KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 252 of over 269 reviews

3.9
Thrasio CEO and Co-Founder Carlos Cashman
Carlos Cashman

What people are saying about Thrasio

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Thrasio and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

Aug 3, 2022 - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really fun place to work

Cons

no cons working here at all

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good company

Jul 31, 2022 - ECommerce Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company that values employees

Cons

Sometimes does layoffs which sucks

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 2.0

The Glory Days are Over

Aug 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are by far the best part of Thrasio. So many incredibly smart folks joined the company truly believing that we were all creating something special. Many of us left behind stable jobs with great benefits because of the promise of what could be.

Cons

The people are by far the best part of Thrasio...until a certain point. There are so many early employees and people on the ELT that are actively contributing to Thrasio's downfall. Yet these are the people that keep coming out on top. Whether it's promotions or raises, there are unequal expectations for people across the board depending on how long you've been there or who your closest friends are. Having friends at the top pays well...literally. There is the expectation that middle management should be responsible for delivering these convoluted messages from leaders when we were kept at an arm's length and ultimately don't have any decision-making power. As a result, we became the "fall" people for bad leadership decisions and delivering these messages to our employees time and time again is demoralizing. We are the frontlines for Thrasio's leadership, and our feedback continues to fall on deaf ears. It makes everyone feel like making the top 20 employees money is the most important thing to leadership and the rest of us are SOL. "Sorry we're not sorry" seems to be the general feeling past the director level at Thrasio.

12 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Felt too good to be true…it was.

Aug 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Boots on the ground employees were some of the best co-workers that I have come across - There was an extremely positive culture during my time there - You’re given plenty on autonomy to get your job done - Unlimited PTO was encouraged to be used and they followed through when you booked it. - A great chance to work in the Amazon space and get experienced in a fast moving area of eCommerce - Really flexible working hours - The new offices are extremely nice and have everything you could want. Sadly I think these are a pre covid decision that are now a bit of an anchor on the company asno one uses them - My manager was always extremely supportive and collaborative - Team events were always fun and we got to go to some nice dinners & events but they weren’t frequent

Cons

- Performance Reviews seemed to be completed to say they were completed. Promises of promotions & raises were broken despite goals being exceed. You would be doing the same job as someone more senior for less money and a less senior title - 401k isn’t matched but it’s better than before when there wasn’t one - Salaries are way below market average, which after the layoffs and the current struggles I get but before then…I have no idea why - Lay offs were handled poorly and confusing. Staff were left to worry about if it was them for hours before getting an email as the day ended. Experienced/high performing employees were let go and others who had poor results stayed. Seemed off. - There is a total lack of infrastructure when it comes to tools to do your job. Everything is manual and there is insufficient internal help to build tools and no money to buy them when needed. - A lot of the products are just awful and it’s a constant fight to break even. Even the great products come in and receive very little brand work to scale them. There seems to be no clear strategy of buying brands. - Upper management are a mix of people who’ve been there since the early days and seem to keep hopping up the ladder, despite it being obvious to others there are better options and ‘drank the cool-aid right place right time’ people. A lot of more talented and qualified people are trapped lower down or leaving - It felt like everyone but senior management saw the post covid iceberg coming and that it was temporary but then again, the C-Level who left, did so with overflowing bank accounts.

8 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great People, Terrible Management and Benefits

Aug 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture and great people - Interesting space and pioneer of the space really - Unlimited PTO

Cons

- For junior to middle level people, there is absolutely no foresight around raises or promotions. I have been here a year and 5 months and have not gotten one cent more or even a conversation around promotion. I changed teams and my title has not even changed.... - Management is poor...period. Nothing else to say. The people at the top have made some bad decisions and continue to do so. They dont seem to be learning or listening to their employees - Pay is way below market

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The rocket ship is grounded

Jul 17, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The mid-level managers and everyday employees at Thrasio are some of the most thoughtful, kind-hearted, and intelligent people you can work with. - Flexible time off is not just offered, it's encouraged. If you're someone who can "clock out" and leave your laptop, then Thrasio can be a great place for work-life balance. Your friends at other jobs will envy you for Summer Fridays. - The business model seems to work. It is easy to see a pathway to success for Thrasio in this space of Amazon Aggregators. Delayed raises and promotions might be worth it in the end if Thrasio is able to scale. - There's a decent amount of autonomy to work on projects that feel impactful. - Despite the typical growing pains of a high-growth startup, there IS a concerted effort to shore up data transparency and duplicate work issues. That has improved markedly over the past couple of months.

Cons

- Some teams have toxic work environments, including general favoritism/bureaucratic politics and fear of being called out for performance. - Employees were incentivized to join Thrasio with "rocket ship" growth potential to compensate for lower-than-market salaries. People with the same job titles right now make different salaries. Promotions and raises were promised several times early on this year, but it's been mostly radio silence since then. Now, the updates employees get are simply "we're still working on market rate corrections" while great workers are choosing to take their talents elsewhere. - Senior leadership takes credit but fails to take accountability. The company just pushed out a press release noting how Prime Day was a huge success. Each week employees hear about how the business is growing. But the company also just laid off 400 people and is watching while more and more good people leave the company. It is more than understandable that a first-mover startup will go through growing pains. Everyone gets that. How senior leadership addresses these growing pains shapes the employee outlook of the company, and to this point it has been a failure.

11 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0

It was great at first

Jul 21, 2022 - Affiliate Marketing Associate in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. LOVED unlimited PTO. Know that I have that in my back pocket when I need it was truly amazing. It’s also encouraged that you take PTO! 2. The amount of resources that you have to learn and gain new skills are plentiful. They have Udemy available so that you can always learn something new. 3. Honestly, the benefits are pretty great. I didn’t even get to use all of it.

Cons

Okay so if you saw my pros, then you would see it’s basically the benefits that sell Thrasio. But here is the gloomy side of things, pay is almost not even competitive. Trust me you can earn more somewhere else for probably even better benefits. -They don’t match your 401k. -They promised bonuses and compensation adjustments in June but completely went radio silent on that. -There’s only leadership training for management but not for people (like myself) that wanted to aspire to climb the ranks. In a sense it seems like Thrasio really only wants you to stay doing tasks and not really investing in their employees -During layoffs, management said that there will be no more but, seems like they are continuing the layoffs under the table. The issue here is that I feel like they’re never completely honest with their employees. Not everything needs to be sunshine and rainbows -Management seem to never accept the blame for their teams mistakes or short comings but they are very quick to reap the reward from the team. Of course this is in a general sense. Some will shoutout their team for the wins and take the hit for the losses -If I were you, delete slack when your off or on weekends. Believe it or not some people will reach out during off hours. This happened to me multiples times which lead me to be stressed as all hell during vacations -There used to be a culture. But the culture builders all left. So things have been getting pretty gloomy when it comes to culture. They try fixing it with “happy hours” but it doesn’t work.

9 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company, Bad Luck

Jul 25, 2022 - Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy Remote Competitive Salary Training

Cons

Massive Lay Offs Disorganized at times Could invest more in education

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Cares about employees

Jul 14, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thrasio is a great place to work because of the people. It's a work environment that truly does feel like it's progressed with the times. There's a lot of flexibility with working remotely, access to office space and time off. The team does a great job of listening to the feedback of employees and making improvements, especially when it comes to things like benefits.

Cons

Growing pains of a maturing company.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great work environment

Jul 12, 2022 - Video Producer/Editor
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fun and motivational culture - Flexible work hours and WFH opportunities - Values my creativity and input - Respectful of my time and personal life/work life balance

Cons

They can't legally pay interns for overtime, however when I worked overtime as an intern I was always rewarded with a gift card or PTO.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 252 Reviews
</>Embed

Thrasio Reviews FAQs

Thrasio has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 269 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Thrasio to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -18% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Thrasio employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Thrasio. This rating has decreased by -17% over the last 12 months.

71% of Thrasio employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Thrasio 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Thrasio to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Thrasio Job Seekers