Ticketmaster Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ticketmaster Presidents Jared Smith and Mark Yovich
Jared Smith and Mark Yovich

Pros
  • Great group of people with a great work life balance (in 26 reviews)

• It is a casual work environment yet everyone is extremely professional (in 26 reviews)

"Fun Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is always something going on at this fast pace every changing company. The company is forever looking for ways to improve and that is a good thing!

Cons

Every company has room for improvement, what matters is the willingness to improve!

Advice to Management

Keep putting your employees first. Keep focusing on how to retain positive productive talent! Don't just focus on the tech world but your HR, your finance and your marketing departments as well!

Ticketmaster Response

Mar 10, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback and recommendation! We definitely value all employees, and want to make sure they feel appreciated, no matter what department they work in :) Please let your HR partner know ... More

"Good work/life balance, Inexperienced Management"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance, nice people, perks like free concert tickets, parties, free cold-pressed juice.

You can bring your dog to work and the company seems to be supportive of employees by offering generous benefits like parental leave and 2 weeks of at Christmas.

The company respects the time of employees and rarely if ever requires long hours or weekends.

Cons

Hollywood is not the greatest location. Some floors have an open floor plan with people packed in pretty tightly.

Upper management are nice people but inexperienced. They make poor decisions on partnerships, failing to do basic things like ensuring the company has rights to the code that is produced. Also have made poor acquisitions, basically replicating existing capability and then disrupting ongoing work trying to figure out how to integrate things. They focus on being inspirational without being business savvy. They seem like they are learning on the job.

The years of legacy software at Ticketmaster causes trouble and a lot of time is spent doing workarounds. The company hasn't figured out how to replace old systems built in the 70's.

Advice to Management

Bring in upper management with experience leading mature technical teams. Not people with just a couple years at a startup or at Facebook. Too often management gets enamored with some feature or some technology and everything gets dropped in favor of it, even needed infrastructure change.

Start fewer things and do better at finishing things.

Always make decisions based on metrics and re-evaluate past decisions using metrics. There is too little self reflection and management tends to double-down on bad ideas.

"Good Benefits, OK Salary, Slow Progression"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people, the number one pro are the people who work at Ticketmaster, it feels like a family, we all pull in the same direction

Cons

Ticketmaster is a typical large organization hierarchical and lots of politics, tenure in many cases is more important than skills/experience. Work life balance can be problem but less than start-ups . Salary is lower than the industry avaerge

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ticketmaster has some of the most smart and passionate people I have ever had the pleasure to interact with over the years.

Cons

The leadership team has a tendency to over commit to projects which ultimately distract our ability to deliver on our original commitments.

Advice to Management

Please ensure we become even more laser focused in our priorities to deliver for our clients and our fans so that we do not dilute our ability to execute.

6. "Great people, but..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Pros

Awesome and smart people to work with, ability for growth, work/life balance is great and occasional work parties.

Cons

Location isn't all that great, leadership and moral of the company could be better.

Advice to Management

Being transparent and make smart decisions in acquisitions that don't create chaos and force people to quit.

7. "Data Scientist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Pros

Great Team. Really smart engineers.

Hard and meaningly work that is technically challenging and large scale data to work with.

Cons

Highly competitive culture may not be for everyone. Light on product management in terms of PMs vs Engineers. It's a lot for one person to manage

Advice to Management

Need more than one PM for that many engineers.

8. "Sales Representative"

I worked at Ticketmaster part-time

Pros

Easy Job, talking on the phone all day selling tickets.

Cons

It's fast paced sales and you can be let go for any little reason.

9. "In"

Current Employee - Intern in Venice, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Venice, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff. Working with all the other engineers was simple and we were able to churn out quality code together .

Cons

Not the best pay in the world for working at a fairly prestigious company and sometimes it was necessary to stay behind after normal hours to get work done

10. "Software Engineering Intern"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster (Less than a year)

Pros

Great dynamic, always open to new ideas, it's in a growth stage right now. Always looking for what they can improve on. Room to grow and learn new things all the time.

Cons

There isn't free lunch every day. Commute is sometimes bad if you are going with traffic. Sometimes bad communication between executives and employees on what is going on.

Advice to Management

Overall, management is doing a good job. However, some teams are better than others and there should be a way to find out how to have all teams be close and connected.

"Sr QA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time

Pros

GReat company to work for lot of perks

Cons

Pay and insurance are not so great