Tier 1 Event Management Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Campaign Manager"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Tier 1 Event Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So much opportunity for growth, if you don't push yourself you wont go anywhere. This place has changed me for the better, you learn so many skillsets that you can apply to this industry and others. I have gotten to travel all over the United States and learn so much I would never change it.

Cons

You have to study alot.

Advice to Management

None your flawless!

"Marketing manager"

I have been working at Tier 1 Event Management full-time

Pros

I've worked at this company for a while. It's super professional and shaped me into the best person I could ever be. I've had the opportunity to travel, go to conference's, and built great business relationships that I'll carry on beyond my work years. There's so much growth and opportunity available for those who want to work hard and hit their personal and professional goals. Hard work pays off. It's not designed for people who just want a job or to skate by with a bare minimum work ethic or a bad attitude. It's for people who want to take control of their career a build something outta their lifestyle and future

Cons

I will preempt- if you're just looking for a basic job where you have to do minimal work this is the opposite! Do not apply if you are not passionate about growing, putting in the work to reep the rewards, lead others by being the example, and striving to be the best person you are for yourself and your crew!

Advice to Management

If you're not early you're late. Study. Ask for help. Be different

"Scam"

Pros

None. It's a sales job where you have to push products onto people that stop at your booth.

Cons

It's selling knifes and such at Costco and Sam's club.

"Sad to have to leave"

I worked at Tier 1 Event Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Such a positive work environment, caring and supportive co-workers/boss.
    You get out of this business what you put into it, hard work and a positive attitude will take you a long way in this business, it really pays off. I had to leave due to personal reasons, and I'll be coming back as soon as I can, they are so understanding and welcoming me back whenever I need with open arms.

Cons

Personally, I don't find this a bad thing but some people might, it's a lot of hard work in the beginning, and it pays off down the road.
    Not a place to "get rich quick", so if that's your mindset then this isn't the place for you.

"Stay Away"

Pros

Friendly people and upbeat environment. Campaign managers were nice. Great office and employees. To be frank, that's all I can think of.

Cons

PLEASS STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! They trick you into thinking that this is the type of job that you really wanted, but it's not! Instead, you go to Sam's Club and TRY to get customers to buy hair straighteners, therapy cream, or bed sheets. There's a morning meeting EVERY DAY to try to "motivate" you into selling stuff before you go straight to Sam's Club to sell products. Low pay, waste of time, wasting gas, full of lies, stress and anxiety, and broken promises, and a complete nightmare. Please stay away while you can.

"Selling the Dream, ends up being complete nightmare"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Tier 1 Event Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Literally the only good thing I got out of this was "feeding my mindset" with different business books and youtube videos, but you dont need this job to do that.

Cons

Where to start, maybe the constant yelling at customers in Sams and Costco's in hopes they will at least stop and talk to you (literally EVERY person who walks by you), or calling selling bed sheets with a fold up table an "event" like you're doing something cool for the world or something. They literally teach you how to scam people into thinking they need this product, called "marketing strategies", talking down on other professions like Doctors and Lawyers because they have heeps of debt while youre getting rich quick (lie). They make you do "networking calls" in your free time, as well as meet up early before meetings literally every morning, managers will call you ALL THE TIME, and you dont get paid for any of this. The "managers" practice how to interview candidates because they have to scam you into the company (as they did to me) because thats how hard it is for them to keep people in the company, I'd say most people only stay for like a week before they figure out how insane this is, not to mention a waste of time when you could actually be working for a substantial company. I was constantly stressed and made up fake goals because who in their right mind would want to sell bed sheets or hair straighteners in costco their whole life and call it their "dream". Do not fall for this false inspiration.

Advice to Management

Maybe own a real business, Lucia.

""Marketing" Scam"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Tier 1 Event Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Motivating work environment, possibility of commission

Cons

Minimum wage, working a lot of voluntary hours, no benefits, promises of being promoted within 8-10 months which has yet to ever happen within the employees, likely to get fired / forced to quit quickly after hire, nonprofessional co-workers

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like employees, not like a college sorority that requires all hours of the new-hires day for non-paid training, meetings, team outings, and leader meetings.

"Amazing Opportunity: Great Team of People!!"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Sacramento, NE
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Sacramento, NE

I have been working at Tier 1 Event Management (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is challenging, the training is intense, and the people are wonderful. I was afforded the opportunity to travel for an event within my first month in training, which is an amazing opportunity!! You learn so much its unbelievable, and if you stick with it the payoff is immense.

Cons

You will only get as much out of it as you put in.
    You do work weekends, but I'm OK with that as I always get Monday's off!

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome job!

"Great workplace"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Tier 1 Event Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tier One Event Management is a great place to start a career in marketing. I learned a lot here, and they've made it clear that if I put in the effort, then I can grow.
    Management is very helpful, transparent, and its apparent that they strive to keep a lively and encouraging culture.

Cons

Not much, the hours are long sometimes, but it's not that big of a deal because all the employees here are like a huge group of friends.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

"Event Manager"

Pros

Watching other people grow and develop and being the reason why is always awesome. Investing time into your work and seeing it pay off

Cons

Some days you have to work Long hours

Advice to Management

Network, ask for help, be aggressive about what you want, and take control