Thycotic Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Thycotic CEO James Legg
James Legg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Fast growing software company with TONS of growth potential" (in 6 reviews)

• "Excellent product, great people, outstanding benefits" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Just growing pains with a company that is growing as fast as Thycotic is - I think we added something like 30 - 40 employees in the last 12 months" (in 7 reviews)

• "hard work is expected so you have to be prepared for this" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The place to be"

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team to be a part of. You will work with some of the most talented people in the industry. Ideas are always welcomed by management.

Cons

The rapid growth and fast paced nature can take some time to get used to

Advice to Management

Keep building the company and teams

2. "Great place to be!"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot more pros than cons to be honest. A lot of talented people all over the place, you always get help if you are stuck in a problem and work environment is very good. Benefits are fantastic and you get a lot of team lunches (if you are in DC).

There is also job security as the company does nothing but growing. You get to learn a lot in diverse areas, so if you are planning on starting a career with Thycotic, be ready as it will not be an easy ride. You will always be busy.

Management is fair — I can't complain. I finally get to see a company where management actually listens to their subordinates and applies certain changes considering our suggestions.

Cons

Hire more people! There are areas of the company yelling for help as the amount of work is insane.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees, as you are currently doing. The company and people are great. There is also a great future for Thycotic but please, keep hiring more people and invest in the ones you currently have.

"Don't apply if you don't want to learn & expand your skills"

Current Employee - Marketing in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Marketing in Washington, DC

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Thycotic is staffed by a good group of people who are either currently or on their way to being experts in their field, but enjoyable to be around. Thycotic expects a lot from every individual and is very clear about what you need to achieve in your role to be considered a success, and guiding you to achieve greater & greater things. If you want to learn and grow your skill set to be the best in your field, this is a great job. Thycotic is also good about moving good employees to new roles if their interests change while working here and they want to try a new assignment - which is very cool and you don't find everywhere.

Cons

You will be busy! If you want to have time to check social media & relax at work, this is not the place for you. You will be constantly applying your skill set in a new way and challenging yourself. It's not for everyone. You also will spend a lot of time creating your goals, but not much time recapping them. Recognition comes financially through end of quarter bonuses but not verbally or through annual reviews. You can bank on that you're doing well if you hear nothing but just see more money in your paycheck!

Advice to Management

You're doing well! Not much to say here except maybe celebrate small wins and employees who are not sales-related a little more within each dept. A little verbal recognition even one-on-one at the end of the quarter would help people feel their hard work is important and added value to the grand scheme.

"Thycotic is the best company I've every worked at - BY FAR!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Thycotic is great at defining clear and specific expectations for what success looks like in any given job. In my opinion, it then treats employees as adults by giving them as much autonomy as possible to choose when they work, where they do their work, and how best to get it accomplished. The company's leadership is cohesive, transparent and they are good people.

Cons

None. Thycotic is a special place to be.

Advice to Management

Keep leading us forward and stay focused on customer and employee success!

5. "Highly recommend"

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of room to grow and opportunity to do your best.

Cons

Need more staff, the company is growing at an astounding rate.

6. "Account Management"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sales staff is very resourceful

Cons

Can't think of any cons..

Advice to Management

Keep up the solid work!!

"Severe leadership issues"

Pros

Profits are growing.

Cons

No workplace is perfect so there are just some things you've got to let slide.

What's harder to let slide is a workplace that allows leaders to make regular sexist and discriminatory comments without regard, combined with pervasive cronyism & nepotism. What's unfortunate is that not everyone is like this, but when it comes directly from leadership there is just a general attitude that you just accept it since nothing is going to change.

What's keeping about half the company from running for the doors is the pay day that will come when Thycotic gets bought -- a prospect that is water cooler conversation on a daily basis.

Thycotic Response

Oct 10, 2017 – vp of hr

Thanks for your feedback. We have a clear policy against unlawful harassment and discrimination at Thycotic and will take such issues very seriously when facts are brought to our attention. Our... More

"Amazing positive company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Thycotic has been the most enjoyable and interesting company I have worked for by far. Everyone here is smart and takes pride in their jobs, and actually still cares about keeping our customers happy. Letting many employees work remotely as often as needed or even full time is also very forward thinking and makes for a great experience. Everyone is open to suggestions, even from customers who are not just ignored unlike with most other software companies.

Cons

Not the right fit for someone who is not up for challenging tasks or who has a bad attitude.

Advice to Management

Even though we are constantly hiring, don't forget to keep reinvesting in current employees, and don't stop caring about our customers!

"Best place I worked at to date"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- fantastic group of people from sales, to engineers and upper management
    - the amount of brain power and team work is 2nd to none
    - great product to sell and very relevant and current industry
    - great overall culture
    - lot's of professional support to make sure you do well
    - coworkers are good people and always willing to help

Cons

- if I have to be picky... team lunch every other week instead of every week. If you can call that a real con ;)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and continue with the level of transparency for the future of the company.

10. "Exciting place to work!"

I have been working at Thycotic full-time

Pros

Thycotic is a great organization! Everyone understands that we are on the same team and we all work hard to reach our goals. Very collaborative environment. Great communication across all departments.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Good job! Keep it going....