Three Reviews | Glassdoor

Three CEO David Dyson
David Dyson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The only way we can deal with customer complaints is putting them on the phone to customer service which usually angers the customer more (in 12 reviews)

• Lack of transparency from senior management on the companies direction and a lack of trust (in 12 reviews)

1. "Going downhill fast"

I have been working at Three full-time

Pros

I have a job. Average benefits.

Cons

Political, no flexibility, Clueless middle management (level B & C) who do not uphold people values. Directors not holding them to account. Zero training. No promotions, moves are blocked. negligible pay rises.

Advice to Management

Wake up and recognize this is fast becoming a buddied culture. Attrition will only get worse.

Three Response

Jul 18, 2017 – HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Good or bad we want to hear what our employees have to say. This is reflected in our People Promise, “I Have a Voice”. One of the ways you can stay... More

"Where do i start"

Current Employee - Retail in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Retail in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time

Pros

Directors and above have great ambitions and want to move in right direction. Overall if the right individuals where chosen to lead people in retail the potential is massive.

Cons

Below Director management levels are shockingly not truly aligned with directors and company goals. They promote the most hideous of people that don't know how to run a bath let alone a business and as a result treat people in a shocking way and break every rule in the book but get away with everything. They behave in a mafia type way but are very discreet about their approach. They smile and act positive on every visit and conference call so they seem nice but simply a facade. If they don't like you they'll soon find a way to get you to resign in a way their hands are clean. Genuinely don't know how they sleep at night. These guys think they are far better then they are. They actually have no awareness of how much they are lacking but their smiles get them by and promoted even. So many managers and assistant managers are looking for jobs now as they are so unhappy and these so called leaders are totally unaware of the issues they have caused as a result of their actions. Sadly its not what it used to be.

Advice to Management

Just surprised senior management team doesn't scrutinise the levels of leavers as if they did they would soon realise who the real issue is and their little gang of yes men. Last but not least the most common theme from most reviews are systems and operations processes. They are so antiquated that there is so much room for error that will get you sacked which all adds unwanted and unessecery stress. They've been talking about making things better since before i joined and probably beyond and things are still the same.

Three Response

Jun 29, 2017 – HR Manager

At Three our standard is that everyone is treated equally, fairly and consistently without exception. Where this not the case, we will take measures to address. Employees are encouraged to informally... More

"Customer Adviser"

Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Pros

Friends and family discount
    Meet new people
    Good hourly wage

Cons

Rude and patronising management. They breathe down your neck if you don't hit targets and tell you that you're not suitable for the job. They aren't the friendliest of people no matter how nice they perceive to be

Advice to Management

Don't make your staff cry in the office when you're pulling them up. Don't show unfairness towards your team by favouritising colleagues. The management in Argyle Street, Glasgow is terrible. Pressuring you for sales, looking down on you and making you feel like total crap at the end of the day. Very patronising. Also sending me to training 3 weeks into my job knowing fine well I needed training, they were absolutely useless and have done nothing to help the team. The worst job I've ever had and the worst people I've ever met.

"Not so great"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Three full-time

Pros

Buying holidays, paying for the gym and getting phones without VAT cost out of your wages

Cons

Upper management clueless, lot of pressure to hit unrealistic targets

Advice to Management

Upper management need to communicate to each other and they need to agree to a plan and stick with it instead of changing mind every minute

"I was dismissed due to lack of training & discriminated against for my disability."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Burton upon Trent, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Burton upon Trent, England (UK)

Pros

Good if you have a decent manager

Cons

I started working at Three and was given very inadequate training. I spent the first 2 weeks shadowing because the computer system was down. I was heavily criticised for practically everything I did by a boss who only cared about sales. When the training system was up I was told I had to finish everything that day which gave me one afternoon which I was often dragged away to serve customers.

Due to this terrible training from the manager of the Burton on Trent store I made a number of errors such as not understanding that blackberry phones required a £5 surcharge, taking the wrong id, not asking at the start if a credit card was registered to the home address.

I was excellent in terms of sales and customer service but was unsupported by the store manager so these errors piled up and I was fired just before Christmas without the bonus that the store wouldn't have got if uni hadn't sold 3 broadband packages on the last day.

To add insult to injury after 5 months seeking work thanks to then dismissing me I have now recieved an aggressive letter demanding I repay a large chunk of my final salary.

Advice to Management

Investigate the management of the Burton on Trent store and

"Slowly reducing employee pay"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I have been working at Three (More than a year)

Pros

- Nice people to work with
    - Get to help people pick the right phone and or tablets for them.

Cons

- Lots of pressure to sell with some people pushed into misselling. Excessively high target causing people to lose their jobs.
    - Top management keep cutting wages
    - Operating systems make job extremely difficult
    - In big conferences, there is a big focus of customer service however the targets are so high that at the store level so selling is often the main prority.
    - Customers get irritated with customer support and shout at you.

Advice to Management

You will not get the most loved brand by 2021 if you keep pushing so much on sales and you do not invest in the way that customers interface with the company. The app needs to be more reliable. The sales associates need more powers to help the customer in the store. Different pricing over thew phone and in store confuses the customer.

You can tell us all how grateful you are for your employees but if you keep cutting our bonus and make them hard to get it doesn't feel like it.

Stop promising us new systems and then not delivering. It's obvious that you just don't care about making our job easier you just increase our target and expect us to do better.

"Customer Assistance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Three full-time

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Target driven; weak training and development; inadequate support from Management; a "Who you know not what you know" culture; inefficient Payroll Dept.

Advice to Management

Realise that not every customer will be delighted. Stop making Customer Service Agents the target when fault lies with a poor technical infrastructure and substandard First Line Support

8. "Limerick Customer Care Centre"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Limerick, Co. Limerick (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Limerick, Co. Limerick (Ireland)

I worked at Three full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people on your team are great.

Cons

Micro management is an issue.
    Underpaid for the work you do.
    The environment and atmosphere is becoming toxic.

Advice to Management

Have a more positive outlook.
    Feedback about performance could be given directly instead of in front of your team.

"Okay as a part-time job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Three full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work Mate
    The store bonuses sometimes

Cons

Long hours
    management are rude
    favoritism

Advice to Management

treat your workers fairly and nice

"Worst network company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Pros

Decent pay
    Flexible hours
    Decent closing hours

Cons

Biggest con is the mis-selling, in that they will sell customers products claiming that they are "free". By the time the customer realises, they are stuck in a contract and cannot cancel. I, as a previous employee, have witnessed this myself. I was actually told by the store manager to mis-sell.
    Secondly, they discriminate against customers from different backgrounds, for example, all European customers will automatically be labelled as "poor" or "thieves". Management is only bothered about hitting targets. There is no consideration for employees or customers. Selfish and heartless, with no morality. There is no equality amongst staff for example, employees are victimised if they are behind on targets. Managers are very biased and show favouritism. The manager in this specific branch I'm referring to is selfish, ignorant, sexist, has no people skills and does not deserve the position he has. I've had the worst time in this job. I received little support and comfort. If you can help it, avoid working for this company!!!!! They are highly unethical.

Advice to Management

Go back to school and learn some people skills. Before you employ a manager, make sure he or she qualifies for the role. The majority of the managers I have come across at 3 were absolute monsters. They have no appreciation of customers or staff and are just in it for the money. They do not manage their staff well or have any empathy. They don't even let you attend a family funeral without getting a disciplinary.