Threshold Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ira Goldberg

1. "Its a good job but u easily get written up for things u dont have control over."

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at Threshold Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its easy as long as u can count. Friendly and safe environment.

Cons

If your sick or car breaks down u will get a point for calling in cause u didnt give them a head notice. 8 points ur fired.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

"A mix of people but not worth it"

Former Employee - Manager in Scotts Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Scotts Valley, CA

Pros

- A great mix of personalities and talents scattered throughout the organization.
    - Location- Scotts Valley
    - Industry has a lot of opportunity for growth

Cons

- Upper management is unwilling to listen to new ideas
    - There is no guaranteed parking ( BIG ONE) . Employees must park .25 mile away on street and walk every other week. A legal and safety risk as well as a bad message to current employees.
    - Pay is not competitive.

Advice to Management

Upper management ( CEO) needs to start listening to Human Resources regarding complaints and feelings being had within his company. Some easy changes, with little to no increase in costs, can improve morale, production, and growth.

3. "Threshold Enterprises, LTD"

I have been working at Threshold Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to get work experience and apply job skills.

Cons

No guidance from management. No room to grow within the company. Raises are delayed a year or more.

Advice to Management

Lose unqualified/ bad workers after a year (at least). Hire qualified individuals at upper management levels.

5. "Not a place to have a career"

I have been working at Threshold Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mostly easy going atmosphere, deadlines are typically soft (even when they shouldn't be). People are nice and try to have some sort of camaraderie.

Cons

The CEO just has no clue. This industry is huge, and if he let his executive team make decisions and maybe sat back a bit, his company could make some serious money and make a serious difference in the industry, maybe the world! But, he's too much of a micro manager to do that.

Advice to Management

Management needs to make more of an effort to push the CEO to allow them to make decisions. Otherwise, management is fine - it's just one person that is truly responsible for the lack of success this company has had in recent years.

6. "Distribution Supervisor"

I worked at Threshold Enterprises full-time

Pros

Stable company, some nice coworkers.

Cons

Long hours, uncertain work schedule, poor benefits.

Advice to Management

Improve benefits, work scheduling.

7. "No competative wages offered, no reason to stay longer than 6 months"

Current Employee - Laboratory Analyst in Scotts Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Laboratory Analyst in Scotts Valley, CA

I have been working at Threshold Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers
    Flexible work schedule and training

Cons

Low wage
    Consistent Laboratory Turnover (3-6 months)

Advice to Management

Raise laboratory wages to compete with those over the hill. This will create long term employees that will uphold the quality of results, and save the company money in the long run.

8. "I been working for Threshold for almost 1 year"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Scotts Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Scotts Valley, CA

I have been working at Threshold Enterprises (Less than a year)

Pros

Threshold has been really goo dot me, i enjoy coming to work everyday. I admire how the company keeps growing, and give our employees the opportunity to grow.

Cons

Haven't had any issues, everything has been running smoothly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

9. "Poor Employee Morale"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Scotts Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Scotts Valley, CA

I worked at Threshold Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Low oversight and ownership of role.

Cons

Company is run poorly and employee morale is low.

Advice to Management

Complete restructure.

"Threshold has its pluses and minuses"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA

I have been working at Threshold Enterprises full-time

Pros

Friendly coworkers, close to Santa Cruz, booming dietary supplement industry, interesting jobs, nice CEO.

Cons

Poor benefits, awful working conditions in manufacturing and packaging, old, run-down equipment and facilities, difficult to get anything done due to CEO signing every PO, CEO not committed to modern regulatory requirements.

Advice to Management

Listen to all the great people who work in the trenches. Take their advice.

"Good opportunities for those who are skilled and motivated"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Scotts Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Scotts Valley, CA

I have been working at Threshold Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been promoted several times since starting work here more than 5 years ago. This company will not promote people who simply have been working here for X amount of years, but will promote those who go above and beyond the requirements of their current position to improve processes and efficiency (as they should). I really appreciate that the CEO, Ira, is dedicated to keeping his company and worker base local. So many companies today are outsourcing for cheap labor, and Threshold is only expanding to provide more jobs for local people.

To those who are saying you need to be in the "in crowd" to move up, this is not exactly true. You do need to cultivate good relationships with everyone, including those who can influence a promotion. Threshold will not promote people who complain about problems but don't take action themselves, no matter how brilliant they may be. I have helped to improve many processes here simply because I identified the issue, then met with the people involved and updated the procedures after gaining consensus, and I am grateful that Threshold encourages employee input in this manner. You just need to go about it the right way.

Also, Threshold is by far the most flexible place I have ever worked. I also appreciate that it is a casual environment, characteristic of Santa Cruz County and the dietary supplement industry. It is not a buttoned-up corporate culture by any means. Health, dental and vision insurance are provided, and the rates are reasonable for a privately owned company of this size. The people I work with are also great, and I feel like my concerns are taken seriously and my contributions are respected and appreciated by all of management.

Cons

The pay could certainly be better, but it is pretty much on par for Santa Cruz County. You can choose between taking a higher-paid job over the hill, or getting paid comparable to what Threshold pays and stay here. I choose the latter.

Advice to Management

Allow supervisors to be more directly involved in determining pay increases for employees. This would help to create a more merit-based pay structure, rewarding the star employees with sizable raises while giving those who do the bare minimum less, since the supervisors know their employees best. I would also suggest better defining pay scales for each position to improve equity (for example, all supervisors start out at $X-Y), which would improve morale and allow employees to know what to expect if they were to advance. This would have the added effect of ensuring the pay scale is "to the job" rather than adjusted to account for the person's past salary. I would also make sure each department has tiered positions with defined salary ranges to allow for intradepartmental advancement, so that top employees have an opportunity to further their knowledge and support right where they're at. The company is currently working to address this.