ThousandEyes Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
ThousandEyes CEO Mohit Lad
Mohit Lad

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"The best team I've ever been a part of!"

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ThousandEyes has been the best carrier move I have made. The technology is exciting, and fills a huge gap in the market. The day-to-day work is enjoyable and fulfilling. The entire team is amazing, and my immediate team is a collection of intelligent and fun individuals that make going to work everyday a pleasant and fun experience. I really cannot say enough about how positive my experience has been. Normally when I join a company, one year in I get bored and start looking for my next op, that has not been the case here, and that has never happened before. The benefits are great, salary is competitive, and rewards/company events keep things interesting.

Cons

There really are not any cons I can think of. ThousandEyes as a whole has met my needs as an employee. From a business perspective, the management team has a clear vision as to where they want to go and they are making progress in that direction.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. We are all working to accomplish the same goal, and fully support the vision.

2. "Hard and Fast Place to Work"

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time

Pros

Work with great people is a plus

Cons

Difficult to learn the industry

3. "Great culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is truly a special company. The people are incredibly talented and awesome to work with. Friendly, hardworking, intelligent, motivated, humble and collaborative. The product is outstanding. If you work for ThousandEyes you have an amazing opportunity to contribute to something big.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

4. "Great Company to work!"

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time

Pros

A lot of intelligent people and great perks

Cons

they need to improve some internal processes

"ThousandEyes - Thank You"

Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at ThousandEyes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing People - best sales team I’ve ever been apart of!
    Great culture
    Great food

Overall, great place to work.

Cons

Long sales cycles, and expectations of fast results.

You’ve hired an amazing sales team - listen to them and support them 100%!

Advice to Management

As I was leaving they had just brought in a new VP of Sales which was desperately needed.

Company has a lot going for it and I think they will continue to succeed.

Long sales cycles and selling to enterprise accounts takes a long time. Put a plan in place and stick with it long term and trust your people. Would love to have seen the company have less silos internally and more communication between marketing/sales/engineering.

Loved working here and wish things would have worked out differently. Best of luck to the team moving forward!

"Pushing the edge of innovation"

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time

Pros

I've been with ThousandEyes for several years now. The company is disrupting an industry that has been plagued w/ legacy, expensive and hard to use solutions for network monitoring built over the last 30 years. It beings a breeze of fresh air to an industry in need of something new to address modern Internet-centric environments.

The company is full of smart and fun people that are really easy to work with, and really cares about the career growth of its employees.

Cons

More vegetarian options for lunch.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep it engaging and exciting and push the goals further, focus on building an human organization that is sustainable and scales to form an enduring and impactful business.

7. "6 Months in"

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an extremely open and collaborative organization where engineers are encouraged to take control of, and responsibility for their day-to-day tasks while still delivering a high-quality and valuable service to Customers. When problems are identified, the focus is on who is responsible to address them, rather than who is at fault.

The office is open, welcoming and always well-stocked with provisions. Lunch is provided daily and there are plenty facilities for team-building, including pool, ping-pong and video-games.

The platform itself is incredibly stable, and a consistent 2-week release-cycle means that bugs are fixed and features are added on a regular basis, which makes customers extremely happy. Customer satisfaction and engagement rates are off the charts, and the live-chat support model is setting the standard for response & resolution times.

Best of all, this is a small company that is growing, so you are always going to be exposed to other areas of the business and have the opportunity to get involved in projects that span multiple departments. The opportunity to learn new skills and develop as an individual here is immense.

Cons

There are never enough conference rooms, but that seems to be a problem everywhere.

Advice to Management

Good communication is key to success in a growing company, ensuring that everyone who joins the company knows the core mission, and adheres to the same standards as everybody else is vital to continued success.

8. "Great for career growth"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Strong engineering culture that cares about doing things correctly and with quality instead of rushing out half-baked features
    - Merit based, people who contribute significantly are fast tracked in the promotion/raise cycle.
    - Employees are given a lot of ownership over the code, allowing them to make design/architectural decisions
    - No micromanagement, a largely autonomous culture where you really can spend the majority of your time writing code
    - Everyone has the opportunity to voice their opinion and get involved in the product management process or help shape the technical direction of the product
    - Great product that solves real problems
    - The company has a solid business case and track record of growth
    - Good work/life balance... people probably average 9 hours/day (except on release days)
    - No arrogance policy, the company makes an effort to hire people who are pleasant to work with.
    - Typical startup perks. Catered lunches every day, stocked kitchen, all types of coffee machines, medical/dental/vision premiums covered, unlimited leave policy

Cons

- Sometimes the lunches aren't very good
    - You have to stay later on release days (every 2 weeks) so you can be available to fix any issues with your code. Usually about
    - There's an expectation that people are responsible for their own work, so you need to manage your time to ensure you can finish your tasks on time and don't over allocate yourself.
    - Not a lot of handholding which can be a problem for somebody that's not as independent

9. "ThousandEyes is the Place to be."

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive, collaborative and intelligent environment. Free breakfasts and lunches (and the food is good). Solid work life balance. Competitive compensation. Backed by top tier investors. Internationally diverse workforce. Solid product. Definitely the smartest people I have worked with in my career.

Cons

Team culture could improve with potential office-wide volunteer events or other team-building events around San Francisco.

Advice to Management

The company is headed in the right direction. Keep it up. We are on the precipice of something really special.

"Great place to grow a career"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of career opportunity
    High level of investment in skill development

Cons

It is a startup so the sales playbook isn't fully developed yet - need to be very entrepreneurial.