TickPick Reviews

Current Employee

Growing and Improving Everyday

Oct 8, 2019 - Customer Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

- PTO - Holidays - Corporate Delivery Accounts for Lunch - Employee Education Opportunities - Monthly Social Outings - Monthly Credit allotment (to attend concerts, sports, etc.) - Flexible, remote working options I started at TickPick about 2 years ago when there were less than 20 people in the company. Now we're nearing 50 employees within the New York office, half of which are women (many hold higher level positions, which is amazing progress to witness first hand).

Cons

- A lot of voices mean you have to speak louder to be heard at times. This is improving as we are growing, but just be prepared to fight for the promotions you want in order to get them quicker. - Working in events and ticketing means weekend hours (although Support DOES get to work these from the comfort of their bed, so it zeroes out)

2. 5.0

Great Place To Work

Aug 23, 2019 - Vice President Business Development in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed but productive environment, with thoughtful leadership, and hard working co-founders who truly care about their business, customers, and employees. Because you're wearing many hats, you're likely to gain experience beyond your role.

Cons

Limited resources and staffing results in a workload that's significantly higher than within a large organization. This seems to be temporary as the company has recently raised money and will be doubling their work force.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company that is disrupting the secondary ticket market

Aug 19, 2019 - Social Media Strategist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Great culture *Leadership encourages new ideas *Fair salary, benefits, and PTO

Cons

*Still a young company so there are growing pains that other, more established companies have worked through. *Must be able to handle a heavy workload and be self-motivated...not sure if that is a negative, but you're not going to be coddled

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Start-Up Culture, Always Room For Personal Growth

Mar 22, 2017 - Head of Broker Relations in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Start-up culture promotes employees branching out into other roles - Privately held company, influenced by the opinions of its team and not by outside investors - Bosses who look to incentivize and reward employees in every way they can - Lunch, and sometimes breakfast and dinner, paid for every day - Monthly team happy hours - Ping pong table - Kegerator - TickPick softball team

Cons

As a retail marketplace, the website is live every day, so some roles have no way to avoid working portions of some holidays. The more employees we hire however, the easier it has been to split the holiday responsibilities.

5. 5.0

A Phenomenal Place to Work

Apr 18, 2017 - Support Agent/Social Media Coordinator/Head of PPC in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quite frankly, there is no better work environment that one can be lucky enough a part of, and that's why I become so braggadocios whenever I get asked about what I do. We get lunch paid for every day at the office (and dinner as well if you're working the later support shift), we have a budget for snacks and amenities that the vast majority of other places simply don't provide, and we have regular company-sponsored happy hours that let everyone unwind and become tighter as a team in the process. A ping pong table doubles as our conference table. If you close your eyes, you can just about picture the quintessential startup. We are a company that is about building on the great things that have already been accomplished while pushing the envelope to stay innovative at the same time, and as a result we're one of the fastest growing private companies in the entire country (named by Inc. as the 90th fastest growing private company in the US in 2016). That's something I feel proud of and will continue to as we keep building and challenge other competitors in the industry. It is an extremely thoughtful approach to hire new members of the team because of how delicate a process it is to find employees that are not only qualified for the role that they're hired to do, but also how well the incumbent members of the team feels a prospective employee will fit in within our culture. That's not to say it's anything but an inclusive environment, here, but we know what kind of personalities will fit the job description. At the end of the day, we all have each other's back at TickPick, LLC, and that support has fostered an excellent place to walk into each and every day of work.

Cons

Being that we're a business that never truly sleeps (live events are happening all around us nearly every waking hour of every day in the Continental US and Canada), there are some odd hours and shifts that need coverage (within reason). This is something that has been mitigated as we've an increase in staff size and will only become less of an issue for everybody as they put in their time in times ahead to get the ideal schedule for them. While working some holidays obviously isn't ideal, they're more than fair here about divvying it up.

6. 5.0

Amazing Culture and Place to Work

May 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

* A terrific work environment * Fun young coworkers that I often hangout with outside of the office * Transparent bosses with an open door policy who always keeps everyone up to date with what is going on within the company * Opportunity to move up quickly within the company * Place where every idea is heard * Brand new office right by Penn Station * Can always get time off when needed * Full kitchen with snacks * Daily lunch * Monthly happy hours * Startup who is continuing to grow rapidly

Cons

Not having a company 401k

7. 5.0

Amazing Work Environment and Company to Work For

May 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

* A great work culture * Transparent bosses who always let you know whats going on within the company * Open door policy * Can always get time off when you need it * Brand new office by Penn Station * Full kitchen with snacks * Ping-Pong Table * Monthly company happy hours * Young fun coworkers who I hangout with outside of the office * Start up who is continuing to grow quickly * Any ideas are always heard

Cons

No company 401k or match

8. 5.0

Incredible company!

Dec 28, 2017 - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

*The company has seen rapid growth due to it's superior business model. *Incredible culture and leadership that is very transparent. Room for growth/able to grow with the company. *Amazing office in the heart of NYC (across from Madison Square Garden).

Cons

Unlike other companies, this company doesn't sleep with live events happening all the time. Started out working unique shifts, but this should be less of an issue as we continue to hire more people.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

An open-minded and innovative business team dedicated to excellence.

Oct 28, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

TickPick has thoughtful, hard working employees committed to providing consumers with the ideal ticket buying experience. The company is driven by technology, but operated by live event fanatics who are experts in the industry. Most importantly, the transparency of the service provided reflects the transparency of the business team. Every employee, from the interns to the founders has a voice.

Cons

If there ever was a con, it was addressed and taken care of!

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Cool if you like working in a college dorm

Jun 22, 2018 - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent, happy hours, fre

Cons

Very bro-y, close minded culture. Just saying don't work here if you're a woman or a person of color. Sexist environment. I complained but I was told that I needed to come up with a solution. Not only that, but there's micromanaging leadership, who ask for but do not listen to valuable feedback, work life balance is terrible, and I know it's a start up, but their lack of effort to fix things that very qualified people suggest as legitimate points of structural improvement is offensive. Ridiculous expectations on metrics with NO TRAINING. It pays okay, but there are too many other better jobs out there. Don't do it.

2 people found this review helpful