FilterDirector Product Management
1. Very casual and relaxed atmosphere - you can have your ipod with headphones, not a strict dress code, which in the spring, summer and fall is great when its 100+ outside.
2. Challenges - Live Entertainment ticketing does not sit still. Acts, Events and Technology are always changing. What worked yesterday may not work tomorrow. Having to think and be creative with solutions that will keep you one step ahead of competers has it's rewards.
3. Diverse and well seasoned staff - some of the emplyoees have been here since day one, and they offer great perspective on direction of the business, from where it's been to where it could be going.
4. It's live entertainment and sporting events. While you may not always get 'free' or reduced prices to shows, you have the oppertunity to take part and work or help in special events like the Super Bowl, the Pro Bowl, the NBA All Star Game, a Presidentail Innaguration.
5. It's never the same day twice - your job isn't the same thing day after day. The challenges and tasks change in an instant. It's very fast paced at times and you have to be quick on your feet.
Working at Ticketmaster is not for everyone, if you think by just working here that you should be given free tickets to everything, this isn't the place for you.
1. Poor communication with Senior Leadership - many things go on and you are left wondering some days just how things in the economy or the market impact your position and the Ivory Tower in Sunset are silent about them.
2. You let your competitor that you purchase run the place. They got purchased for a reason, now letting them run it? Their business model must not have been that great if they were loosing enough money that Ticketmaster had to purchase them.
3. Egos - Many of the Senior and Executive staff have a complex of look what I do for the company and take the credit their staff deserve more so than them.
4. Benefits - the benefit package gets worse and worse every year, costing it's workers more and more. This year one holiday was removed, granted it was a half day, but it was just taken away. Also, for as much work as people crank out around here, would giving everyone January 2 as a holiday been too much to ask for?
5. Salary - not competitve at all. Live Nation offers better salaries for the same level of work.
Advice to Management
Don't let the newbies run the place. You bought Paciolan for a reason, now letting them run the place with their business model which put them into debt, not the smartest move.
Be fair to your employees. Give credit where credit is do, don't hog the spotlight with the work your group does, give someone in the group their due time in the spotlight.
Continue to be the leader in the industry, listen to what some of the newer employees have to say, fresh faces and ideas are great to hear.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?