Thycotic Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Thycotic CEO James Legg
James Legg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Fast growing software company with TONS of growth potential" (in 6 reviews)

• "Excellent product, great people, outstanding benefits" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains but knowing you can always ask for help and advice helps a lot" (in 9 reviews)

• "The rapid growth and fast paced nature can take some time to get used to" (in 4 reviews)

"SDR"

I have been working at Thycotic part-time

Pros

A fantastic company with very supportive peers and management.

Cons

None, have had a fantastic experience thus far.

2. "Just Absolutely Incredible"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is top notch. You have the latitude to run your workday like it's your own little franchise. You get out of it what you put into it. Wonderful product that crushes the competition in almost every way. One of the absolute best engineering teams that I have ever had the pleasure of working with and while everyone is back to back busy, there is always someone to help with complex questions. There aren't enough good things I can say about Thycotic. I've been here a little less than a year but have learned and grown more than in the last 10 years. The ability to work remote virtually 100 percent of the time is priceless.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Good people follow good people who make good decisions!

3. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thycotic is a great place to work. Thycotic continues to grow quarter over quarter and in order to sustain that rapid growth, we need to move fast! We are a technology company in a hot market--we are not manufacturing widgets on an assembly line. If you like coming to work with smart people who give it their all, solve problems and help make our customers happy then this is the place for you!

Cons

Truly no cons.
    Don't apply if you cannot thrive in a fast paced environment and do not like being held responsible for your personal performance.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Looking forward to our new office space in 2019!

4. "Incredible place to work with great people and awesome products"

Current Employee - Product Management in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Product Management in Washington, DC

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined this company because I wanted a challenge and I wanted to accelerate my career - and was no doubt influenced by previous glassdoor reviews. This is by far the best company I have worked for in my career. Its great coming into work every day with a sense of excitement about solving complex problems and working on projects collaboratively with super-smart professionals across the organization.

Cons

Our office space is getting cramped .

Advice to Management

keep on rockin

5. "Best place I've worked!"

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Thycotic is amazing! Leadership does an excellent job supporting employees, providing resources, mentorship, and everything you may need to be successful. The work-life balance at Thycotic is taken seriously and makes for happy employees. The people I work with are easy to get along with and eager to lend a hand at every turn, so much so that some days it doesn't even feel like work - I think that's the point, and we are nailing it. If you want to work for a company who supports you both professionally and personally, then this is the place to be. Benefits are top-notch, time off is generous, I just can't say enough what a great company Thycotic is.

Cons

Growing as fast as we are, some days I can't get it all done - but I always know who to ask for help when needed. Growing pains are a great problem to have.

Advice to Management

Work-life balance is the key!

"Terrible pay, hours and management"

Former Employee - Business Development in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Business Development in Washington, DC

I worked at Thycotic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None this place is a sweatshop don’t believe the lies reviews

Cons

Zero communication from management. Extremely low pay compared to competitors. Everyone is getting paid differently in the same roles. Micro managed.

No incentives not even a presidents club. Cheap. No team building. Don’t work here

Thycotic Response

Nov 12, 2018 – vp of hr

We are really sorry you had a bad experience in your short tenure. Our SDR/BDR group is one of the most upwardly mobile teams we have at Thycotic. Those successful in this role move into Account... More

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good product in a hot space.
    -Free pizza twice a month.

Cons

I’m very confused about the reviews praising the company culture here. The office is virtually a morgue and micro-management from certain sales leaders creates a day-to-day environment where the sales employees (“field” and inside) are driven by fear of not hitting metrics instead of actual revenue targets. Also, senior leadership openly talks about plans of selling as soon as possible which de-motivates many employees with no stock (which is given to legacy folks and certain favorites.) Why would you want to work somewhere that offers you no path to grow vertically in the company due to blatant short sightedness?

Advice to Management

Please be transparent to future hires on expectations and atmosphere they’re walking into. I’ve seen many new hires come in and within 5 days you can see that, in their eyes, they’re checked out and regretting the decision they made to work here.

"Great place to be!"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot more pros than cons to be honest. A lot of talented people all over the place, you always get help if you are stuck in a problem and work environment is very good. Benefits are fantastic and you get a lot of team lunches (if you are in DC).

There is also job security as the company does nothing but growing. You get to learn a lot in diverse areas, so if you are planning on starting a career with Thycotic, be ready as it will not be an easy ride. You will always be busy.

Management is fair — I can't complain. I finally get to see a company where management actually listens to their subordinates and applies certain changes considering our suggestions.

Cons

Hire more people! There are areas of the company yelling for help as the amount of work is insane.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees, as you are currently doing. The company and people are great. There is also a great future for Thycotic but please, keep hiring more people and invest in the ones you currently have.

"Don't apply if you don't want to learn & expand your skills"

Current Employee - Marketing in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Marketing in Washington, DC

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Thycotic is staffed by a good group of people who are either currently or on their way to being experts in their field, but enjoyable to be around. Thycotic expects a lot from every individual and is very clear about what you need to achieve in your role to be considered a success, and guiding you to achieve greater & greater things. If you want to learn and grow your skill set to be the best in your field, this is a great job. Thycotic is also good about moving good employees to new roles if their interests change while working here and they want to try a new assignment - which is very cool and you don't find everywhere.

Cons

You will be busy! If you want to have time to check social media & relax at work, this is not the place for you. You will be constantly applying your skill set in a new way and challenging yourself. It's not for everyone. You also will spend a lot of time creating your goals, but not much time recapping them. Recognition comes financially through end of quarter bonuses but not verbally or through annual reviews. You can bank on that you're doing well if you hear nothing but just see more money in your paycheck!

Advice to Management

You're doing well! Not much to say here except maybe celebrate small wins and employees who are not sales-related a little more within each dept. A little verbal recognition even one-on-one at the end of the quarter would help people feel their hard work is important and added value to the grand scheme.

"Thycotic is the best company I've every worked at - BY FAR!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Thycotic is great at defining clear and specific expectations for what success looks like in any given job. In my opinion, it then treats employees as adults by giving them as much autonomy as possible to choose when they work, where they do their work, and how best to get it accomplished. The company's leadership is cohesive, transparent and they are good people.

Cons

None. Thycotic is a special place to be.

Advice to Management

Keep leading us forward and stay focused on customer and employee success!