ThousandEyes Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
ThousandEyes CEO Mohit Lad
Mohit Lad

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You work different chores and learn everyday and the work environment is just awesome" (in 6 reviews)

• "The founders have developed a great product and a great culture" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is experiencing growing pains - scaling up and out is the big issue facing the company" (in 3 reviews)

• "The work environment is unprofessional and at sometimes, downright hostile" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Fantastic place to work at!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Engineer
    Current Employee - Customer Success Engineer

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Really smart people throughout the organization
    * Plenty of opportunities to pursue
    * Inter-department collaboration is encouraged
    * Hard working employees are valued and appreciated

Cons

It is a startup, so you're not going to be paid big money to work here. It's all about the end game which I'm okay with

Advice to Management

Please try to retain the healthy culture for as long as you can. Do everything you can to retain smart people. Hopefully, we will not hire a lot of middle management unless we really need it

2. "Good product and good people"

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch, free snacks, "unlimited" pto

Cons

Poor executive/management transparency, no manager training, seemingly random updates and sparse information relayed at all hands meetings

3. "Intelligent Staff and Product - Channel Challenges"

I worked at ThousandEyes full-time

Pros

Intelligent Team, Excellent Product, Amazing Opportunities Abound

Cons

Not a true Channel Company - uses the Channel to Pass-through sales that do not go direct

Advice to Management

This is an engineering culture, not a 'work family' culture.

4. "Hard and Fast Place to Work"

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time

Pros

Work with great people is a plus

Cons

Difficult to learn the industry

"The best team I've ever been a part of!"

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ThousandEyes has been the best carrier move I have made. The technology is exciting, and fills a huge gap in the market. The day-to-day work is enjoyable and fulfilling. The entire team is amazing, and my immediate team is a collection of intelligent and fun individuals that make going to work everyday a pleasant and fun experience. I really cannot say enough about how positive my experience has been. Normally when I join a company, one year in I get bored and start looking for my next op, that has not been the case here, and that has never happened before. The benefits are great, salary is competitive, and rewards/company events keep things interesting.

Cons

There really are not any cons I can think of. ThousandEyes as a whole has met my needs as an employee. From a business perspective, the management team has a clear vision as to where they want to go and they are making progress in that direction.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. We are all working to accomplish the same goal, and fully support the vision.

6. "Great culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is truly a special company. The people are incredibly talented and awesome to work with. Friendly, hardworking, intelligent, motivated, humble and collaborative. The product is outstanding. If you work for ThousandEyes you have an amazing opportunity to contribute to something big.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

7. "Great Company to work!"

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time

Pros

A lot of intelligent people and great perks

Cons

they need to improve some internal processes

"ThousandEyes - Thank You"

Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at ThousandEyes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing People - best sales team I’ve ever been apart of!
    Great culture
    Great food

Overall, great place to work.

Cons

Long sales cycles, and expectations of fast results.

You’ve hired an amazing sales team - listen to them and support them 100%!

Advice to Management

As I was leaving they had just brought in a new VP of Sales which was desperately needed.

Company has a lot going for it and I think they will continue to succeed.

Long sales cycles and selling to enterprise accounts takes a long time. Put a plan in place and stick with it long term and trust your people. Would love to have seen the company have less silos internally and more communication between marketing/sales/engineering.

Loved working here and wish things would have worked out differently. Best of luck to the team moving forward!

"Pushing the edge of innovation"

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time

Pros

I've been with ThousandEyes for several years now. The company is disrupting an industry that has been plagued w/ legacy, expensive and hard to use solutions for network monitoring built over the last 30 years. It beings a breeze of fresh air to an industry in need of something new to address modern Internet-centric environments.

The company is full of smart and fun people that are really easy to work with, and really cares about the career growth of its employees.

Cons

More vegetarian options for lunch.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep it engaging and exciting and push the goals further, focus on building an human organization that is sustainable and scales to form an enduring and impactful business.

10. "6 Months in"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an extremely open and collaborative organization where engineers are encouraged to take control of, and responsibility for their day-to-day tasks while still delivering a high-quality and valuable service to Customers. When problems are identified, the focus is on who is responsible to address them, rather than who is at fault.

The office is open, welcoming and always well-stocked with provisions. Lunch is provided daily and there are plenty facilities for team-building, including pool, ping-pong and video-games.

The platform itself is incredibly stable, and a consistent 2-week release-cycle means that bugs are fixed and features are added on a regular basis, which makes customers extremely happy. Customer satisfaction and engagement rates are off the charts, and the live-chat support model is setting the standard for response & resolution times.

Best of all, this is a small company that is growing, so you are always going to be exposed to other areas of the business and have the opportunity to get involved in projects that span multiple departments. The opportunity to learn new skills and develop as an individual here is immense.

Cons

There are never enough conference rooms, but that seems to be a problem everywhere.

Advice to Management

Good communication is key to success in a growing company, ensuring that everyone who joins the company knows the core mission, and adheres to the same standards as everybody else is vital to continued success.