Tier 1 Event Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Tier 1 Event Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at tier 1 is like paradise in the job world. You will constantly be provided with an excellent environment to ensure your growth. The leaders want you to succeed, Lucia wants you to succeed. The atmosphere in the office and at the events is amazing, filled with enthusiasm and joy! This company is truly the best company I have ever worked for!

Cons

Honestly, Tier1 doesn't have any cons. Everyone there is so motivated!

Advice to Management

Continue what your doing, Your staff loves you, people would die for the opportunity you provide!

"Sad to have to leave"

I worked at Tier 1 Event Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Such a positive work environment, caring and supportive co-workers/boss.
    You get out of this business what you put into it, hard work and a positive attitude will take you a long way in this business, it really pays off. I had to leave due to personal reasons, and I'll be coming back as soon as I can, they are so understanding and welcoming me back whenever I need with open arms.

Cons

Personally, I don't find this a bad thing but some people might, it's a lot of hard work in the beginning, and it pays off down the road.
    Not a place to "get rich quick", so if that's your mindset then this isn't the place for you.

"Scam"

Pros

None. It's a sales job where you have to push products onto people that stop at your booth.

Cons

It's selling knifes and such at Costco and Sam's club.

"Stay Away"

Pros

Friendly people and upbeat environment. Campaign managers were nice. Great office and employees. To be frank, that's all I can think of.

Cons

PLEASS STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! They trick you into thinking that this is the type of job that you really wanted, but it's not! Instead, you go to Sam's Club and TRY to get customers to buy hair straighteners, therapy cream, or bed sheets. There's a morning meeting EVERY DAY to try to "motivate" you into selling stuff before you go straight to Sam's Club to sell products. Low pay, waste of time, wasting gas, full of lies, stress and anxiety, and broken promises, and a complete nightmare. Please stay away while you can.

"Selling the Dream, ends up being complete nightmare"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Tier 1 Event Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Literally the only good thing I got out of this was "feeding my mindset" with different business books and youtube videos, but you dont need this job to do that.

Cons

Where to start, maybe the constant yelling at customers in Sams and Costco's in hopes they will at least stop and talk to you (literally EVERY person who walks by you), or calling selling bed sheets with a fold up table an "event" like you're doing something cool for the world or something. They literally teach you how to scam people into thinking they need this product, called "marketing strategies", talking down on other professions like Doctors and Lawyers because they have heeps of debt while youre getting rich quick (lie). They make you do "networking calls" in your free time, as well as meet up early before meetings literally every morning, managers will call you ALL THE TIME, and you dont get paid for any of this. The "managers" practice how to interview candidates because they have to scam you into the company (as they did to me) because thats how hard it is for them to keep people in the company, I'd say most people only stay for like a week before they figure out how insane this is, not to mention a waste of time when you could actually be working for a substantial company. I was constantly stressed and made up fake goals because who in their right mind would want to sell bed sheets or hair straighteners in costco their whole life and call it their "dream". Do not fall for this false inspiration.

Advice to Management

Maybe own a real business, Lucia.

""Marketing" Scam"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Tier 1 Event Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Motivating work environment, possibility of commission

Cons

Minimum wage, working a lot of voluntary hours, no benefits, promises of being promoted within 8-10 months which has yet to ever happen within the employees, likely to get fired / forced to quit quickly after hire, nonprofessional co-workers

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like employees, not like a college sorority that requires all hours of the new-hires day for non-paid training, meetings, team outings, and leader meetings.

"Amazing Opportunity: Great Team of People!!"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Sacramento, NE
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Sacramento, NE

I have been working at Tier 1 Event Management (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is challenging, the training is intense, and the people are wonderful. I was afforded the opportunity to travel for an event within my first month in training, which is an amazing opportunity!! You learn so much its unbelievable, and if you stick with it the payoff is immense.

Cons

You will only get as much out of it as you put in.
    You do work weekends, but I'm OK with that as I always get Monday's off!

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome job!

"Great workplace"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Tier 1 Event Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tier One Event Management is a great place to start a career in marketing. I learned a lot here, and they've made it clear that if I put in the effort, then I can grow.
    Management is very helpful, transparent, and its apparent that they strive to keep a lively and encouraging culture.

Cons

Not much, the hours are long sometimes, but it's not that big of a deal because all the employees here are like a huge group of friends.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

"Event Manager"

Pros

Watching other people grow and develop and being the reason why is always awesome. Investing time into your work and seeing it pay off

Cons

Some days you have to work Long hours

Advice to Management

Network, ask for help, be aggressive about what you want, and take control

"Fun-Positive Environment"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Tier 1 Event Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being surrounded by a motivated group of like-minded individuals that thrive off of the growth opportunities of a start-up company. Being a part of a people-help-people business inside and outside of the office. You will know and become friendly with everyone in the office that you work with.

Cons

Sometimes we have to stand for long periods of time while working the events.

Advice to Management

My advice to Management would be to provide more travel opportunities.