Tiffany & Co. Seasonal Sales Professional Reviews | Glassdoor

Tiffany & Co. CEO Alessandro Bogliolo
Alessandro Bogliolo

"Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Professional in New York, NY

I have been working at Tiffany & Co.

Pros

Most people are helpful, warm and inviting. Management really seems to want to ensure employees are happy and set up for success.

Cons

Can be a little competitive sometimes with other Sales Professionals. The lines of communication can get easily crossed.

Tiffany & Co.2017-08-26

"Full-Timers Dislike Seasonals"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Professional in San Diego, CA

I worked at Tiffany & Co. part-time for less than a year

Pros

You will get some kind and amazing customers that come in. You will also get 1% commission on every item you sell. A great part-time opportunity during the holiday season to make extra cash.

Cons

Full-timers somehow believe that Seasonals are out to steal every sale. There was a blatant division the holiday season I worked there. Full-timers are under a lot of pressure to meet their Monthly Sales Goals, so each time a Seasonal takes a customer, a Full-Timer sees that as a threat. Everyone basically hates each other but gets along well when eating together in the kitchen...it's strange. There are peaks and valleys...

Tiffany & Co.2016-01-14

"good place to work"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Professional

I worked at Tiffany & Co.

Pros

Great hourly pay and employee discount on TCO merchandize

Cons

no other benefits for a seasonal position

Tiffany & Co.2015-12-28

"Seasonal Sales Professional"

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time for less than a year

Pros

great company and benefits, easy job, good pay

Cons

you can get lost in the crowd and not much recognition for exceptional work in large nyc stores

Advice to Management

pay attention to hard workers; lift your nose up from your computers/phones for 5 minutes to get to know your staff

Tiffany & Co.2015-11-10

"Seasonal Sales Professional"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Professional in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tiffany & Co.

Pros

The salary was decent for a seasonal position. I enjoyed the busy work environment because the day did flow by pretty quickly on most days. It was really nice dressing up every day and working in a luxury environment. Most employees were very helpful and sociable throughout my experience with Tiffany.

Cons

Not much time for appropriate and much-needed breaks. Training prior to being placed on the floor was under par. Lower management personnel displayed blatant favoritism, cattiness and very unprofessional behavior towards other Sales Associates during my experience. At times we were micro-managed on the sales floor, which was frustrating.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and treat them as equals and with appropriate professionalism.

Tiffany & Co.2015-04-20

"Seasonal Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Professional in Houston, TX

I worked at Tiffany & Co. for less than a year

Pros

excellent training, positive atmosphere, looked forward to work

Cons

Having too many staff on the sales floor at one time, not having full time availability after the holidays

Advice to Management

Fabulous! Each manager was so unique, I loved them all. They are my most favorite team to work with.

Tiffany & Co.2015-03-31

"Good experience, bad management"

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training, busy environment, some friendly employees, simple dress code . Great cafeteria

Cons

As a seasonal employee, there were a lot of negative actions from the long term sales staff, not all but there is several people that do not like to have you there, and make it very clear.

Advice to Management

The management people on the store are also very unfriendly, there was one lady in special that was truly rude, looking for any excuse to give you a lection

Tiffany & Co.2015-02-06

"Good Temporary Seasonal Job"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Professional in New York, NY

I worked at Tiffany & Co. for less than a year

Pros

Great training program, discounts are generous, customers are fun, management very helpful, perks during the holidays, looks great on your resume

Cons

staff can weigh you down, corporate environment is hard to maneuver as a sales person, no knowledge of product or inventory status doesnt make you look good to customers, dress code statuary,

Tiffany & Co.2015-01-30

"Seasonal sales associate"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Professional in Orlando, FL

I worked at Tiffany & Co. part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and people to work with.

Cons

Not a lot of advancement. People stay in same place for years unless they want to move. Always work on weekends.

Advice to Management

Managment needs to communicate effectively. They all have different ways to manage and are not on the same page.

Tiffany & Co.2015-01-29

"Selling Pencils from a Cup on Michigan Avenue Would be a Step Up"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Professional in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time for less than a year

Pros

The product sells itself. Some of the people you work with are just amazing. They really care about the product, and stay out of the pettiness. The people in operations are valuable resources for information. The discount on the product is great even if it does not apply to all products. The location is amazing.

Cons

Compensation is lackluster with a low commission structure for seasonal temps. Management is condensing and will speak down to you in front of other colleagues on the sales floor. Cross training in other departments such as Customer Service as well as on the job education is nil. I even offered to come in and train on my day off, but was told that they would not cross train seasonal workers much to our detriment. I learned...

Advice to Management

You cannot be friends with everyone as a manager, but you should treat everyone fairly instead of having favourites; this is not high school. Having double standards for permanent and seasonal employees (they have selling priority so for the first few weeks you will learn nothing because you will not have customers since it isn't busy) is unacceptable. Do not promise open full time positions after the season when you...

Tiffany & Co.2014-12-22