KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 167 of over 173 reviews

4.1
Thrive Market CEO Nick Green
Nick Green
Pros
  • "Thrive Market is a great place to work(in 25 reviews)

• "In the absence of working in the office and having access to free lunch, we’ve even been given weekly stipends for meals/groceries(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I honestly feel like there aren't many cons to working at Thrive Market(in 14 reviews)

• "Member Services having to work at least one weekend day(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Jun 16, 2021 - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is great. People are nice

Cons

Everything is great. No Cons

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Trash

Jul 12, 2021 - Shift Lead in Sparks, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay and the insurance

Cons

You only get 2 weeks time off. Corporate is so disconnected from reality that they expect the most ridiculous amount of production from the fulfillment center(s). Management positions empty and fill like a revolving door, yet they wonder why. Thrive Market got a taste of profit from the pandemic and we were treated like machines. Everything fun was taken away, we had to work 6 11-hour shifts, and we had our $2 "hazard pay" revoked during the peak of pandemic purchasing.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Thrive

Jul 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent Good health insurance

Cons

Management doesn’t do anything to discourage the blatant racism and homophobia on the floor. Working conditions are rough, as there is cardboard dust everywhere and it is not climate controlled. Employees have passed out due to heat stroke here.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive, engaging, and fun company culture!

Dec 12, 2020 - Member Services Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people - management and co-workers are incredibly warm, friendly, accommodating and helpful. I feel like they truly care about how I am doing Work-life balance - I've had two supervisors explicitly say to never work when you're not clocked in or have Slack downloaded on your phone. That is so refreshing! Sadly this is rare in most modern companies, but when I clock out, I leave it behind to enjoy the evening/weekend! Training - I was nervous to start in a remote environment, but they took such good care of us! My training group had 3 weeks of full-time Zoom training with an incredibly welcoming, funny, and helpful trainer. We all bonded so much! Onboarding - our department assigned us an "onboarding buddy" which is such a great idea especially in the remote setting. It's great to know I have someone to reach out to and who has my back Benefits - package is solid plus as others have said here we get weekly stipends in shopping credit to spend on the website! Schedule - in a customer service role I expected to have to work at least occasional weekends/evenings but nope!

Cons

Workload - might not be a con for everyone and specific to this position but it can be overwhelming to deal with customers and their sometimes unpleasant emotions in live time (phone & chat) while also feeling like you've got to keep up with trainings and general emails

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company that values your hard work and expertise

Dec 11, 2020 - Manager, Creative Operations in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Real commitment to the mission, no greenwashing here! • Strong, yet humble and approachable executive leadership team (as they say, it comes from the top!) • Incredibly smart and talented employees, you will learn a lot! • Positive company culture, there is frequent recognition of hard work and a support system for when you try something that doesnt work out. • You will be empowered to think outside the box and your ideas will be met with enthusiasm and a willingness to try. • A lot of internal mobility and career opportunities • Fast paced and packed with action, you will work hard, but with the flexible vacation policy to support a couple days off when needed to avoid burnout. • Encouragement to keep a healthy work-life balance, including many "wellness fridays". • Stock options • Flexible WFH policy (even pre covid) • Great health insurance

Cons

There is no 401K matching at the moment, but the stock options make up for it and then some!

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

High Growth Company with strong Mission and Vision

May 4, 2021 - Supply Chain in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

High growth and transparent culture mitigate "growing pains" of companies in this stage of their evolution. Strong leadership across all of Operations

Cons

Company has embraced "work from anywhere" which can be difficult at times for collaboration

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Mission based company with mission energized employees

Jan 12, 2021 - Marketing Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thrive Market has been an incredible mission-born brand to work for. If you are looking for a place that you will wake up every morning excited to work for this is it. The company is on fast paced journey to build the most iconic mission driven grocery store, that also aims to be the healthiest and also most sustainable. Its incredible to see the whole company rallying behind this common vision. Clarity in strategy, priorities, results driven, coupled with immense transparency and open communication make the culture awesome. People make all the difference here - passionate and all mission aligned with common values to the brand/company.

Cons

Super fast paced, so may not be for everyone as it requires agility and tenacity to succeed. Remote onboarding short term, so will take effort and time to build the deep networks and relationships (temporarily due to COVID).

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company that values all except leadership.

May 13, 2021 - Outbound Supervisor in Sparks, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance Unlimited pto for management based on coverage Ability to move in company.

Cons

Low pay Poor treatment of leaders Zero training or development Poor culture formed by senior HR management that retaliates and approves of inappropriate behavior based on her personal opinion of employees.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Mission and Great People!

Dec 5, 2020 - Member Services in Marina del Rey, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

First and foremost, working for a company that has such a great mission is incredibly rewarding. The transparency is incredible, as weekly All-Hands meetings provide insight into where the company is struggling and performing well. Furthermore, all of the key objectives are discussed and upcoming priorities for the business are laid out clearly. There are good opportunities for growth within Member Services or in other departments. Other departments seeking help for entry level tasks, often receive help from someone on the Member Services team. This has led to several full time positions. Great people who truly wish to collaborate within or outside of their departments, to expand our mission and make Thrive Market an even bigger success for members! The benefits package is great and includes a weekly stipend for food/credit to use on the website.

Cons

As much as I would like to provide insight here, I really don't believe there are any cons.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great brand mission; Nepotism affected morale

May 20, 2021 - Client Services Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good brand mission; clear vision of customer journey

Cons

Poor management; Nepotism among leadership resulted in poor morale. High turnover

Viewing 1 - 10 of 167 Reviews