by windows it’s like a sauna in there. They don’t let employees go home and if employees do finally get to go an hour or two before their shift ends it’s unpaid or you have to take pto. Surprisingly enough all the hire ups in their part of the building have AC. Management is also a joke most have no clue what their doing the employees are constantly suffering do to a lack of leadership.

Advice to Management

Give employees raises when deserved and don’t always speak to employees when it’s something negative or a mistake they made also focus on the good or praise them when they do something right. Always being condescending and negative just brings moral down

6. "NO RAISES & HUGE TURNOVER RATE!!"

I worked at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time

Pros

Free food on ocassions I guess.

Cons

1. THEY DO NOT GIVE RAISES!! You basically have to beg for a raise and they WILL find a reason NOT to give you one. Only the "inner circle" gets any type of raises or advancements. Basically you have to play golf with the owners or be friends with a higher up to get any where in the company. Pay here is already low!!

2. They paid us to get positive reviews from customers to boost their ratings. We basically had to beg for good reviews. There was a survey given to us to talk about our workplace. My manger told me to either give them all high scores or dont fill it out. We were not allowed to tell the truth! They wanted us to portray this fantasy world and lie about how great it is to work there.

3. There were over 200 customer per service coordinator!! That is way too many customers for one person to handle and deal with multiple issues. We could not keep up and told management. They offered no help and wrote us up and fired some people.

4. Everyone is on some type of drug. Drug use and deals happen IN THE OFFICE!! Disgusting!

5. Products are bad and defective yet they want us to pretend they are good.

6. High turnover rate in every department!

7. Sexism and racism is high!

8. The "rules" only apply to people not in the in crowd.

Advice to Management

Hire people that know how to manage people!!! Stop hiring dumb people that only got the job because they are your friend! LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES!! Stop pushing their issues under the rug and maybe the turnover rate wouldn't be so high. Invest in all your employees and not just the ones you go to the bar with! Offer people raises! The cost of living goes up each year. How do you expect employees to stay and want to work for you? How many of your lower level employees have been there more than 2 years? Pay attention to employees! They are internal customers that you DO NOT treat fairly! Take some of the money you spend on contest, fishapooloza, decorations, food, etc and give someone a RAISE.

7. "field marketer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

I worked at Thompson Creek Window Co. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay was good, you can make a lot of money

Cons

walking door to door was not fun

8. "A Model of Conscious Capitalism"

Current Employee - Factory Sales Representative in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - Factory Sales Representative in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$$$$$, Co-Workers, Company committed to Personal and Career development

I've been in the labor force for over 22 years and can firmly attest that Thompson Creek Window Company is one of the best organizations that I've had the honor to be a part of. It's a company where everyone is a dedicated and knowledgeable contributor to the best customer experience in the industry. Thompson Creek Window Company is a model of "Conscious Capitalism" and reaffirms my belief everyday that Corporations can have a positive impact on our Environment.

Cons

Loooong hours, weekend mandatory, can improve transparency in terms of compensation for Factory Representatives.

Advice to Management

Listen to Employees wants and needs to improve work experience and create happier and more productive employees.

9. "Good Products"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As an outside sales representative, you have the benefit of selling some of the best products on the market. It's a lot more fulfilling to sell someone a product that will actually benefit them at a premium price, than selling them something worthless and making it sound better than it is. When you do your job right, there is the potential for hefty commission checks; however, you need to realistically expect that there may be slumps when you close little to no sales in a week. Mental fortitude and positivity are key. You'll be supported on a salary until you're ready to be trained on high value project sales.

Cons

Long hours. You will likely work 12 ~ 14 hour days regularly, these days can feel particularly rough if you close no sales during that timeframe. The average appointment with a homeowner will be about 45mins to 1 hour. If you make a sale, the entire appointment may take as long as 1.5 ~ 2 hours, assuming you are pacing yourself correctly. Thus, most of this 12 ~ 14 hour day will consist of traveling between locations, or occupying your time creatively.

Advice to Management

Great management staff. Very supportive. As far as commission goes, it may be worth exploring a small salary to support reps during rough months.

"Sales"

I worked at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time

Pros

They have really good products and installers.

Cons

Terrible sales management. Inadequate product and app training, good leads given to long-time top sales people, overwork/churn new people like cattle

Advice to Management

no point. you already know it all