Ticketmaster Reviews | Glassdoor

Ticketmaster Reviews

Updated March 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great group of people with a great work life balance (in 26 reviews)

• It is a casual work environment yet everyone is extremely professional (in 26 reviews)

Cons

1. "Good transitional job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive wages for my area

Cons

Difficult to get a full time position, no incentives, no bonuses.

Advice to Management

Provide opportunities for advancement and stop holding employees back for your convenience.

2. "CSR"

I worked at Ticketmaster part-time

Pros

Ending about 60-80% of my calls on a good note, but that was only because I tended to know things other customer service reps didn't, and could therefore provide more assistance due to my being there longer than most of the other reps (turnover is...very high)

Cons

Trying to assist callers. I've had my life threatened right after saying "Welcome to Ticketmaster" a number of times.

"Great job but there could be some improvements"

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing people - never have a worked with a group of people as incredible as the people that work here. They also have a great vision plan, are supportive of people changing careers, bring in lots of snacks, allow for flexible hours and allow dogs in the office. There are lots of culture programs and I think the CTO genuinely cares about his employees and tries to make a personal connection with each person. Management also goes out of their way to support you during difficult times in your personal life - being more flexible and understanding that I have seen anywhere else. In all of these respects, Ticketmaster is truly an exceptional place to work.

Cons

Lower than average pay and poor benefit plans (other than vision), women do not get promoted as often as men or paid nearly as much, and there are a disproportionate number of women in leadership positions compared to men. There are lots of directional changes under the guise of "adapting to change" being a company motto. Poor communication between senior leadership and the lower ranked employees is still a problem.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your people and they will be loyal to you forever.

"Awesome culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Very casual, friendly working relationships. I feel very valued and appreciated: my manager is very transparent with their feelings... both good and bad. We have monthly social events and smaller gathering to celebrate milestones in each others' lives. I have never worked at a company that feels like such a family and so supportive of my personal endeavors. The culture is unparalleled.

Excellent office location, access to parking, and safe building. Our kitchen has granola bars and a cereal bar and good coffee and we have cable TV in the break room and reception.

Cons

I feel like there is very little promotional opportunity. I think that people are given growth opportunities, but those don't always come with a title change or salary increase.

There are also a lot of office rumblings about salaries being too low, but I think that I am compensated fairly. (I also think that comparisons are drawn to peers in other fields, and the facts are that the entertainment/ticketing industry will never have salaries comparable to finance. That said, we have some awesome opportunities for tickets and other "compensations.")

Advice to Management

Create more areas for growth. Changing jobs and promotions are few and far between, so it would be nice to be given more opportunities. Also, a lot of energy is spent on the new employee orientation, but there are fewer programming for existing employees.

Apr 22, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time to submit a review! You have provided valuable insight into your employee experience. I will be sure HR and leadership receive your feedback and advice regarding growth ... More

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The focus on technology and open processes has changed greatly in the past 2 years. Especially with the senior management leaderships improvement during that time, dev teams have a great sense of direction and motivation. Engineers are able to focus on delivering products.

Cons

Some touchy legacy infrastructure that causes problems at times, but leadership is pushing hard to get all systems out to greenfield opportunities

Advice to Management

Continue investing in the top talent within the company. Let the engineers feel what difference they're making by providing what impact their products are making.

Apr 22, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback! It's great to hear you've had a positive experience. I will be sure to share your advice to management as well, as I know Jody values employees' input! ... More

7. "Love Your Job, Move the Needle"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've had jobs where I worked hard on things I enjoyed, only to see the code I created never get used, or get under-utilized. It was frustrating, to say the least.

At Ticketmaster, the projects I work on, and the code I write, move the needle for my customers. I can see the results of my efforts making their jobs easier, allowing them to do things they couldn't before, and increasing efficiency. I get to replace and retire old code and tired technology. It makes it all very worthwhile.

Benefits are quite good, work-life balance is decent (probably depends somewhat on your team), and the breadth of opportunities to learn new technologies is vast.

Cons

Keeping many different stakeholders happy can be quite challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Continue with the solid direction, and over-communicate through all the changes. Continue to be bold and go for the Big Bets!

Apr 22, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

What a great review! I'm so happy you feel and see the impact of your work. I'll be sure leadership is aware to over communicate on changes impacting the business and our employees.

8. "Good"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pharr, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pharr, TX

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Is amazing to work in ticketmaster, perfect balance life.

Cons

I like to work in ticketmaster.

9. "Data Scientist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Pros

Great Team. Really smart engineers.

Hard and meaningly work that is technically challenging and large scale data to work with.

Cons

Highly competitive culture may not be for everyone. Light on product management in terms of PMs vs Engineers. It's a lot for one person to manage

Advice to Management

Need more than one PM for that many engineers.

10. "Customer Service Representative"

Pros

Relaxed environment, flexible schedules, friendly people.

Cons

No full-time schedules for many representatives.

11. "Shortest job experience."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pharr, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pharr, TX

I worked at Ticketmaster (Less than a year)

Pros

I got hired there, but I guess anyone even in high school can get hired there. It's not good retention, what may seem a pro. Is really not.

Cons

No value to employees, I have a college degree and they doubt my knowledge, even though I never had trouble with any training with any other call center. There was a trainer I started with but all she would do is talk about drinking and have employees interrupt training. No employee retention at all. Horrible training environment. Horrible place to work if you're looking to settle down for a while.

Advice to Management

Where is management? Where are leaders that are in charge of fair practice, employee retention, and training to say the least? They want this company to last, please take care of those out there that buy out the tickets only to sell them for 3 times more. Take care of your clients and employees. Might be better off redoing the whole center.