Thompson Creek Window Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Rick Wuest

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The atmosphere is fun , the people are great and there is room for advancement if you put the time and effort into your job" (in 6 reviews)

• "There is ample opportunity for growth within the company as well" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "I can't come up with many cons it's a lot of driving but I like driving so I don't consider that a con" (in 5 reviews)

• "walking door to door was not fun" (in 3 reviews)

1. "A Model of Conscious Capitalism"

Current Employee - Factory Sales Representative in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - Factory Sales Representative in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$$$$$, Co-Workers, Company committed to Personal and Career development

I've been in the labor force for over 22 years and can firmly attest that Thompson Creek Window Company is one of the best organizations that I've had the honor to be a part of. It's a company where everyone is a dedicated and knowledgeable contributor to the best customer experience in the industry. Thompson Creek Window Company is a model of "Conscious Capitalism" and reaffirms my belief everyday that Corporations can have a positive impact on our Environment.

Cons

Loooong hours, weekend mandatory, can improve transparency in terms of compensation for Factory Representatives.

Advice to Management

Listen to Employees wants and needs to improve work experience and create happier and more productive employees.

2. "field marketer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

I worked at Thompson Creek Window Co. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay was good, you can make a lot of money

Cons

walking door to door was not fun

3. "Good Products"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As an outside sales representative, you have the benefit of selling some of the best products on the market. It's a lot more fulfilling to sell someone a product that will actually benefit them at a premium price, than selling them something worthless and making it sound better than it is. When you do your job right, there is the potential for hefty commission checks; however, you need to realistically expect that there may be slumps when you close little to no sales in a week. Mental fortitude and positivity are key. You'll be supported on a salary until you're ready to be trained on high value project sales.

Cons

Long hours. You will likely work 12 ~ 14 hour days regularly, these days can feel particularly rough if you close no sales during that timeframe. The average appointment with a homeowner will be about 45mins to 1 hour. If you make a sale, the entire appointment may take as long as 1.5 ~ 2 hours, assuming you are pacing yourself correctly. Thus, most of this 12 ~ 14 hour day will consist of traveling between locations, or occupying your time creatively.

Advice to Management

Great management staff. Very supportive. As far as commission goes, it may be worth exploring a small salary to support reps during rough months.

"Sales"

I worked at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time

Pros

They have really good products and installers.

Cons

Terrible sales management. Inadequate product and app training, good leads given to long-time top sales people, overwork/churn new people like cattle

Advice to Management

no point. you already know it all

5. "Opportunities Galore"

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time

Pros

Thompson Creek invests in each individual according to what skills are brought with each employee and his/her personal and career goals. Company is continuously improving and looking for new ways to excel. Many exciting and challenging opportunities present themselves every day at the Creek :)

Cons

A little far from my home...but worth it!

6. "TCW- Ups and Downs"

I worked at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time

Pros

Competitive pay, Flexible hours, Great company events, Staff is great

Cons

Departments do not work together and appear to be in competition. Problems take many e-mails to many different people before they are solved. Processes are not completely efficient. Needs updates in technology

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees and the problems that they bring forward and take them into consideration. The people are who drive the business and should be considered one of the most important aspects. Employee turn around will then improve.

"Outside sales"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you'd like high quality leads for a fantastic product line, then this is the place. At my past job I felt like my own install manager. Here a professional team make sure it gets done right.

It's a real family atmosphere too. We work hard but play hard too. The company is growing and promotes from within. The care about their staff and customers.

Cons

As a growing company, there are growing pains. The IT backend appears fragile at best, and seems to be held together by some very competent staff. It needs to be fixed before any large expansion. A work life balance for outside sales needs to be found, such as rotationing weekends etc.

The training is great, but sometimes it seems like just filling time.

Advice to Management

We need one more of you and they should be a non training person. Just administrative.

Jan 24, 2018 – Your HR Team

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! You've made some great points about the back end support provided to our Sales Reps in the field. We'll be sure to share for continued improvement.... More

8. "Thompson Creek-Marketing"

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time

Pros

This is an organization that will invest in its employees. The Creek is a place where you can start at an entry level position and grow within a blink of an eye. Nothing beats hearing the positive vibes that buzzes throughout the hallways .

Cons

Be prepared to face some challenges and have an open mind

Jan 24, 2018 – Your HR Team

Thanks for your feedback. It sounds like you have really captured the fast paced feel of working at Thompson Creek!

9. "House Proud employee survey"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In my time here I have seen incredible growth. It can be a very fun place to work with a lot of inside and outside activities and contests available. The company is very diverse and everyone gets along great. There is ample opportunity for growth within the company as well. Additionally the company is big on providing training to help one with their career.

Cons

Sometimes things can feel too corporate which is probably par for the course as a company gets bigger. Like any company some in management play on favoritism over fairness.

Jan 24, 2018 – Your HR Team

Thank you for sharing your experience as a member of our team. We are happy to see you have benefited from the employee activities and training opportunities we provide to help make our teams... More

10. "Factory Representive Perspective"

Current Employee - Factory Representative in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Factory Representative in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Absolutely the most energetic place I've ever worked. I appreciate all the positivity which builds me up to be part of this wonderful team. The camaraderie is that 110 percent it is the best part of Thompson Creek. Is absolutely an honor working for Rick and Brian and I consider myself lucky to have Vin as my manager.

Cons

I can't come up with many cons it's a lot of driving but I like driving so I don't consider that a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Jan 24, 2018 – Your HR Team

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback. We can feel your energy through our screen! Thanks for being a part of the team .