- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Oakland, CA
- - South San Francisco, CA
- - San Diego, CA Area
- - San Diego, CA
- - Sacramento, CA Area
- - Sacramento, CA
- - Riverside, CA Area
- - Victorville, CA
- - Virginia
- - Norfolk, VA Area
- - Norfolk, VA
- - Utah
- - Salt Lake City, UT Area
- - Sandy, UT
- - Salt Lake City, UT
- - Draper, UT
- - Provo, UT Area
- - Cedar Hills, UT
- - Texas
- - Houston, TX Area
- - Houston, TX
- - North Carolina
- - Raleigh-Durham, NC Area
- - Apex, NC
- - Florida
- - Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL Area
- - Miami, FL
- - Michigan
- - Adrian, MI Area
- - Adrian, MI
- - Colorado
- - Denver, CO Area
- - Denver, CO
- - Nevada
- - Las Vegas, NV Area
- - Las Vegas, NV
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON, Canada Area
- - Toronto, ON
- Vietnam - All Cities
- - Hà Nội
- - Hanoi, Vietnam Area
- - Hanoi
- Philippines - All Cities
- - Manila
- - Manila, Philippines Area
- - Manila, Manila
- - Makati City
- - Pasig City
- - Cainta
- - Davao
- - Bataan
- - Cebu City, Philippines Area
- - Cebu City
- - National Capital Region
- - Rizal
Found 456 of over 499 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "No 401k matching offered at the moment and more people need to know about and use Thumbtack!" (in 14 reviews)
- "Horrible management, promising stability but didn't keep their word" (in 13 reviews)
- "Many left there after layoffs are actively interviewing." (in 12 reviews)
- "There are multiple managers in multiple departments that aren't people leaders and don't know how to be." (in 11 reviews)
- "When a male coworker joined, he shared his salary which was absurdly higher than equal level female peer." (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Thumbtack and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Former Employee★★★★★Nov 14, 2022 - Sourcer in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great benefits and perks, fully remote.
Pay was slightly lower than I expected.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 18, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I have been really impressed by Thumbtack in the less than one year I have been working here. The company truly cares about its employees, offering opportunities to connect on a deeper level in person at offsites and virtually through fun and meaningful events. The company is constantly soliciting feedback to grow and improve as an employer. I feel that my voice is valued, heard, and included in decisions.
I don't have a lot of complaints. No 401(k) match is probably the main con.Continue reading
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We're so happy to hear all of the great things you had to say about working at Thumbtack.
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 17, 2022 - SalesRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
PTO and benefits are good.
Management favors certain reps and it’s a boys club.
We appreciate the feedback!
- Former Employee★★★★★Nov 1, 2022 - Software Engineering Intern in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Excellent work life balance Team building activities
Layoffs are rare but difficult
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 28, 2022 - Account ExecutiveRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Off-sites were amazing. Benefits were also way above average. Specifically the medical insurance and PTO.
There are SO MANY ways to be put on a performance improvement plan and once you’re on one, it’ll take MONTHS until you can feel secure again. Management made a ton of changes at once and the outbound team flopped hard. Managers will tell you to not worry, that they can’t put half the sales team on a PIP and you’ll be totally fine. But then when you don’t hit their unreasonable quota on the month they made some gnarly changes, they’ll fire you. Hit 100% of quota the month prior? Forget about it, doesn’t matter. They’ve been talking about going public for quite some time. In doing so, they need to become profitable. To achieve that, what better way than to greatly reduce staff - especially the sales team that they scaled way too quickly in 2022.Continue reading
We're very sorry to hear about your experience at Thumbtack. Your feedback is very important to hear and we'll ensure that this gets passed a long to the appropriate teams.
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 25, 2022 - Account Executive in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great benefits, culture, people Commission potential is good
Salary could be higher A lot of change
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Thumbtack. We appreciate your feedback!
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 7, 2022 - Marketplace Trust and Safety SpecialistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- remote work support - WFH setup - awesome colleagues and managers - great culture
None so far I've been having a great time with them.
This is so great to hear! Thanks for the impact you've made at Thumbtack over the years.
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 23, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Company actually lives out their values and stick to them. They get referenced regularly during calls
Still growing pains from start up years
We're happy that you're enjoying your time at Thumbtack so far. Keep up the great work.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 23, 2022 - Trust and Safety SpecialistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Make my own schedule Supportive team
Low pay compared to this role in other tech companies
We appreciate your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 11, 2022 - Senior Technical RecruiterRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
TT has wonderful senior leadership that lets the team breathe and create with lots of freedom. Communication is very open and thoughtful. It's a low-ego environment.
Downleveling is a theme in tech, in general. Not my favorite part of TT.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of working at Thumbtack. Thanks for all of your hard work!
Thumbtack Reviews FAQs
Thumbtack has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 499 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Thumbtack to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.
83% of Thumbtack employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Thumbtack 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.