Thomson Reuters Reviews | Glassdoor

2,747 Ratings
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with and place to develop your career. Worklife balance is also a plus.

Cons

Not much scope for upward mobility

Thomson Reuters2019-08-21
  2. "Not recommended due to recent reorg"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible, 3 weeks vacation from start, may work at home depends which team.

Cons

Too much politics, reorg every 2 yrs or so, layoff every 2 years or so

Thomson Reuters2019-09-26

September 26, 2019Global Employer Branding Lead

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. As the market and our customers' needs are changing at such a quick pace, as a business, we must adapt our ways of working in order to continue to serve our customers and thrive in the marketplace.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Thomson Reuters get some EMPATHY and you will achieve success❤️"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It has been a great place to work. I have weathered many storms during my tenure @ TR.

Cons

You don’t pay attention to the feedback from your interns. They are the future of TR. My daughter still benefits from her unpaid internships in PR while she was in college. Play to your strengths!

Advice to Management

Get a dose of empathy. Maybe hire Brene Brown to speak at Davos. We are Thomson Reuters. I am proud to say that...most of the time.

Thomson Reuters2019-08-27
  5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Web Solutions in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of food, lots of fun people, great healthy work enviroment

Cons

Parking is sort of far

Thomson Reuters2019-08-13

August 13, 2019Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We thank you and congratulate you on joining the Thomson Reuters team this year!

6. "Good Work Life Balance & travel"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

Very good company with great people

Cons

Sometimes large territories depending on geography

Thomson Reuters2019-08-08

August 13, 2019Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're proud to have been named previously among the top 25 companies striving to promote a work-life balance as a part of company culture and continue to focus on providing flexibility to our employees.

7. "A lot of flexibility for this job type"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Able to work from home whenever I’d like, good amount of vacation accrual, paid training.

Cons

You’re never really prepared when you go out on the floor for the first time but the resources offered could definitely be improved.

Thomson Reuters2019-08-04

August 13, 2019Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for your feedback - we are always looking at ways to make improvements and candid feedback is the best way for us to understand the areas where we need to focus. We appreciate you taking the time to share this!

"No support resources"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company allows people to work remote, even people nobody knows what they’re doing from home.

Cons

Onboarding is poor. Presentation by anyone but Human Resources. No IT support or Human Resources support, just a call center in another country that doesn’t answer the phone.

Advice to Management

Improve onboarding by having actual people available to assist. First impressions are lasting. Poor company orientation sets a bad tone. Terminate IT call center. It’s no help. All employees complain. You will continue to lose talent with bad new employee orientation.

Thomson Reuters2019-09-04
  9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good opportunity and good management. Good work life balance.

Cons

they have no annual pay increases

Thomson Reuters2019-08-02

August 13, 2019Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for your contribution! We are always looking at ways to make improvements and we thank you for your feedback.

"Used to be great"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Used to be a phenomenal place to work. Reorg over last 6 months has sapped morale from sales force. I'm a 10+ year vet and was always very pro TR. Lately, just seems like a big cluster F. Long term customer relationships have been severed, every tenured sales rep is basically waiting for a good opportunity to come along to jump.

Cons

Increase base salary. Almost comical how low it is is compared to market. Anyone who does interview sees that the standard base for sales is WAY higher than what TR is offering. Definitely not getting good sales talent in the door anymore to replace droves that are leaving. (or will be soon) Seem to randomly assign reps to accounts now. Big part of sales is RELATIONSHIPS BASED. That is all gone now. Reps have... no ties to accounts they are randomly assigned to. We used to care about our customers..we cultivated realtionships...we would see these customers around town, at little league games, school events etc. Now my clients are 2000 miles away from from me and I couldn't care less about them. Makes me as a sales rep feel terrible, but thats the way it is!

Advice to Management

Scrap the worst managed re-org plan in history and go back to the previous geographic model. Stop spending hundreds of thousand of dollars on consultants and useless sales training and put that $$ into comp plans. Sales people are the sharpest people in your company. They will maximize their comp plan and the comp plan will directly drive their activity.

Thomson Reuters2019-07-18

August 13, 2019Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We do acknowledge that change is hard and we have gone through a lot of change, but it is how we changed that we want to focus on. The changes we have made should enable our sales reps to have a much deeper relationship with our customers where the conversation is a strategic discussion about all their technology needs vs in the past our reps where just responsible for selling one product. We reorganized from a product-focused company to a customer-focused company so that our sales reps can provide our customers with one stop shopping. We are making massive investments in tools to enable us to go to market as a single organization by consolidating all of our customers on a single instance of Salesforce, providing a 360-degree view of the customer and improving customer insights. This investment will better arm our reps with all the customer information they need. And, we have dramatically reduced the management layers in our organization to empower decision making at the frontline. Concurrently, we have invested almost a billion dollars in acquiring new solutions to enable our sales reps to offer our customers a more complete offering. Our sales results show that our customers appreciated and endorse the changes. Yes, there is dynamic change going on but if people are interested in working in a fast-paced environment in a growing tech company we hope they consider Thomson Reuters.

11. "Very good company"

Former Employee - Web Developer

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good management Nice environment Learning opportunity

Cons

No cons for this company

Thomson Reuters2019-08-13

August 13, 2019Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your years of service at Thomson Reuters and for taking the time to provide feedback.

Found 8261 reviews