Tighe & Bond Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Tighe & Bond CEO DAVID PINSKY
DAVID PINSKY

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company, cares about employees!"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Tighe & Bond full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, good benefits, good PTO & holidays, supportive atmosphere

Cons

None really! Didn't have much work when I started but picked up

Advice to Management

Do a better job collecting work for employees before they arrive. It's very awkward as a brand new employee to feel like you constantly have to run around asking people for work to do.

2. "Tighe & Bond"

I have been working at Tighe & Bond part-time

Pros

Good atmosphere and people
    Flexibility with hours and location

Cons

Inconsistent amounts of work
    In house work is almost frowned upon because it is not billable

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to give middle management a little flexibility to make decisions and assign work.

3. "Mixed bag."

I worked at Tighe & Bond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great overall environment, takes great care of its employees. Healthcare benefits are amazing, and the company holds multiple events each year for employees. A lot of great people work there. I worked in Westfield and it was a very fun office.

Cons

Management needs to modernize its business practices. Working remotely was extremely frowned upon. Office politics are also very prevalent. Some project managers won't hesitate to throw employees under the bus to protect their own behinds. You will also be expected to take care of things that are way outside your job description.

Advice to Management

Adapt to modern times, and hold managers accountable. Additionally, don't expect engineers to be project accountants unless they're the project manager.

"Not an engineer... you may want to keep looking"

Former Employee - Environmental Compliance Specialist in Middletown, CT
    Former Employee - Environmental Compliance Specialist in Middletown, CT

I worked at Tighe & Bond (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and perks. There are employee stock share options, great insurance and great gatherings of all the regional offices at the annual lobsterfest and holiday party.

Cons

Upper management was always courteous and gracious, but middle management was strange and crude. I experienced some sexual discrimination, such as middle management complaining that I was a burden to send out on projects because I needed an escort. When I asked why I needed an escort when a male employee with the same job description did not, I was told flat out, "because he's a DUDE!" - in those very words. Not to mention that I had more experience than this particular "dude," whom I had helped to train at a previous company, and yet I was hired at a lower position. When I broke a shoulder on the job, working for one of their prestigious and most valuable clients, I was suspected of injuring myself (falling through a decrepit floor in an old abandoned house) on purpose to get worker's comp. No more said about that. When I finally decided to leave the company, access to files that I was working on was shut off without informing me. When I tried to troubleshoot the files simply by trying to open them up, I was accused of trying to get secrets to give to the company I was moving on to. Middle management said that it was a routine policy when someone was moving on to a competitor. Upper management said they had never heard of that policy. These are just a few examples of my weird experience there. I have never had such experiences before or after my tenure at Tighe and Bond.

Advice to Management

To the middle management, please adopt a professional attitude towards your employees. To everyone, please do not treat non-engineers as second class citizens.

Tighe & Bond Response

Jul 24, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your candor and are sorry you had a negative experience with management. It is Tighe & Bond’s policy that employees are treated without regard to race... More

5. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Westfield, MA
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Westfield, MA

I worked at Tighe & Bond (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity
    Offers flexibility in work schedule
    Family orientated work atmosphere
    All of the employees are very supportive

Cons

None that I can think of. All around great experience

6. "Accounting dept"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Westfield, MA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Westfield, MA

I worked at Tighe & Bond full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Run by good people
    Not a stressful environment

Cons

Don't get caught up in fooice politics, it tends to run high!

7. "Engineer"

I worked at Tighe & Bond full-time

Pros

Great Company Culture, everyone was so friendly and took time to mentor younger staff. Great compensation for short term and long term. Connection and inter office communication is fantastic.

Cons

Takes time to get situated and oriented with work. Advancement isn't always 100% transparent, feedback on progress isn't always given.

Advice to Management

Keep on being friendly and encouraging. Provide better feedback on how to advance to a higher position more frequently and track progress with staff

"Good benefits, and comfortable environment to work in."

I have been working at Tighe & Bond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits for health, eye, vision, dental, 401k, ESOP, PTO, and flexible work schedule.

Cons

Company is structured to be top heavy, too many upper management for anyone to be able to move up at a progressive rate.

"Great company. Very good at investing time and energy into its people. Feels like a family environment."

Pros

Work-life balance, above market pay. Positive culture and very friendly management.

Cons

Nothing here to speak of.

10. "Poor Leadership/Good Old Boys Club"

I worked at Tighe & Bond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The group of people and projects you work with/on are pretty diverse. Not too much else to say.

Cons

Terrible Management. Tighe & Bond touts tier core values, but all members of management refuse to follow them. Unless you are a waste water engineer you are a second/third class citizen. If your looking for a position at Tighe & Bond, unless you are a waste water engineer keep looking. Need to be wary of management since they shift blame onto everyone else besides themselves.

Advice to Management

Needs a MAJOR shakeup. Each division in the company should have at least one member on the board. You cant have the entire company board, including the president be comprised of waste water engineers, especially when it accounts for only about 1/4 of your revenue.