KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Three

Is this your company?

Three

Add a Review

Three Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Jan 10, 2021

Found 36 of over 1,241 reviews

3.6
Three CEO Robert Finnegan
Robert Finnegan
Pros
  • "Nice and friendly work environment(in 58 reviews)

• "Great people and challenging projects(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This is really set by the 'tone at the top' - senior management have changed so much over the past year that I honestly can't keep up(in 21 reviews)

• "Area managers and store managers couldn't run a bath let alone a store you are just a number to them couldn't care less about you(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

No job security, culture worsening... but surprisingly the role has done me well for the past few years!

Jan 10, 2021 - Finance Manager in Maidenhead, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Bonuses. The bonuses (around 10% of salary) are consistently paid. It feels the business really do actually want to pay bonuses, even at a time where so many others are taking pay cuts because of the pandemic. That is appreciated. - Great team. I have a really good support system within my team, and I always have someone to rely on or go to if things get overwhelming. - Good short term role. As mentioned below, no role is ever 100% safe because redundancies come thick and fast. That said though, the role been a really good stepping stone for the past couple of years. It's been a nice, supportive, relatively well-paying job that has done me well for a couple of years. I haven't hated it, but equally I haven't loved it. I've kind of done the role now though and it's time to move on! - Work life balance. There isn't a culture of working crazy hours, but no one's going to stop you from working crazy hours. Generally, the expectation is to just work your core hours, at least in my team. I can count on one hand how many times I've worked late, and those times weren't even really that late either. - High street brand. You see Three's name everywhere. - Generous holidays. You get 28 days, plus 3 personal days, and you can also buy extra holiday days.

Cons

- Lack of job security. It seems that as soon as margin is forecast to be worse than expected, staff are on the chopping block. They'll say they've tried all they can to avoid it, but with 2 rounds of redundancies in the space of a year, it's hard to believe... Especially when the business is still cash rich and still profit making - just not profit making enough! The second round of redundancy was also during the pandemic, so not particularly sensitive to those employees. I think Three failed their social responsibility here, and I'm embarrassed that my workplace has needlessly contributed to yet more job losses in the pandemic, especially when the business COULD afford to take the hit to their staff costs, they just don't want to. - Redundancy is seen as far too easy an option, again that's twice in a year. It wouldn't surprise me if there were more. This impacts people's homes, lives, visas, kids, CVs... while the business can shake it off in months. - The business is already worried about margin. This ties into the point above, but to me it feels like another round of redundancy is coming. Even if it's not, the fact that it has to be on my mind as a possibility is not great. - It feels a lot like the company is going the wrong way in terms of culture. It feels like since the new CEO started, things have changed for the worse - of course this could be just a coincidence. A few examples are: Wellness Wednesday (a 2 hour lunch break every Wednesday) was scrapped without good reason - a zero cost and popular initiative that was not causing any issue to the business. We used to be able to ask anonymous questions to the CEO (which was great and transparent), but that's now been stopped. It just feels like things are going backwards, with decisions being made without care for employee opinion. Of course, this sort of thing happens in a lot of work places, but it never used to be the case here. - Chaotic work environment. This is really set by the 'tone at the top' - senior management have changed so much over the past year that I honestly can't keep up. The business will use terms such as 'fast paced' and 'always changing', but really it's a euphemism for chaotic. Every time there's a huge new change, it's always 'the last time' and 'lining up to the future'... The chaos at the top cascades down to the rest of the business as well in terms of structure and work. - Career progression is limited. The business always talks about how the business itself has to be 'moving forward' and if they're not growing they're 'standing still'.... however, by the same logic, most of its work force are standing still! For two years in a row they've frozen the inflationary increase, so salaries have stayed flat. - In my role, there's little room for progression, and given the lack of job security, I'm not really wanting to progress into another area of the business. - This is a bit nit picky, but the selection of free phones available to employees is awful considering this is a phone company.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good culture but poor delivery

Oct 8, 2020 - Finance Analyst in Maidenhead, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People Relaxed Approach Genuine desire to develop and promote from within Flexible Working 'Flat' non-hierarchal structure - anyone can talk to anyone across levels, anyone can raise points, questions, challenges of even the most senior management without fear

Cons

Chaotic - a new 90 day, 1 year, 5 year plan every couple of weeks that are forgotten about and abandoned within weeks or even days. Very difficult to understand if what you are doing is actually benefiting the company (but as long as you are doing 'something' you get a pay rise and bonus anyway so not all bad!)

Three Response

People Assist Advisor

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear you embraced our fab culture and that we really champion our value ‘we work as one team’. Our People really are our biggest asset. We work hard to create a friendly and open working environment to help get the best from our People, so thanks for calling this out. We know that it’s been a busy few years with new initiatives, but we are confident that the hard work being done across the business will set us up for success and put us in an even better position to support both our customers and colleagues in the future. Thanks again.

3. 5.0

Good Employer, A lot of senior management politics

Apr 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Flexibility, Culture, Long term opportunity

Cons

can have lots of politics between the senior management, not great at providing external training

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Truly a brilliant company in every way

Jul 12, 2019 - People Team in Maidenhead, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent salaries, fantastic bonus (20% of your annual salary), 28 days leave, 3 days personal leave. The people are cared for and the senior management are down to earth and always visible and often stop for a chat with the workers around the office. Not many companies can say that!!!

Cons

The team and department leadership is not always consistent, there are some managers that are considerate and want to provide opportunities to you and then there are others that do not share the same sentiments. I know that Three are looking into Leadership workshops to get an overall consistency withing the company.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Very open and adaptable company to work for

Feb 3, 2020 - Head of Ict in Maidenhead, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Respect and recognition from senior management when doing well Very open dialogue from senior management, so always felt connected

Cons

Can be higher pressure environment and does not suit all

Three Response

People Assist Advisor

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. At Three our standard is that everyone is treated equally, fairly and consistently without exception. Our people are our greatest asset and we want to recognise their contribution! We do work in a fast paced environment and yes it can be a bit lively around here. We want to be the UK’s best loved brand and this can mean doing things a little differently. This doesn’t mean we want our employees to feel stressed or pressurised. Did you check out our Wellness Hub? This contains lots of useful resources that can support with mental, physical and emotional wellbeing. Thanks again!

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

do not apply, bullying is over common and not put a stop to!

Mar 6, 2020 - Tech and Ops in Maidenhead, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

wellness Wednesday you get extended break and choice of benefitz

Cons

aggressive place to work lot of senior management being kicked out colleagues getting away with bullying

7. 4.0

Fairly good employer

Nov 24, 2019 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Outdated systems. Senior management not transparent

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice place to work but hard to hit targets

Dec 15, 2019 - Sales Advisor in Portsmouth, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free unlimited data SIM card

Cons

-Targets are unachievable. -Systems are BEYOND poor. -Senior management do not care about the staff.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

A great environment and culture

Mar 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good focus on wellbeing and work/life balance. The environment is friendly and senior management on the whole engage well with staff at all levels.

Cons

Three has a very ambitious strategy involving a great deal of change and it is proving hard to achieve.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Three recognise and reward high achievers

Sep 5, 2014 - Resourcing Partner in Maidenhead, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for Three for just over a year and have already been given more responsibility in a secondment. It's great to be given the opportunity to broaden my skill set and subsequently progress my career at Three. The salary and benefits are in line with, if not slightly better than market rate in my opinion. The culture here is very relaxed and informal. Most people are approachable and friendly and open communication/collaboration is encouraged. There are often social events in the café and around the building such as barbecues, quizzes, bake sales, raffles and "open bar". There are also regular face to face updates from the Senior Management Team regarding the company's progress, upcoming launches and achievements. Three acknowledge that they are only as good as their people and this is evident in the culture that has been created.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that as Three are still a young company and are still evolving when it comes to process and direction, there can sometimes be " ambiguity" when it comes to decision making and getting things done. You have to be the type of person that can see the bigger picture and be adaptable to change, if you want to be successful at Three.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews