Three Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Three CEO David Dyson
David Dyson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Also senior management are completely oblivious to how poorly they run the show - in fact they rule by fear (in 14 reviews)

• The only way we can deal with customer complaints is putting them on the phone to customer service which usually angers the customer more (in 12 reviews)

1. "A review of Three in Maidenhead - 2017"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people, perks and being located in Maidenhead. Offices have recently been refurbished and the onsite cafe serves decent food. Being located in Maidenhead also means that you can nip out during lunchtimes to pickup anything you might need.

Cons

Three are currently going through an organisational change. This is due to the desire to be the best loved brand by our customers and staff by 2021, and being setup to launch sub-brands and diversify into other areas. This change naturally brings uncertainty however as the company puts people first they're being as transparent about it as possible, provide regular updates and put in support for staff to take advantage of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, keep people (customers and staff) at the forefront of everything you do

2. "Excellent part-time job for students"

Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Three part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really good pay: on top of your base pay, every month you get a large bonus, and every three months you get another bonus on top of that. The company is also focused on becoming the most loved brand, both by its employees and customers, so they treat their staff to holiday dinners, staff outings, healthy snacks in the office, any support required, etc.

Cons

Pressure to sell and to perform in order to hit store targets.

Advice to Management

Provide all the support your staff needs. Be encouraging and motivating and lead by example.

3. "Great place to work, although may have been changing bonus structure"

Current Employee - Sales Adivser in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Adivser in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Three part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Free unlimited sim
    - Discount handsets every three months
    - Great energy and vybe from the company

Cons

- not many to be honest, probably just make the bonus easier to achieve and more incentives

Advice to Management

- doing a great job

4. "Best Loved Brand."

Current Employee - Trading Performance Consultant in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Trading Performance Consultant in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ambitions to be UK's best loved brand and they mean it. Employee engagement scores are hugely important and are always looking to make employees more and more happy in their job. Customer promoter scores are also just as important, Three are truly passionate about what matters most and culture is embedded right the way through the business.

Cons

Genuinely, there aren't many if any at all.

5. "Customer Advisor"

Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Widnes, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Widnes, England (UK)

I have been working at Three part-time (More than a year)

Pros

For a part time role the job is paid well and a lot of support is available.
    Good to gain experience in sales and target driven environment, but doesn't have the pressure levels other sales jobs do.

Cons

Not much room for progression.

6. "Well rounded experience - good learning curve"

Former Employee - Analyst in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Three full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learnt a lot, benefits are considerably good, atmosphere and people are extremely friendly. Bonus is great and pay rise too - surprised!

Cons

Management is poor or lacking. Was doing a manager job at one point, while the manager was using company time for personal errands, etc. Pay rise could be better although cannot complain a lot

Advice to Management

Sort out management - not everyone deserves to be management material (grade D's specifically!)

Nov 10, 2017 – HR Advisor

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.

We regularly review our bonus structure and benefit package to remain competitive in the market. I’m glad you feel this worked well. Our... More

7. "Sales Adviser"

Current Employee - Sales Adviser in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Adviser in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Three part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Shared bonus, great working environment, great people and incentives

Cons

literally, a great place to work no cons

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing

Oct 31, 2017 – People Assist Advisor

Thanks for getting in touch.

Thanks for calling out our great people and incentives, we know this makes a big difference to our employees. At Three we focus on how we can make things better for... More

8. "decent"

Current Employee - Customer Advisor in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Advisor in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Three part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay, free sim and decent staff

Cons

too much politics, don't allow CA's to move to head office, only way to progress is to become manager and even that can be difficult

9. "Lip Service Leadership"

Current Employee - Specialist Role in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Specialist Role in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced, can be fun and challenging.

At CEO level the intention is there fulfil its intention to deliver on not just results, but has an understanding of looking after its employees.

Cons

Below CEO, lip service is played to ensure the experience for employees is a good one. It's led by those more focused on their own personal agendas.
    Following recent restructure, which were rushed and lacked meaningful consultation periods people were bull dozed in to roles or out the business, It's dressed up as a new way of working, but they lacked the promise to retain great people and retrain them under the proposed heading : attitude trumps knowledge.
    They have managers and leaders poorly qualified in their fields, expecting them to gain respect.
    I think it's s great great shame. A company I loved and was passionate about is going down hill, just because of how it's now chosen to treat its employees.

Advice to Management

The Senor Management team are stale. You want to fundamentally change a business and how it works then change the thinking and styles of those leading each function. Otherwise it's likely nothing will change. Other than your atttitionnand costs to hire.

10. "1 year with Three Family"

Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Maidstone, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Maidstone, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company have a on goal where they delegating this to the employees.
    They have great products comparing to the other similar companies., this help the employees to get their job done.
    Team work is brilliant as it all adds up towards the store’s performance.
    Monthly development reviews where staff can focus on the areas where needs improvements.
    Introducing new bonus systems with loads of incentives from theough the suppliers.
    Good benefits and pension schemes.
    Always opportunity to grow “ if the person have the willingness to be flexible and dedication towards the job.”

Cons

Tools and sysytems are not uptodate, but they are making improvements.
    Induction period for new starters might need a brush up to help the newbies to sync in quickly.

Advice to Management

If there will be an option where the staff can invest a part of the salary towards the company’s share, this will help them to feel that we are the company and will have more deviation and focus to make the company to earn more profit.

Oct 18, 2017 – People Assist Advisor

Thanks for taking time to leave your review. It’s great you feel like part of the ‘Three Family’ – that really is a perfect way to describe our amazing culture!

You joined Three at the same time... More