Thumbtack Product Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 5, 2020

5.0
Thumbtack CEO Marco Zappacosta
Marco Zappacosta
  1. "Best place I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Product Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, Career Opportunities/ Professional Development, Autonomy, Work-Life Balance. Plus they serve 3 meals a day! Amazing culinary staff and great food. You can really adjust your work hours to match the personal lifestyle that best suits your needs.

Cons

Could be more diverse, not as many URMs as other companies.

Thumbtack2020-02-05

Thumbtack Response

February 6, 2020Social Media Support Manager

What a great list of pros! These are some great call-outs about our company and its culture. We're lucky to have employees like you, and we're grateful for your honest feedback about the diversity, This is something we'll always be working at, and we appreciate you pointing it out and keeping it in mind. :)

Continue reading
  2. "Great Place to Work at"

Current Employee - Product Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture at Thumbtack is Inclusive, open and supportive. Btw, culinary team is awesome.

Cons

The only thing is the 401k.

Thumbtack2019-06-03

"Amazing people"

Product Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack

Pros

*** TEAM *** The people and the culture they embody make Thumbtack a truly special place to work. These adjectives describe the team: + Hyper intelligent + Friendly + Positive & optimistic + Ambitious + Open minded + Collaborative + Trustworthy + Emotionally intelligent A lot of qualities emerge from this mix. I'm a person who tends to attract conflict. I'm loud, outspoken, and I don't react well to foul play. I can truly say that in 1 year of working here I have yet to had a single conflict with anyone here, work related or otherwise. I also haven't met one person who I really don't want to work with. For me, both of those facts really stand out. *** VISION *** Thumbtack has been around for quite sometime, 7 or 8 years. Throughout that time, the founders' vision has remained remarkably consistent. They also communicate it effectively. That solves a lot of problems for a growing team. We may disagree on execution, but we all share the same long term vision for the company and the product. That, combined with the attributes mentioned above, make me really feel like I'm part of a team all striving together towards the same shared goal. *** SOCIAL GOOD *** It's really hard for most of us to be excited about working for companies of neutral or dubious societal value. My last job was in social / F2P games so believe me, I know what I'm talking about. Working on a platform that empowers small businesses to succeed and helps customers have confidence in hiring professionals is really easy to be excited about. Every week we are treated to more stories about professionals whose lives have been changed by the ability Thumbtack gives them to pursue and succeed at their dreams.

Cons

- The salary and benefits are very average. Certainly not bad, but also not a selling point. - Thumbtack expects a lot out of its employees. The high bar in hiring corresponds to an equally high bar in performance. This can create a climate where people feel taken for granted. If you're not shipping product that moves a key metric by 20%, you're generally not receiving much praise. Not a good place to feel insecure. If you're doing well, meeting expectations, you probably won't hear very many thank you's or good job's.

Continue reading
    Thumbtack2016-05-16

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews