Thompson Creek Window Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Rick Wuest

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The atmosphere is fun , the people are great and there is room for advancement if you put the time and effort into your job" (in 7 reviews)

• "There is ample opportunity for growth within the company as well" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "I can't come up with many cons it's a lot of driving but I like driving so I don't consider that a con" (in 6 reviews)

• "walking door to door was not fun" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Field Rep"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Lanham, MD
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Lanham, MD

I worked at Thompson Creek Window Co. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you can give yourself a raise
    good work and school balance
    different location everyday not the same boring scenery

Cons

Harsh Weather
    daylight saving makes the job a bit of a struggle

Advice to Management

Harsh weather is the worst to work in

2. "Great environment and culture"

Current Employee - Field Marketing in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Field Marketing in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and fun culture, they pay very well and everybody is super fun to work with. Great hours and flexible schedules

Cons

Nothing is bad about working here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing

3. "Great Company"

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time

Pros

Dependable and reliable service. Commitment to excellence.

Cons

Could use more field marketers.

4. "Great company with growth opportunity!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - Marketing in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a great company with amazing growth opportunity. We are setting new records on a regular basis, and it's rewarding to be part of such a successful company. It's fun to see so many people promoted to new positions based upon their success. The work environment is great, and we work in new facilities with perks like a gym, meditation room, etc.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Thompson Creek.

Aug 20, 2018 – Your HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It's great a great time to be at Thompson Creek. Thanks for your help setting those company records!

5. "Best Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, good pay, they treat you like family, have fun events for employees

Cons

They really don't have any downs I can think of...

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. "Growth and Opportunities"

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time

Pros

Growth, career opportunities, fun people to work with and really do live company Values and Mission to customers. Retirement and 401k possibilities. A place I can see myself retiring one day.

Cons

Honestly nothing I can think of at this time. Sometimes hours could be a little longer but the overall work/life balance works out. Company is very understanding of the need to take time off without negativity. Companies in the past have looked down on taking time off.

7. "Committed to Excellence"

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time

Pros

Thompson Creek has created a wonderful atmosphere. I am excited to go to work. I love the people, the management, and the opportunities. There are numerous career paths and the company is committed to helping you find the right fit for you. The company also offers a variety of fun events for all team members. I feel so lucky to have found such a wonderful place to work. I couldn't ask for anything better!

Cons

I cannot think of any at the moment

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people. It has already done so much for our culture. Thank you

8. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Manager in Crofton, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Crofton, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The culture is great. Initial training is adequate. The pay is competitive. The company is growing so there is a lot of opportunity. The building is very nice.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people.

9. "Excellence Through Collaboration"

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time

Pros

Thompson Creek has a group of lively, diverse employees that strive for excellence - for themselves and for the betterment of the company. The company provides unique perks to keep the Creek spirit active, such as food truck visits, pot lucks, and team competitions with a variety of prizes. The company puts a lot of effort into the employees and company culture and it shows. And it shows that industry excellence and customer service is a top priority for Thompson Creek as well, with the management team sharing the successes and failures so we all can continue to understand our individual efforts and work with each other toward a common goal.

Cons

We need more staff to support the needs of the business, so it can feel overwhelming at times with so many things that need to be done.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people and leadership to grow the business.

Aug 20, 2018 – Your HR Team

We love to be able to offer our team such a variety of perks. We're grateful to have such a great team that cares about our customers. As we continue to grow, it can certainly feel a little... More

10. "Job review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers are great there and fishapoolza is always fun

Cons

Thompson creek does not care about their employees only about lining their pockets. The AC has been broken on and off all summer and being a hotter than normal summer on the 6th floor surrounded by windows it’s like a sauna in there. They don’t let employees go home and if employees do finally get to go an hour or two before their shift ends it’s unpaid or you have to take pto. Surprisingly enough all the hire ups in their part of the building have AC. Management is also a joke most have no clue what their doing the employees are constantly suffering do to a lack of leadership.

Advice to Management

Give employees raises when deserved and don’t always speak to employees when it’s something negative or a mistake they made also focus on the good or praise them when they do something right. Always being condescending and negative just brings moral down

Aug 20, 2018 – Your HR Team

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Being in a new building brings lots of excitement as well as some challenges! While we experience some issues with our AC throughout the entire... More