Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care "office staff" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care Employee Reviews about "office staff"

Updated Dec 19, 2018

4.1
Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care Founder, Chairman, and CEO Gregory Serrao
Gregory Serrao
Pros
  • "Office staff are all great people(in 10 reviews)

• "(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low Salary, no benefits, seldom get raises(in 3 reviews)

• "I have no Cons about this company(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "office staff"

Return to all Reviews

"Experience with Thrive Pediatrics"

Current Employee - Private Duty RN in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

The individuals responsible for scheduling the different patients with the various nurses, worked diligently with this RN to find the perfect match - patient/family. While it was slow @ first it worked to my advantage, in the end - many thanks! Helpful office staff - always available to answer questions, friendly kind voices/attitudes when calling the office. The availability of insurance - received the... invitation/information to sign up, almost immediately, for the rest of this year - usually you have to wait 3 months after starting a job to sign up/begin benefits, so this was perfect for me & based on my needs inexpensive. This RN was contacted by a Member of the Thrive Team, after welcoming new Team Member's who are starting to work in the Colorado & North Carolina areas. During the conversation, this RN revealed spending time during each shift reading to the patient, from books found in the home. This resulted, in the Team Member giving the patient a gift - an Amazon $15.00 gift card, so this RN could get a new book to read to him. The RN & Mother are very grateful the patient was ecstatic. The gesture for a patient, from an individual that doesn't even know him, was very kind & not one that is commonly seen, in a field that is very concerned with cost/making money

Cons

No program around the Thanksgiving & Christmas Holidays that offer gift baskets, to some of the low income families/patient's current on service. These gift baskets could be made of items brought in to the office by employees - office staff as well as nurses in the field with linens - towels/wash clothes etc; clothes for the patient i.e., socks, t-shirts, PJs etc; canned/package non-perishable foods, stocking... stuffers such as books, the nurses or family can read to the patient, little stuffed animals etc or anything to make these families Holiday's special.

Advice to Management

This RN believes it's important to give back to the Thrive Pediatrics Communities, by adopting the more needy families during the Holidays - just a thought & wouldn't cost that much! This RN is very aware of the Govt guidelines, for gift giving, by HH Agencies. However, inexpensive gift baskets, esp if items were donated by various staff members, shouldn't really pose a problem for the Agency & this RN... would like to see this practice initiate. These families already have a significant strain in that they are caring for special needs children & any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, for your time.

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2018-12-20
  2. "LVN"

Current Employee - LVN in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good ,work hours. Very nice office staff

Cons

Just wish had clients close to my home

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2018-12-19
  3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Staff RN

Pros

Great hours, flexible, hires new graduates, friendly staff, offers benefits, one to one care, office staff cares about nurses and patients

Cons

Little training and growth opportunity, takes a while to get started on a case after hire

Advice to Management

More training and growth opportunities would be nice, especially for new graduates.

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2018-12-19
  4. "Great Growing Company for Pediatric Home Care"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

autonomy in position, growth opportunities, working with children is very rewarding, great office staff

Cons

I know it is harder with a smaller company but trying to get more affordable health insurance.

Advice to Management

A chief nursing officer (RN) to review policies and procedures for EBP protocols for field nurses to have as easy reference with how-to's, etc.

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2018-12-14
  5. "New Nurse, Countless Opportunities!"

Current Contractor - LVN in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care for less than a year

Pros

I have now worked for Thrive for approximately 4mths, and I will say that it has been a very interesting journey thus far. If you are willing to learn, adaptable and willing to take on a challenge, then this is the right place for you! Initially, I joined as a full-time employee but do to my rigid schedule, I have had to become a PRN Nurse. Even as a PRN Nurse the selection of hours are abundant, if you need to work... there are patients needing nursing care and love! I will say that with Thrive you have a variety of patients to select from with varying acuity levels and as long as you remain open with a fresh perspective then there is nothing to hold you back. The office staff and nursing management are extremely responsive and show concern for your professional growth and development and as a new nurse this provides a sense of security and a safe environment. Training webinars and in office education opportunities are provided for free and to all who work for the organization. This alone is awesome! There is more that I may state; however, I feel referrals from happy and satisfied families do the job!

Cons

Transparency, Rounding , Communication Availability, Small Office

Advice to Management

Remain transparent in all aspects and complete rounding more frequently on the new nurses to ensure they are comfortable with their assigned families.

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2018-12-18

"Not what it used to be"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a job and a paycheck.

Cons

Encompass Pediatric was bought out by Thrive, and things really changed. I've worked for Encompass/Thrive for over three years. No more "open door" to vent to office staff. The bottom line now seems to be buying more agencies and making more profit. Almost no nurse works full time, hence no benefits. Lowest pay in this area. No $$ incentive to accept night shift or get additional vent training or cover shifts... for other staff. I asked for re-assignment, due unacceptable activities going on in the home, for over a year and was told they had no one to replace me, so I kept taking care of my client until I finally had to just get myself out of there. We had to teach ourselves the new computer charting...it is confusing and takes time away from patient care and personal, unpaid time to make corrections. I've used Point Click charting in other facilities....much easier to learn and use.

Advice to Management

I see you are now offering sign-on bonuses to new nurses...you need to offer better salaries to start with and shift dif and training incentives.

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2018-04-12

"LPN"

Current Employee - LPN- Private Duty in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Flexibility and ability to work where or when you want is a great advantage. Office staff are all great people. Have never had any issues as a field nurse, great supportive, kind people that make it easy to work for. Everyone has always been so positive and fair. Good compensation and always get a raise every year.

Cons

Sometimes hard to find a good schedule that works for you, depends on families needs and that is usually either long days or too short or only have few days a week needs. I drive to much without reimbursement hard on cars. Not much room for advancement, can get boring.

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2018-03-05

"Horrible To Reach Corporate For Anything"

Current Employee - LVN in Houston, TX

Pros

Nice variety of cases and growing friendly office staff.

Cons

If there is ever an issue or reason you need to contact corporate HR it is next to impossible they never return their phone calls they never answer their phones and most certainly they don't respond to emails. There is NO receptionist person that answers the calls and you get a generalized mailbox. When your issue is your paycheck and NOT getting it and your local office cannot seem to get the job done ....what you... think is to be done next is to reach out to corporate but to not be able to reach them.....is almost a deal breaker!

Advice to Management

Hire a real office staff for your corporate office !!!

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2017-12-13

"Overall a mediocre company"

I have been working at Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, great pay, easy work

Cons

Extremely hard to get ahold of the office staff to pick up or drop hours. Charting is still paper so it is very inconvenient to have to go into the office to make corrections and to turn in paperwork weekly. Extremely hard to get benefits

Advice to Management

Hire more people to work in the office because the people who are in the office now are swamped with work and cannot treat the employees the way they should be treated and as a result the clients suffer because they do not get coverage sometimes because the communication is not there between the nurses and the office.

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2017-10-09
  10. "Pediatric Home Health Nurse"

I have been working at Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care part-time

Pros

Friendly management and office staff. Probably the best Pediatric Home Health Company in Austin.

Cons

As with all pediatric home health companies shifts can be very inconsistent and poor pay.

Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care2017-09-23