Tiffany & Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Few employees leave this company, very hard to get promoted to the next level; choice employer for mothers looking for work life balance (in 38 reviews)

• Extremely limited room for growth or advancement (in 15 reviews)

"sales associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nd image, product well known

Cons

Bad management; not prepared for the role.

"Senior Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Tiffany & Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance, comfortable nice work environment, nice people to work with, great iconic brand to work for, nice discount

Cons

Very small raises year over year- less than cost of living even with high PMP review results, very hard to move up- really feel like you can only move laterally,

Advice to Management

Care more about your employee's growth & investing in strong people, Tiffany's is a revolving door because they refuse to stay competitive and instead waste everyone's efforts training people just to lose them a year or two later

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Brand recognition, quality products

Cons

limited career ops outside NYC

4. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time

Pros

Everyone is friendly and helpful

Cons

Hours are long and you don't always get the same days off every week

5. "Seasonal Operations Professional"

Former Employee - Seasonal Operations Professional in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Seasonal Operations Professional in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tiffany & Co. (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Very supportive staff. Lots of training prior to the rush during the holiday season. Many staff has been there 20+ years and are still excited about the job and the products.

Cons

High stress during rush days during holiday season – but that's to be expected.

Advice to Management

Great managers that are very supportive and look out for employees best interests.

"Mixed messages work culture"

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Greenwich, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Greenwich, CT

I worked at Tiffany & Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautifully designed jewelry.
    Wonderful benefits & employee discounts.

Cons

"Watch your back" corporate culture.

Advice to Management

Simplify.

"Weird Corporate Culture, Low Pay, Not connected to Stores"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great brand to have on your resume. Some teams are known to work really well together and be collaborative, unlike some other companies in retail/luxury retail where coworkers are known to be much nastier. The dress code in headquarters is now pretty casual, which is nice.

There's a lot of excitement around the new Design Officer's first year/first collections. Reed Krakoff -- wheee

Cons

Salary is lower than market. Very little opportunity to move upward since the higher up you go, the more people love their jobs. Directors and VPs LOVE it and almost never leave, so there are a lot of lateral moves employees make in order to grow; otherwise, they leave.

I've worked in 7 other companies and I've never seen the amount of whispering and hushed conversations as I've seen at Tiffany & Co. It's very strange. Information is not shared easily, and everything seems to be a secret.

There has been a lot of movement in upper upper management (CEO left, head designer left), so VERY many things have been shaken up. There have been a lot of organizational changes. Most isn't effecting the retail stores, but corporate has been FEELING it

"It's great if you work in a Top 25 store, if you don't? Meh."

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Austin, TX

I worked at Tiffany & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great reputation, good (not great) earning potential, good benefits, on-going training, GIA tuition reimbursement. Addition of Francesca Amfitheatrof as first ever female director of design was much needed design "shot in the arm" for a company who's jewelry offerings had gotten stale. Leader in environmental protection practices.

Cons

Poor work/life balance. Political culture. No local advertising outside of NYC, SF, LA, Chicago which inhibits growth and earning potential in other markets. Top 25 stores performance dictates every corporate decision to the detriment of smaller stores with amazing growth potential i.e. merchandise transferred out the same day it arrived for client showings, no marketing/events budgets, et al. On-line business set in direct competition with brick and mortar. Compensation realignment that favors high-volume stores/markets. Base pay not commensurate with local cost of living indexes.
    In the five years I worked for TCO, compensation structure changed, we lost holidays with our families, and hours of operation were extended, even though our anchor (Neiman Marcus) was closed. The company doesn't invest in local advertising so even after being open for eight years, people would still remark daily that they "never knew" there was a store in town. I exceeded my sales plan every year by double digits, I am a producer, and my potential was stunted because I didn't work for one of the "top 25". That is precisely why I left the company. Excellent people are only valued if they work in one of those locations.

Advice to Management

Your store level employees drive your business. It's their relationships with their clients that fuels the company and generates revenue. Base wages need to reflect cost of living in each market, it's not cost-effective to be open on Labor, Memorial, and Independence Days, rediscover the air of exclusivity by limiting store hours to one late night per week and limiting the number of stores. Answer questions and concerns with complete honesty and transparency, rather than vague and misleading CYA platitudes.

9. "Love love love"

Former Employee - Seasonal Operations Assistant
    Former Employee - Seasonal Operations Assistant

I worked at Tiffany & Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, history and discounts

Cons

No complaints from the time I was present

"Awesome opportunity"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Tiffany & Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's Tiffany & Co. who wouldn't love working here?? They are a wonderful jeweler, rich history, beautiful jewelry. It was an awesome opportunity.

Cons

Hours were difficult. Pay was low. Holiday hours were terrible, but such is retail life. Probably could have overlooked a lot if the pay was better.

Advice to Management

Higher pay and better rotation of off time