57% would recommend to a friend
(1701 total reviews)
63% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and super professional" (in 103 reviews)
- "My coworkers were fun and amazing to work with." (in 93 reviews)
- "Work environment was fun and positive." (in 41 reviews)
- "The management is excellent, and they allow flexible schedules." (in 25 reviews)
- "Good first job with flexible schedules that are Greta for young people still attending school." (in 24 reviews)
- "Low pay (if you are a female don't expect to get same salary as men)" (in 205 reviews)
- "They have such Bad Management" (in 123 reviews)
- "Rude managers and overall unorganized" (in 91 reviews)
- "I don't understand how you think we can afford that when we have no hours." (in 59 reviews)
- "minimum wage with no commission and can be stressful when very busy (next to universal)" (in 35 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Tillys and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,701 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Nov 22, 2023Assistant Store ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearHouston, TX
Good company if you like working retail, on boarding/ training was fairly easy/smooth
DM was very annoying, was catty and rude. They do not disclose how much they are willing to pay, so if you lowball yourself they will take that pay without the bat of an eye (and pretend they can’t go higher if you realize you sold yourself short)
- 4.0Nov 20, 2023Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLone Tree, CO
Good beginner sales job, if you have great mangers and fun people to work with it makes the job great! They are also very flexible with schedules
Not very many people stay a long time so you are constantly having a heavy turnover of employees
- 1.0Nov 23, 2023Assistant ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCollegeville, PA
Nice clothing and most of the management paper work was easy
Rude and entitled employees and district manager. They didn’t care about you nor did they care about how well you did either.
- 3.0Oct 27, 2023Store ManagerCurrent Employee
Great people to work with.
Pay! The pay is way behind the eight ball when it comes to hiring the right people. And the systems they use are very outdated and need to be updated to catch up with the industry. The turnover is crazy for this company and a big reason is the 2 things so just listed above
- 5.0Oct 29, 2023Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSanta Clarita, CA
I worked as a seasonal associate, it was fast paced and you're supposed to hit your sales goals so you should be extraverted and also try to upsell things.
If your performant eis low then they won't schedule you as often. Overall good environment though
- 3.0Nov 7, 2023Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsRancho Santa Margarita, CA
fast paced environment that changed often
Not rewarded for my work at the company for years, no promotion.
Tillys Reviews FAQs
Tillys has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 1,737 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Tillys to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
57% of Tillys employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tillys 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.