Tilera Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Devesh Garg

1. "Very positive. Great team of talented, human beings!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I worked at Tilera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people were absolutely great to work with and very few had over-blown egos. They were very talented, yet humble. Almost all would go out of their way to help you in any way they could. One of my best job experiences.

Cons

Upper management missed the ball.

Advice to Management

Stuff happens but there must be better plans in place when things don't go as expected.

2. "fun place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Architect in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Architect in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Tilera full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I continue to learn from my peers. We're growing fast and the quality of the new hires has been outstanding. The market opportunity looks great and there's energy here. Both the technology and the engineering talent are outstanding.

Cons

We're not quite a startup anymore and I sometimes miss that focus. Growth comes with growing pains, but I think we're fighting through it.

Advice to Management

Don't drink our own kool-aid and continue to value/push engineering execution

3. "After 7+ years - this is still the place to be."

Current Employee - Physical Design Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Physical Design Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Tilera full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I had a coach that used to tell me that 'champions breed champions' and the same is true at Tilera. We have such an impressive group of employees working here that you can't help but become better for it. Tilera is a great place to grow your skill-set, learn from the best of the best and to show the world what you're really made of. We all directly impact our future as a company and it's a great feeling to know that I've been a real part of our success.

Building a profitable chip company takes time, and lots of effort. There's no getting around it. There are so few companies that could ever accomplish what we've already done and inevitably what we will continue to do in the future.

- Incredibly experienced design team. (If I counted the years of experience - it might make us all look older than we actually are.)
    - Dynamic working environment. We're always looking for innovative ideas and using the most current technology that we can get our hands on.
    - Access to all levels of management. If you need to talk to a VP or the CEO - they will make it happen.
    - Free coffee.

Cons

- So much interesting work to be done that I never want to sleep.
    - Free coffee that helps me stay up as long as I want to.
    - How long will it take for people to realize that many-core chips will be king?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Hire the best of the best and forge ahead. Take no prisoners.

"Unique Processor Technology & Great Place to Stretch Your Capabilities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Tilera full-time

Pros

Fast-paced, agile organization. Unique processor technology gaining serious traction in the market- business on the upswing. Hiring in top talent from great companies. Every day there is very hard work (as is any startup), new challenges, and some good laughs with colleagues. Tilera a place for someone with creative ideas who is willing to roll up their sleeves, get things done, and make something big happen.

Cons

Startups aren't the place for someone who wants to punch a clock in at 9 and out at 5 everyday.

6. "Sinking Ship Tilera"

Former Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Tilera full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are very few pros of this place.

Cons

People are abandoning this sinking ship like rats. Very very bad managers and executive team. Business plan does not work and product markets are not strong. The culture here is very bad and run like a prison camp for us. This is only one reason people are jumping off. Others are: The managers here are cheap and not smart. There is no career here for anyone. You will be treated as a slave for no money. There is no respect for values or ethics here.

Advice to Management

This needs a management replacement and redo. The senior managers are lost and have lost their way.

7. "Great Company!"

Pros

Company culture is open, results focussed, collaborative and team spirited. High morale, growing company. There is collaboration across different groups which makes it easier to implement new processes or changes to existing ones.

Cons

It's a start up so processes are still new, instilling and streamling efficiencies are difficult but achievable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

8. "Great co-workers, company in bad shape"

Pros

Smart people, friendly environment, cool products

Cons

Management makes promises it can't keep.

"One of the most interesting semiconductor processor companies around"

Pros

The field of up-and-coming processor companies is limited at best, but Tilera is definitely right in the middle.
    A bright team and an Innovative technology make Tilera a great place to learn.
    A balance sheet that is getting healthier and a corresponding ramp up in hiring present attractive growth and advancement opportunities.

Cons

Tilera should have made it big several years ago. Instead, only recently with the commercialization of the TILE-Gx family and the recent introduction of the flagship 72-core processor did Tilera start to see the rates of growth that everyone has been waiting and hoping for.

10. "Tiler"

Current Employee - Tiler in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Tiler in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Tilera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome place to work, in my opinion

Cons

Manager could give more constructive feedback

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Hard-working, intelligent and dedicated employees make Tilera a company to watch!"

Pros

Smart, dedicated employees
    A CEO that considers the employees the most important asset of the company
    Empowerment at all levels of the organization

Cons

Growing fast, so long hours and lots of work to do...but it's a nice problem to have