Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care "medically fragile children" Reviews | Glassdoor

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care Employee Reviews about "medically fragile children"

Updated Sep 12, 2019

4.1
Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care Founder, Chairman, and CEO Gregory Serrao
Gregory Serrao
Pros
  • "Office staff are all great people(in 10 reviews)

• "(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low Salary, no benefits, seldom get raises(in 3 reviews)

• "I have no Cons about this company(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "medically fragile children"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"A positive workplace culture"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place for a new grad or seasoned nurse. Comprehensive training is provided and supervisors are always available for consult. Rewarding work taking care of medically fragile children in their home. You are able to develop strong relationships and learn many set skills not offered in the hospital environment.

Cons

There is a fine line of getting too involved with your patient and the family dynamics. You need to set yourself at a high standard and keep it professional.

Advice to Management

I would like you to keep up the good work! The staff and nurses I have had the pleasure of meeting have always impressed me with caring and positive attitudes. CEO and Management have crafted a positive environment and workplace culture with a clear vision.

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2019-05-24
  2. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care full-time

Pros

I have never worked in a startup before. The pace is fast, but I love it! Everyone on the Wakefield team is supportive and welcoming, and I am learning so much. I have the tools to do my best work, my professional skills are valued, and my opinion matters. Our company purpose is to help medically fragile children grow and flourish to their full potential, which is a noble purpose to get behind and a great reason... to come to work. Our CEO and management team and the clinicians at our locations all truly care about our patients and their families.

Cons

We are growing fast, so we are working at breakneck speed. It would be nice to spend a little time celebrating successes, sharing progress, and discussing teachable moments with the NRC as a whole. Departments can be siloed at times.

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2018-10-23
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Overall Good company, poor leadership in Lubbock, Tx"

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Helping medically fragile children and being involved the community. Senior Executive Leadership is top notch.

Cons

Worst office environment I’ve ever experienced in my 10 plus year career. Local leadership is manipulating, intimidating, and has minimal trust in staff which leads to micromanaging.

Advice to Management

Cannot understand how local leadership is still in place with the incredible amount of turnover and internal issues within the last two years.

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2019-09-12

"Pediatric Home Care"

Current Employee - LocationDirecor in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It is working with medically fragile children, of course you use your skills, but in doing that you are paid to play with a child!

Cons

It is hard to always keep your professional boundaries, as you want to do so much to help them flourish and thrive!

Advice to Management

Would like to them to continue to look for ways to have a full PTO package at some point in the future.

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2018-04-30
  6. "Strong purpose & growing fast!"

Pros

A strong sense of company purpose where everyone strives to provide high quality clinical care to medically fragile children so that they can grow and flourish to their full potential! Many people can recite this verbatim, which is highly unusual in my experience at previous companies.

Cons

The company is expanding very fast and as a result there are some normal growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote the purpose, it's worth getting up each day to pursue.

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2018-04-25
  7. "Genuine and Compassionate"

Current Employee - Area Director in Central, TX

Pros

I feel very proud and fortunate to work for a company like Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care . The leadership at Thrive is supportive and makes decisions in the best interests of their patients. As a manager, every time I have reached out for guidance, I get the same response without fail. I am asked "what's the right thing to do?" This is how the company is run and this is how they expect every one at all levels to... approach care giving. I have a long history working in home health care and Thrive leadership is the first in my history in the business that goes out to see patients. I've never had directors and CEOs go out to visit families, hold children, ask for honest feedback from employees and parents and use that feedback to improve the patient and employee experience. I know this leadership will take the company in the right direction and I'm excited to feel so fulfilled with the contribution I make to helping this agency fulfill their mission of providing high quality clinical home care to medically fragile children so they can grow and flourish to their full potential.

Cons

Any con I would list is the result of this being a newer company introducing brand new HR and digital charting systems for the benefit of our employees and our patients. Leadership has learned and made improvements quickly, however, the nature of being a leader focused on quality means constantly updating requirements and processes.

Advice to Management

Please don't change your approach to home care. Keep listening to the employees and the patients.

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2018-04-24