KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Thrive Life President Jason Norton
Jason Norton

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "The pay and benefits are below average.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Low pay, bad management, poor business plan, employees come second to distributors, decisions come from the top down, little to no company growth, decisions are made on a hunch and hope.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Freeze dried

Aug 20, 2021 - Freeze Dried Operator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment. I enjoyed the company a lot. Yeah.

Cons

None really. The job was great. The company had my best interest.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great leadership

May 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership and strong sense of team.

Cons

The pay isn’t as competitive as other companies even with a decade of tenure.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee

Stay away

Jul 29, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Maybe just the fact that we get the product at a discount, that's if you like freeze dried food of course.

Cons

Where do I start...low wages, crappy benefits, mediocre product and leadership. If I was you I would stay away from Thrive Life. The environment is crappy (no, really, the office space is dirty and depressive, and it smells sometimes). Many of the people who work there are people who end up staying 5, 10 years at a company because they are conformists. There's a big lack of diversity.. (e.g. mostly everyone is white and m*rmon), therefore a lack of creativity and out-of-the box thinking. In marketing, for an employees' birthday they would have everyone in the team who wanted donate a dollar or so to pay for the birthday person's lunch. Instead of the company paying $10-$15 for a lunch. That's just pathetic. But really, if you value your mental health and quality of life, do not work for Thrive Life.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Management is the WORST.

Jul 13, 2021 - Food Packager in American Fork, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

*You make money in three days

Cons

*management is terrible and rude *hard workers are rewarded with more work while lazy employees are rewarded with numerous breaks *no listens to complaints

5. 2.0
    Current Employee

Making and packaging Freeze Dried Food.

Apr 30, 2021 - Production Worker in American Fork, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

We Get 4 days Off. We have great food that is occasionally given to the staff. Teaches you there is more than one way too solve a problem.

Cons

Burns out quick the work load is always the same. The value in what you are learning Is very limited.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company Focused on Growth

Nov 10, 2020 - Operations Support Specialist in American Fork, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Thrive on and off for a few years. I really like how every time I come back the company has gotten better and has grown. It continues to grow and tries to make work better for you. They care more about fixing problems within how things are ran then they are about getting mad at you for messing up.

Cons

Since they are still growing not a lot of standards are set.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

bad company

May 8, 2021 - Quality Assurance
    Business Outlook

Pros

some nice people, discounts on products

Cons

terrible hours, pay not worth it, difficult to use any time off.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Have a life? Want to work with great people? This is your company.

Oct 5, 2018 - Graphic Designer in American Fork, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

First, everyone here is fantastic. From the very top of the corporate ladder (which feels like it doesn't exist, but I'll get to that) to the bottom, everyone is nice to each other, and it feels like working with family. It's been mentioned on here before but it is true, the executives are your best friend. The last several companies I have worked for, I didn't ever talk to any of the executives. Here, I have daily conversation with them. They are all so down to Earth. They don't have big business heads, and they truly love everyone here. When you are here, no matter what you do you feel like a million bucks because they treat you that way. I have 3 kids, and at times life can be very demanding. However, the flexibility I have here has made it so much easier to manage my work and home life. They really understand that we all have stuff going on and are more than willing to accommodate all circumstances. It has been so great for me.

Cons

Probably only having one high deductible insurance plan. My family gets sick a lot and the high deductible has been hard for us. I would have much preferred a lower deductible but there was only one choice for family.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Growing company

Oct 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

--Great culture and guiding principles. The core values are shared and lived by everyone, including honesty, integrity, continuous improvement, and treating others well. --The people. I've never worked with more dedicated, kind, give-you-the-shirt-off-their-back people. We work hard, we laugh together, we cry together, and we take care of each other. We are family. --Because Thrive is a small, growing company you have the chance to truly have impact. You are not a cog in a large machine, doing the same thing every day. Employees are constantly improving and re-defining their role. You are able to learn, grow, test and try new things, work on the things that motivate and excite you, and see the impact you're having on the company's success. --We measure results and win and lose together as a team. --Great benefits. The owners care about their employees and their families and give extra perks like free product every month, an on-site gym, paying 75% of health insurance, HSA contributions, Sundance resort passes, etc. They also do family activities and events during the year.

Cons

--Things are moving quickly due to the nature of our business and the growth we're experiencing so we often struggle to define requirements, fully communicate the impact, and create strong standards around all of our processes. --Some of our systems and processes were put in place for a start-up sized business, but we are becoming more complex and require more robust support.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good With Room for Improvement

Oct 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It really does have a family-like atmosphere. I love working with the people in my department. It's a relaxed and easy going environment. Employees get a great discount on products. They are flexible with your schedule. Executives are friendly and know everyone's names.

Cons

Low pay and very few (and small) pay increases. No pay increases when you are given extra assignments and work to do. Often feel very under appreciated for all the work done. There is very poor communication between departments, leading to a lot of misinformation going out to customers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Reviews

Thrive Life Reviews FAQs

Thrive Life has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 40 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Thrive Life to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Thrive Life employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Thrive Life. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

62% of Thrive Life employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Thrive Life 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Thrive Life to be culture, career development, senior leadership and the cons to be management, benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with Thrive Life Job Seekers