Three Day Rule Reviews | Glassdoor

Talia Goldstein

"This is a Dream Job!"

Current Employee - Matchmaker in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Three Day Rule full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've always wanted to work at Three Day Rule. As a matchmaker, I've seen the dating industry space and while the apps are evolving and changing, many matchmaking companies are struggling to keep up. That's what really drew me to Three Day Rule. They're definitely a different tier of professionalism from what I've been working with in the past. As a matchmaker, I really feel like I have a team of supportive women and... a brilliant CEO behind me that is really paving a path for me for growth and success. Everyone is very responsive, the benefits are great, the bonus structure is generous (but of course you must bring your A game).

Cons

I would say the only "downside" is this job can be a bit isolated since you are working independently and from home. However, Talia does a great job to keep us all connected through meetings, calls, retreats. So whenever you feel like you're struggling, you never have to hesitate to call someone from your team.

Advice to Management

I think my one advice would be when I started out, it would have been nice to do more than 2 days of in person training just to really feel comfortable jumping in, especially since I was working from home. We did do training through video calls, but sometimes having a little bit of that in person training is helpful when you're starting out. :)

Three Day Rule2019-02-19

"Lack of trust"

I worked at Three Day Rule full-time

Pros

Flexibility of schedule, co-workers, client relationships

Cons

Lack of support and transparency from management team. Under-resourced, low pay, talk about changes and no implementation

Advice to Management

Provide more support, be more transparent and authentic with team, increase training and ongoing training opportunities, increase pay

Three Day Rule2019-01-09

February 11, 2019Business Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We take all thoughts from our team (past and present) to heart and will certainly look into ways we can grow in any of these areas. Our culture values both transparency and team support highly. The day this post came in was actually the day we made a big announcement to the team. During this time we were in the middle of a round of fundraising, and while we shared as much as we could legally share with the team, we unfortunately weren't able to share certain details until it was complete. We are excited to have now looped in the entire team, and to be moving forward together with a new structure and continued opportunities to grow for all of our team members.

3. "Matchmaker"

Former Employee - Matchmaker in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Three Day Rule full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture - the CEO, Talia is beloved by all and so hands on. The job is a hustle but you get what you give

Cons

I wish there was someone to help with entry level tasks like outsourcing matches, or putting together decks to present would have saved a lot of time, but overall nothing major!

Advice to Management

Unfortunately I had to leave for personal reasons, but still had such a wonderful experience working here. I think it would be great to have Senior Management in every major office. Keep up the great work, TDR!

Three Day Rule2018-11-30
  4. "Fun, rewarding, flexible and challenging"

Current Employee - Matchmaker in New York, NY

I have been working at Three Day Rule full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Start-up environment means your ideas get heard, you have the opportunity to voice ideas directly to CEO and management. -Fast paced environment means you're literally never bored -If you like the idea of working face to face with clients, this job and the relationships you'll form with your clients are really rewarding -Flexible schedule, incredibly autonomous. Great for self starters, less great for employees... who need a ton of structure or authority -Family like environment -Super interesting work and the opportunity and support to really grow into this role as an expert in a growing industry -A lot of continued training

Cons

-Difficult to manage time if you don't stay super organized and accountable -No physical office in most cities, but I see that as a pro as long as you're comfortable working from home. -Important to set boundaries with clients

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive and asking for your employees input.

Three Day Rule2018-10-29
  5. "Great place for self starters"

I have been working at Three Day Rule full-time

Pros

The team is very supportive, positive and fun. Lots of independence but still a close-knit team. Working for a start up means that you can voice your opinions and see things change. Changing people's lives when you coach them through big changes or help them find the love of their life!

Cons

Because this is a start up, things change often. Clients really rely on their matchmaker for support, which can sometimes feel like a lot of pressure. Matchmakers need to keep a positive attitude and compartmentalize at times

Three Day Rule2018-10-29
  6. "Amazing Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Matchmaker

I have been working at Three Day Rule full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mostly remote work, really flexible, great team to work with!

Cons

Salary isn't as competitive as it should be for the big cities they're located in

Three Day Rule2018-10-15
  7. "Be prepared to hustle"

Former Employee - Matchmaker in Chicago, IL

I worked at Three Day Rule full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun position, but definitely not all fluff. No two days are the same. Company culture is upbeat and Matchmakers support one another. Opportunities to branch out and really be the face of the company.

Cons

You really have to be a self starter and it's easy to feel like you're on an island/it's all about the numbers.

Three Day Rule2018-09-05
  8. "The Best Job You Will EVER Have"

Current Employee - Membership Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Three Day Rule full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing culture, fulfilling, supportive team, robust training program, incredible leadership, room for growth, great benefits, flexible, company invests in it's employees and amazing opportunity to learn about tech/start-up

Cons

I honestly can't think of one.

Advice to Management

Continue to be as incredible as you already are.

Three Day Rule2018-05-16
  9. "Amazing company with a great mission!"

Current Employee - Matchmaker in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Three Day Rule full-time for more than a year

Pros

What an incredible company! The opportunities are endless, the management team and Talia (the CEO) are there every second to help and encourage you, and it's staffed with the most amazing people you will ever meet! And not to mention, finding love for people is so rewarding!

Cons

clients can sometimes push boundaries when they are upset but it's all something you learn to manage. it's a lifestyle but a wonderful lifestyle job where you get connected with the most amazing people!

Three Day Rule2018-03-26

April 2, 2018Business Manager

We are so happy to have such an incredible team and TDR family! #matchmakerlife #dreamteam

"Matchmaker"

I worked at Three Day Rule

Pros

- Flexible - Nice team - Cool job title - Meet lots of interesting people - Captain of your own ship

Cons

- Felt as though the company only cared about closing clients, aka sales, although they do a great job of making it look like a fun startup - Training really only consisted of the sales process - Not a lot of support from upper management

Three Day Rule2017-12-28

January 2, 2018Business Manager

Thank you for your feedback - we are disheartened to hear that you came away feeling that way. The most important things to us is the work we do for our clients - it is a huge part of our company culture and a very important element we look for in all of our hires. We want all of our Matchmakers to feel supported by the entire team and we are dedicated to providing all the resources we can to help our Matchmakers succeed in this role. We are continuously updating and refining our training to make sure it covers the many elements of such a unique and multi-faceted role. Not all of our positions are sales-oriented, however we do want to make sure to continue to provide that training when they are. We will definitely take your feedback into account as we move forward with training and supporting our Matchmakers in the new year!

Found 20 reviews