Three Reviews | Glassdoor

Three CEO David Dyson
David Dyson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Lack of transparency from senior management on the companies direction and a lack of trust (in 13 reviews)

• The only way we can deal with customer complaints is putting them on the phone to customer service which usually angers the customer more (in 12 reviews)

1. "Assistant store manager"

I worked at Three full-time

Pros

Benefits monthly commission
    Management helpful
    Products are good and easy to sell

Cons

Targets are pressurised
    Pay isn't enough

2. "Great place, great people but outsourcing complicates."

Former Employee - Technical Design Authority in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Technical Design Authority in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Three full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent company to work for, easy access to senior management team and constantly evolving technology.

Cons

Too much emphasis on out sourcing. It fails once, it fails twice, it fails every time - yet they never seem to learn.

Advice to Management

The parts of the organisation that use internal resource are extremely agile and quick to respond to faults and projects. Areas that feature outsourced partners overly complicate, extend project timescales and generally make clunky, overweight processes that hinder progress. We try external partners and heavy weight processes to formalise the way we work with them - but it fails each time. Home grown talent is hugely underestimated.

Jun 29, 2017 – HR Manager

Thanks for the review, we agree Three are an excellent Company to work for (not that we’re biased of course). We have set ourselves the challenging goal of being the best loved brand by our Customers... More

3. "Decent company"

I worked at Three part-time

Pros

Good team, supportive management. Can't complain about conditions and rotas were flexible.

Cons

Sometimes it can be overbearing when shop is really busy, and conversely when completely empty. Sometimes nothing left to do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, the cons are not something one can really get rid of other than monitoring more when shops will be busy

4. "Best Part Time Job Ever had"

Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Middlesbrough, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Middlesbrough, England (UK)

Pros

You basically get paid to talk to people! Good pay, not bad bonus but not the best. Fantastic job if you love tech and talking to people.

Cons

Even though I'm part time (12 hours/week) I have to come in for 4 hour shifts over 3 days. Much prefer if it was 2 full time shifts. Sometime your bonus is missed because your colleague didn't get their target.

Advice to Management

Managers need to listen to the adviser's concerns more.

5. "Loved it but have heard it's changed"

I worked at Three full-time

Pros

Very open management team and accessible too.
    Can-do place to work, things get done and initiatives get launched regularly.

Cons

Sometimes they are too keen to change and try new things so everything gets thrown out and started from scratch. Can be frustrating to go through a restructure every year!

Advice to Management

Do more focus groups with employees.

Jun 29, 2017 – HR Manager

We’ve heard and took on board we’re an ambitious bunch but that sometimes means that we can try to do too much! That’s why our Company plan for the next 5 years is distilled to allow us to focus on... More

6. "Overall Review"

Current Employee - Director in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Director in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Three full-time (More than a year)

Pros

a place where you can learn tremendously, from well experienced people

Cons

partners are in different locations

7. "One of the Better Places to Work"

Current Employee - Props Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Props Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good culture, CEO knows your name and talks to you, flexible working, Wellness Wednesday gives 2 hours to do what you want, pay and bonus competitive, relaxed attitude to what you wear, some good people there. Marketing led challenger brand means it is interesting to work for.

Cons

Maidenhead bit dull, but being redeveloped, IT is only now being invested in, it is difficult to progress internally even for some very good people that have been there for years. Director level has some people that aren't good with people.

Advice to Management

Employee NPS is a great idea, but what will you do if this is low in some teams - will you link the team leader's bonus to it?

Jun 29, 2017 – HR Manager

Really glad to hear that you’re enjoying our Wellness proposition! It’s something we take pride in. Keep an eye on the Wellness Hub on the Intranet for regular updates. We’re working on our... More

8. "Company hungry to do things differently"

I have been working at Three full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are great and management are always visible and approachable. We get regular updates too. Company are eager to do things differently. Really good at people development and focusing on staff. Particularly impressed with attitude to improving wellbeing. I do really like the culture and the values the company stands for.

Cons

Lack of salary reviews, sometimes we can set out to do too much, lack of progression opportunities for people who do not want to people manage.

9. "Three can be great, but IT and Ops need to catch up."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The majority of my 10 years at Three has been positive. Three has given me the chance to grow and encouraged my personal development. I have confidence in the Senior Management Team who communicate openly with us all. There are some great teams and departments to work in where you have a clear purpose, and if you work hard can make real change. People are good to each other at Three.

Cons

It's not always consistent. The core IT systems and Operations for instance are old fashioned in their thinking and ways of working. They want to change but seem unable.

Advice to Management

The investment in people, which is so fantastic in some areas of Three, is poor in COO. There is work that can be done today to prepare people for the future; changing the culture of COO from an old fashioned IT and Ops dept to a architecturally led, devops, people focussed future will take time and investment. The rest of Three will remain frustrated if we don't improve our technology teams. Invest in training, diversity and inclusion and we could get there.

Jun 9, 2017 – HR Manager

Having a Chance to Grow and Having a Voice are two of our key people promises. We can see these reflected in the things that you love about working for Three, which is great! We’re committed to... More

10. "Great People"

I worked at Three full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a great commission structure in place and have fantastic training days to help you progress in sales.

Cons

The only way up in a company in retail is into management, this isn't a great aspiration for me which is why I left and moved into a new field

Advice to Management

No advice it's a very good company and if you want to spend your time in retail doing unsociable hours with the chance of working your way up, go for it.