TicketCity Reviews

TicketCity CEO Randy Cohen
Randy Cohen

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great people and passion

Mar 5, 2021 - Director of Engineering in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to contribute and help build amazing customer products.

Cons

Benefits could be improved, specifically with PTO and health insurance.

President

Thank you for those contributions to our products. Noted on the benefits, that's always something we are pushing to make even better for our great team.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic Experience, Limited Upside

Apr 13, 2021 - Director of Strategy in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a fantastic experience to learn about a unique and challenging industry with a great opportunity to gain general business acumen do's/don'ts. Also, the culture is great for sports lovers.

Cons

Limited upward mobility due to top-heavy hierarchy. Within that hierarchy was a strong sense of complacency with a limited desire to push boundaries. I would only want to work under certain individuals within the organization, other managers provide little growth opportunity.

President

Great advice, thank you for sharing.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Laid Back Work Environment

Jan 16, 2021 - Purchasing Associate in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back, fun work environment, understanding of work/life balance, snacks during busy times, ability to go and work popular events, company credit to go to popular events, 401k with company match, compounding PTO, several healthcare plans - one of which company pays for in total

Cons

During the "busy season" we worked long hours sometimes for months in order to get all the inventory out; A lot of the longtime employees don't do work and managers don't seem to notice or care, leaving other people to do their jobs; Some event teams are never opened up to different employees

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fun Company to work for

Apr 29, 2019 - Purchasing Associate in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of friendly people, office perks, games, food, and great location.

Cons

Hard to move "up". Upper management has been there a long time and doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

President

Thanks for the feedback. Having fun is one our core values, so we make it part of our everyday culture. We do have a very tenured leadership team, but we also have some really talented people who have been here only a few years. Both are making a big impact on our business, and we're at our best when we are acting on ideas from everyone at TicketCity.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A rare company, where teammates feel like family

Dec 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Nāgpur, Maharashtra
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I didn't know work environments could be so supportive until working with TicketCity. Culture is everything there, and through their years of business you can tell they've perfected finding the right people to join the team. - Everyone feels genuinely invested in seeing the company succeed. You feel ownership over your role, over your team's success, as well as rooting for everyone else to succeed. It makes for a very positive and responsive atmosphere. - I was regularly encouraged to collaborate with other teams to create ideas and find new solutions - Great benefits and perks - You get to talk sports and entertainment all day long!

Cons

- During busy seasons (think football, etc.) the days can get pretty long for some teams. Management is great with bringing in food and treats to keep people fed and happy. - The secondary ticket industry is a unique space to work. It's dynamic, where things can change rapidly without much (if any) warning. You and your team have to quickly adapt to keep ahead of the challenges. If you can understand the industry's nature and remain flexible, you'll do great.

Manager of Talent

Thank you for the feedback. It's always been our goal to make sure that everyone at TicketCity has a voice in the company. We will continue to try to find ways to make sure everyone feels comfortable sharing their thoughts.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good environment - mundane work as client relations rep

Nov 28, 2017 - Client Relations Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good coworkers that you can actually talk to and hang with Managers are chill and always down to help with whatever you need without judgement Company prides itself on making you feel like part of a family

Cons

I was a client relations rep and the work was mundane - same exact thing all day everyday. You talk to ALOT of angry people and sometimes it's hard to keep your cool Longer hours, really weird work schedule

Manager of Talent

Thank you for the feedback. We have been a service business for over 25 years and that comes with plenty of challenges. We have changed a lot over the past year, so while service to our customers is still a critical part of our mission - the role our team plays in it continues to evolve (we think for the better).

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

This is a call center setting

May 1, 2017 - Client Relations Specialist in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun activities: food, drinks, company parties, as many hours as you can comfortably handle

Cons

No proper training, non-management employees are routinely over worked, and poorly compensated. This is a call center, so be sure you are comfortable taking emails, calls, and troubleshooting in a cubicle for 9hrs straight--very few breaks. Breaks are frowned upon. Customers are generally in terrible moods by the time they call you, and often their needs are beyond your ability to accommodate them. -no room to advance. All roles have been established beyond customer care.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for letting us know about your time at TicketCity - We are always striving to improve the employee experience in every department. While we appreciate your candor and honesty, the majority of our employees do not feel this way. We are a work hard, play harder type team and as such are as transparent as possible about what certain roles in the company entail. Due to the nature of the industry, there are busier times that require more work; but we would NEVER stop someone from taking a brain break when they need one -- especially during Bowl Season and March Madness! We do allow our employees as much flexibility as possible in terms of their hours which includes time for lunch breaks, appointments, etc. and very much respect the work/life balance of our team. In terms of training, in the last year we have implemented a rigorous and standardized 3 week training program to prepare all incoming Client Relations Specialist with the skills they need to succeed in this role. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent work environment with ample opportunities for those with leadership potential. TicketCity is constantly growing and new opportunities are always emerging. One of the reasons for our impressive tenure of employees is due to our commitment to promoting from within -- your career progression at TicketCity is determined by your strengths, interests, experience and your impact on the company, not by your current role. We have had CR Specialists move both to management positions within the same team and to almost every other department in the company including Sales, Inventory, Fraud and Marketing, several of which were created specifically for high performing employees. Thank you again for your feedback and best of luck in the future!

8. 5.0
    Former Intern

Great Place

Nov 11, 2016 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, fun office, good ticket perks, Austin is a really awesome city to work at a tech company in

Cons

There weren't really many cons other than the lack of windows in the office space. Mostly everything was really awesome

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for the review! We love the live events industry and being part of the tech space in Austin, too! In terms of the building, we try to let as much natural light in the space as possible (and take advantage of that beautiful view of downtown) and have made the space light and airy with our new paint and amazing wall art that includes stadium blueprints, famous sports plays, album covers and photos of our employees and clients. We think the putting green, basketball hoop, ping pong table and arcade games help to brighten our office as well! We really appreciate your work here as an intern and wish you the best moving forward in your career. -Best, Caitlin Sullivan Talent Acquisition Specialist

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Client Relations/Client Order and Supply Specialist

May 12, 2016 - Client Orders and Supply Specialist in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

TicketCity has an amazing culture and genuinely cares about their employees. With over 26 years in the industry, it is an excellent environment in which to grow both professionally and personally, and I found it pretty easy to get along with just about everyone there. If you are willing to work hard, it will not go unnoticed, and you will be adequately compensated. One of the most rewarding aspects of working at TicketCity for me was helping people create memories that will last a lifetime, whether it was a mom taking her daughter to see Taylor Swift for her birthday or a dad taking his kids to their first baseball game. Also, keeping up with what is going on in the entertainment industry, whether you are into sports, concerts, comedy or theater, is not a bad perk either!

Cons

These are more inherent of the ticketing industry as a whole, however... Since there are always events going on and they are open 7 days a week, the scheduling can be pretty demanding, but as the company continues to grow that becomes less of an issue as the schedule can be more easily balanced with more employees. During the busy season, particularly bowl season, it can get stressful, but with adequate breaks and nourishment, it is manageable so don't forget to take care of yourself. After all, every day is a new day.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your honest review regarding working at TicketCity! We think TC is a great place to grow as well - We truly believe hard working employees should be recognized for their service. This is why we promote from within whenever we can! Almost our entire management team has been with the company since its inception and that is a testament to how important dedication and loyalty is to our company. As our industry is heavily influenced by major events (like football, March Madness, the Masters, the Kentucky Derby, US Open Tennis, etc), some times of year are busier than others which is why we reward our team with catered lunches, free snacks and fun surprises like Beer Friday/ice cream socials/wine and cheese parties/fun competitions/chair massages. Our monthly all hands meeting (TicketCity Hall Meeting) is one of our favorite times of the month as a company because it allows us all to catch up on what each department has been working on and every employee gets to shout out a fellow coworker on something great they have done in the past month. Our culture of appreciation is extremely important to us and we are so glad you enjoyed it during your time here. Best of luck in your new adventure! -Warm wishes, Caitlin Sullivan Talent Acquisition Specialist

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Client Relations Specialist

Oct 27, 2015 - Client Relations Specialist in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great managers and customer service team. If you love sports and concerts, this job is great to gain customer service experience as well as experience in the ticketing industry. Fun atmosphere and benefits (health coverage, quarterly bonuses, happy hours, etc.) Great opportunity to work independently and as a team.

Cons

The flexible schedule can make it tough, working day shifts to night shifts and always working a day on the weekend. Busy times of the year can become overwhelming if you're not good at juggling twenty things at once. Organization and great communication is key to be successful. At night the role becomes customer service and sales and the commission rate is barely acceptable.

1 person found this review helpful