Thomson Reuters Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

James C. Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "2/5"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good work life balance. free gym

Cons

HR dept terrible, poor payers. limited progression

"Poor management, poor culture, poor department to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Officer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Officer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance
    Nice offices
    Good pension
    Good share scheme

Cons

I worked in marketing in Thomson Reuters legal division. My move to Thomson Reuters was one of the worst decisions for my career so far. I found that the role underskilled me, and didn’t develop me in the way that I expected. I took the role expecting it to be more senior, and hold more responsibility than my previous role had, but this unfortunately wasn’t the case. Within my previous roles, I was expecting the induction and onboarding process at Thomson Reuters to be very positive, informative, and professional, and this wasn’t the case. I really wasn’t aware of my role responsibilities or anyone else’s within the wider team. The marketing department has a very low level of moral and team spirit. Various members of staff have now left after a few months in role, and the team are under resourced from a management perspective, which creates a lack of consistency and direction for the department.

Mar 23, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for your feedback - we are always looking at ways to make improvements & candid feedback is the best way for us to understand the areas where we need to focus.

"Zero accountability"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most staff are nice and want to try and do the right thing despite management

Cons

No accountability. Management detached from what's really going on and won't listen when there is bad news. Strategy and investment are completely disconnected. Morale low, many people now wish they had been made redundant in the last round

Advice to Management

Have fewer priorities so people know what's actually a priority and what they can stop

Mar 16, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We thank you & congratulate you on your 10+ years of service. We are currently working on an enterprise recognition program to honor our... More

"Senior Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Good people, fundamentally great products. Decent location and balanced management if you are lucky. Great career step but on current form more of a "polisher" for a proper job with companies with new school thinking, ideas, financial rewards and culture.

Cons

Old boys club senior leaderships. Mostly old and limited in ideas and scope unlikely to flourish in the "real world". This affects the company culture and attitude to its people. Low pay, poor progression opportunities and one dimensional attitude to assessing talent. Acquisition strategy means the business units are constantly in flux and fractures yet the people get penalised for not delivering. Often not aligned in investment and it's responsibility as it relates targets and expectation. I guess shareholders must be appeased.

The best people end up leaving. New people don't stay beyond a few years, so ideas and talent can't be fostered or developed long term.

That said it depends where you work. Consider feedback and note the roles and business unit. This relates to Thomson Reuters Legal.

Advice to Management

None really. This sort of advise doesn't get high enough up the chain to make a difference. The pressure for "growth" means it is what it is.

5. "Thomson Reuters Sales and Client Relationship"

Current Employee - Specialist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Specialist in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Thomson Reuters (More than 3 years)

Pros

Offer flexibility in working hours

Cons

Pay is low, micro managed, admin, terrible morale, management don't know what they are doing, product under developed, targets are too generic and too easy to not achieve through situations outside of your own control

Advice to Management

Take a look at yourselves - management needs a clear out and people with real world experience outside of TR need to be bought in.

"IT Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Was fortunate to have a IT manager who had the foresight to adopt using Cloud Computing platforms early on.

Cons

Working in a small team there was little time for self development. Never enough budget for training or getting staff to lighten the load.

7. "Thomson Reuters"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

good work like balance , pretty good benifits and for the most part really good people.
    at times in the past has been a really good place to work.

Cons

too many changes , never stay in the same team or structure. As the company gets bigger and bigger its not easy to get things done, dont think they always think of the customer when making changes to products and process.

Advice to Management

listen to the people on the front line, we are the face of TR and get the flak for the changes you make without consulting us first.

"dull and bureaucratic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ease of access to office, relaxed working environment - most of the time anyway

Cons

The current operating model is to try and ship work to cheaper parts of the world.

This means that when you want something doing, it often has to be OK'ed in the US and then executed in India which means that getting results or issues resolved is sluggish and depressingly slow.

In addition, many services eg. networking, have been outsourced 'to concentrate on the core'. Again, this means that problem resolution takes at least an order of magnitude longs than it should.

Advice to Management

align resources to when they're needed rather than trying to source them from where they're cheapest.

make sure that business units have all resources they need instead of having to negotiate for them

Sep 13, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

"Compliance Manager."

Former Employee - Compliance Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Compliance Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Thomson Reuters (More than a year)

Pros

Relatively high job security & fair work/ life balance.

Cons

Lack of any career opportunities.

10. "Working at TRm"

Current Employee - London in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - London in London, England (UK)

Pros

Flexible working, good corporate benefits

Cons

Standard large global company, lots of internal proceses and centralised systems.

Mar 24, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for your feedback - we are constantly working towards making improvements and we encourage you to take a look at the global efforts that are taking place around the organization, by reading... More

Showing 44 of 6,236 reviews