ThoughtSpot Reviews | Glassdoor

Sudheesh Nair
  1. "All in one"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at ThoughtSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive and family-centered culture, motivating, focus-driven and benefits

Cons

Cliques by certain departments, diversity is still a challenge

ThoughtSpot2020-03-18
  2. "What is it like working at ThoughtSpot"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at ThoughtSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

ThoughtSpot is by far the best company I have worked for in my career. Why? 1) People: people are incredibly smart and yet super approachable and willing to go out of their way to teach you new skills. It is a great place for engineers to grow and learn. 2) Ownership: you can shape the direction of the product. At ThoughtSpot, if you have a good idea for a feature and can back it with data, your feature will get on the roadmap. I am amazed to see that ideas brought by engineers 1-2 years out of college make their way to the final product. 3) Selfless excellence: at ThoughtSpot, we strive for a culture of selfless excellence. It means: be excellent at your job, without the politics. From my experience, ThoughtSpot has zero politics. No one is competing with anyone else; we all feel part of one big winning team. 4) Product: our innovation is really mind-blowing. We are working on one of the hardest AI problems: how to take human questions and translate them to code and return an answer in less than 200 milliseconds. This requires innovation in: high speed distributed systems, state of the art NLP, beautiful visualization. Our technical stack goes very deep. 5) Customers: our customers love us, as evidenced by the daily feedback we collect. It is very satisfying as an engineer to see how the features we release empower employees in the the most influential companies in the world. 6) Leadership: want to grab lunch with the CEO? Discuss a technical problem with the CTO? Even though they are super busy (they truly are...) and are managing hundreds of people, they always make themselves extremely accessible.

Cons

This is a company for highly motivated employees. You are expected to be resourceful and proactive. You won't find a lot of micromanagement.

ThoughtSpot2020-03-04
  3. "'One of the right decision I made off-late'"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at ThoughtSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Open culture , Supportive team , friendly atmosphere & the space you get to be yourself.

Cons

Couldn't really think of any.

ThoughtSpot2020-03-02

"Great company culture, excellent benefits, opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - People Operations in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at ThoughtSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

The leadership team really cares about your career, this is a great space to be in. Work with really intelligent people that give up their time to help you succeed. There's an unspoken recognition that we are a part of something special.

Cons

As a fast growing start up, processes can't keep up.

ThoughtSpot2020-02-21
  5. "Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ThoughtSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive, thoughtful management. Excellent product.

Cons

Benefits can use improvement - matching 401K, education reimbursement.

ThoughtSpot2020-01-27
  6. "An energizing startup full of brainiacs"

Current Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at ThoughtSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Still early enough to have real impact on the product and company overall, but leadership has a solid vision and long-term view to guide us all in the right direction. Great people, perks and a net-positive mission. A very international company, and diverse in terms of experience and perspective.

Cons

Many pieces to learn and master; maybe too many for any one person. Still not too much process so it can be a little "on the fly" sometimes. But that's a startup - not different from any others I'm sure.

ThoughtSpot2020-01-14
  7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at ThoughtSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are the best part of being at ThoughtSpot. Genuinely nice and helpful people, very professional manners, they make you feel part of a bigger team. Leaders in the org are extremely down to earth and make themselves available. You get to work with and sell state-of-the-art technology in the data and BI space. I have worked in the BI space for many years and it's now exciting to work with a solution that truly tackles issues never solved before. Selling is so much easier when you believe in the value of your solution!

Cons

Young company going through an incredible growth phase. There may be a lot of travelling and time away from home depending on your role. Don't come here if you are a 9 to 5 guy. However you still get flexibility and understanding from management to balance your work and life. And you get good compensation and benefits to make it all worthwhile.

ThoughtSpot2020-01-07
  8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at ThoughtSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. It's a growing product. So projects are very meaningful and quality of work is great. 2. There are a lot of smart people around. So the learning curve is great. 2. Work life balance is very good. 3. Benefits are very competitive, which include an excellent health coverage, free lunches etc.

Cons

No cons in my opinion.

ThoughtSpot2020-01-02

"Egoistic People"

I worked at ThoughtSpot full-time

Pros

1. Work life balance is good.

Cons

The company is full of egoistic people in the upper management. They will stop talking to you if you are going to leave the company and some will actually start threatening you. You guys should realise that you are in an industry where employees satisfaction matter and threatening them will only fetch you bad reviews and hatred among people who leave. These guys only favour a bunch of people who they know. They will threaten you, demoralise you before you leave the company.

ThoughtSpot2019-12-26

"Great for few, not for all."

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at ThoughtSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

- For the most part, the reason why I have stayed with ThoughtSpot as long as I did was because of the people. Some of the most genuine, kind, and all around great people I have had the please to work with. I enjoyed their company both inside and outside of the workplace. - The benefits were outstanding and the pay was very competitive. - The events that are thrown are amazing. Monique always did a fantastic job; she pulled things off that few could do and always did it with poise and class. - Great potential for upward movement within the company as long as you have a supportive manager. - And finally, the fully stocked kitchen was great, as well as the fully catered meals for both lunch and dinner (if you work late).

Cons

- When I first started at ThoughtSpot, it was an amazing place to work. The management team actually stood by the values they promoted, encouraged work-life balance, wanted you to work hard AND be happy, but over time, the value the company brags about most, "Selfless Excellence" has transformed into a reason for you to forego your life outside of work, for the "greater good of the company." I understand working for a startup requires discipline, longer hours and extreme amounts of dedication to your job, but at what cost should that come? For some, there is no such thing as work-life balance (either by their choice or their manager's). And for those in a management position whose lives are their work, often that expectation is pushed onto their direct reports. - The company boasts of an unlimited vacation policy, but should you decide to use some of it, you are always expected to work during those days off and are reprimanded if you don't. Burnout from ThoughtSpot is a common occurrence across all departments. - The HR department is a joke. Who do you go to about issues in the workplace, when some of the issues are with HR? Pushing ideas on religion and hearing racist comments are things that no one in any company should have to deal with, much less from anyone in a management role. - It is made very clear that everyone is replaceable, which is true, but why should anyone devote all their time and energy to a company that doesn't care about the person behind the product they create or the service they provide?

ThoughtSpot2019-12-17