TiER1 Performance Solutions Principal Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Principal Consultant

TiER1 Performance Solutions Principal Consultant Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2019

4.6
TiER1 Performance Solutions CEO & Founding Partner Greg Harmeyer (no image)
Greg Harmeyer
  1. "Great culture, fantastic leadership, amazing clients"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at TiER1 Performance Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

TiER1 Performance Solutions was founded by three core individuals (Greg, Norm and Kevin) and even though this core group has varying degrees of interaction with the company today their entrepreneurial spirit carries over to current employee base. This company has a very supportive culture and is focused on helping people do their best work. That may mean offering coaching, providing employees with growth opportunities or taking risks which at times means 'failing forward' - we often learn more from our mistakes that from our successes. TiER1 is growing rapidly to meet a healthy pipeline of client demand. With that comes the need to evaluate and update internal processes that may have become outdated or are unable to sustain the growth trajectory. The leadership team is very proactive in making core infrastructure changes (operating model, HR practices, core technology) to support the growth required to be successful. Great work to all who make TiER1 a great place to work!

Cons

As with most small/medium sized companies who are growing rapidly, there comes some ambiguity that may make some people uncomfortable. Employees who thrive at TiER1 are focused on finding solutions instead of being limited by problems. It's safe to say that this isn't the right environment for everybody. It takes someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and doesn't shy from challenges.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the boundaries and challenging current processes.

TiER1 Performance Solutions2015-11-13
  2. "Many good aspects"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at TiER1 Performance Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management seems to be sincerely trying hard to create a great company. Definitely one of the better places I have worked in a long career.

Cons

Management could communicate strategy better. As they have grown they have struggled with keeping a balance of developing people and meeting their financial goals. Distributed authority sometimes feels chaotic and overtly political.

Advice to Management

Examine your commitment to developing people and bringing out the full potential in the wonderful people who work there.

TiER1 Performance Solutions2019-08-27

"Like no other company I've ever worked (totally awesome)"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at TiER1 Performance Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

TiER1 is the best company I've ever worked for. The three founders are the best people on earth - kind and giving. They constantly surprise employees with rewards and recognition, and have had a significant positive impact on my whole life. I'm respected, paid very well, I receive regular and significant bonuses and my efforts are recognized quite regularly. TiER1 hires the best people, and they constantly teach me and encourage me and help me develop. I am a better consultant because I work at TiER1, a better leader, and most importantly, I'm a better person. TiER1 is very service-minded, offering scholarships for time off to do volunteer work. Leadership also encourages community involvement, and actively enables employees to do volunteer work, serve on boards, attend community events and more. The organization believes in giving back to our regional communities where we live and work. Our owners inspire me to be an active, contributing and kind member of our community, which is yet another way that they help my personal growth and development. I am who I am because TiER1 provides such a great environment, place to work and support of its people. The entire leadership team puts our people first - no matter what.

Cons

You need to be a highly motivated high performer. If you need someone to lay out your tasks for you on a regular basis, drive your development for you, require strong oversight or like very defined hierarchical reporting structures, you likely won't thrive at TiER1. If you want to contribute to the culture, demonstrate initiative, have a positive outlook on life and assume positive intent, you'll love TiER1.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I've never had more positive, impactful leaders, mentors and role models. You all are amazing, and I can't imagine working anywhere else. LOVE YOU, TiER1!!

TiER1 Performance Solutions2015-11-13