Thumbtack Technical Sourcer Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2018

5.0
Thumbtack CEO Marco Zappacosta
Marco Zappacosta
  1. "Honestly it's amazing!"

Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Snacks and healthy options too In Office Events to make your experience here a pure delight. Friendly co-workers Fantastic Benefits The company encourages growth and career development opportunities Education stipend Book Club Free catered lunch EVERYDAY Free Breakfast Everyday AMAZING work-life balance The company cares about who they hire based on hard work and talent and culture fit. A longer hiring process but to make sure they don't hire anyone toxic to the environment. Quarterly Team Activities Honestly so many things I know I am forgetting. Regardless of your personality, you'll find a friend here there are so many different people that work here with so many interests and hobbies it fun coming into work and getting to know all the kind people you work around.

Cons

Honestly the only con I think of is that no one has an office which is great for team building but at the same time distracting. If you need your own quiet space you'll need to work anywhere else other than your own desk. But there are plenty of empty conference rooms and comfy couches where you can work with fewer distractions.

Thumbtack2018-05-02

"Without a doubt the best place I've ever worked at."

Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Inclusive Culture The culture here is excellent, it really feels like family when coming here, which is a good thing since we spend most of our days with our co-workers. Cross department communication is great as well. -Room for Growth Internal mobility is encouraged here, as well as opportunities to be a mentor or mentee with another Thumbtacker. -Seamless Onboarding This really gets started about a week before you get here, you get to pick your own equipment and desk setup before you even get here. When you do get here all of your stuff is ready to go at your desk, including a sweet little welcome package. Extended onboarding includes Thumbtack University which is a multi-day training session that goes over the company and its history. The product’s evolution and current state, and some research methods and options within Thumbtack. -Food The food here is ridiculously good. Food here is cooked in house by some of the most amazing chefs. You’ll be enjoying daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner (except Fridays). Also with Thursday snack days you’ll be treated to an assortment of in house snacks and beverages. Speaking of beverages there are ‘coolers’ or ‘refreshers’ made in house, a personal favorite is the Passion Fruit cooler. We also have a few beers and wines on tap, and in cans/bottles if you don’t like those options. There’s even an instagram account dedicated to this talented crews’ work. -Extremely flexible with PTO Need time off? Take it. -Transparency Meeting notes are dispersed across departments which provides a window on what the company is working on. This goes all the way to the top. -Thoughtful and Hands on Leadership Leadership here is astoundingly great and active! They’re quick to respond to major events and set a great atmosphere for the company as a whole. They listen to feedback -Offsite Team Building Events Want to get to know your team better? Don’t worry you’ll have a lot of opportunities to get out of the office with your team and build that relationship up! -On-site Guest Speaker Events Thumbtack is increasing their efforts in being thought leaders and having more community based events. -Community Involvement Thumbtackers respond to help out our local community, especially when they need it most like our most recent fires. We also have a few internal groups for different sports and activities that take place outside of work hours. -SF Office Space / Location We’re in the Twitter building which is pretty convenient for most people living in the city, and pretty close to most transportation options.

Cons

It's hard to write something here without sounding pretentious and entitled. I don't have any complaints.

Thumbtack2017-11-15

Thumbtack Response

November 21, 2017Social Media Support Manager

We love that Thumbtack offers so much too. We're excited to see what the next year has in store, and it's great that you're a part of this journey with us.

Continue reading

"Great people, Great Mission!"

Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are too many-- however, our product and the people are what make this place so great! Also, we get to empower local professionals to focus more on their work/craft/vocation, and we've made them over $1,000,000,000 (and rising). At the end of the day, I know I'm helping professionals and families put food on the table.

Cons

Everyone is smiling too much for a Monday at 8am, give me 10 minutes to wake up my positive attitude :). I honestly can't think of any non-trivial cons.

Thumbtack2017-05-17

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews