Tilson Technology Management Reviews

Updated Jan 22, 2021

4.5
Tilson Technology Management CEO Joshua Broder (no image)
Joshua Broder
Pros
Cons
  • "None if you like to work in a fast growing and exciting company(in 4 reviews)

• "The demands of a fast paced work environment are not for all people(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Great company that motivates you to be your best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth company that gives employees responsibility, opportunity, and autonomy. Culture is tangible. Leaders demonstrate the core values. Peers are smart, passionate, experts in their field; makes me want to perform my best every day.

Cons

Not really a con, but if you like a job with black and white, this growth company won't be the right fit.

"Great People in a Chaotic Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

I worked at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyone I worked with was helpful, friendly, and motivated. Teamwork really does make the dream work. Tilson does interesting and valuable work building communications infrastructure. It's a fast-paced but not stressful environment. CEO is brilliant, approachable, and always listens.

Cons

Management has been trying to solve the same problems for a long time now, around figuring out how to scale processes and grow the company. It feels like there is no long term plan, because each new plan they introduce gets forgotten a few months later. Tilson has a core value of "comfort in chaos" but they wear the chaos and dysfunction as a badge of honor instead of treating them as problems to be solved. There’s also a huge morale problem that senior management seems oblivious to. Additionally, they have been chasing revenue/growth at any cost and hiring lots of new VPs and directors. It has become a top-heavy company and margins, which were thin to begin with, have suffered even more. This isn't sustainable.

Continue reading

3. "Growing Company That Maintains Smaller Company Feel"

Current Employee - Legal Counsel

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Abundant career advancement opportunity; Flexible work schedule; Good work/life balance; Good corporate citizen with caring, candid leadership; Friendly and brilliant colleagues and managers; Essential work (the Internet is a catalyst for the enjoyment of human rights).

Cons

Solid health benefits but more expensive than I'm used to.

January 13, 2021CEO

Thanks for your feedback, and welcome to the team. Appreciate the call out about the quality of the peer group, it's really important to us. We will continue to invest in our health plan. Our medium term goal is to get to no employee cost on our family plan, like we do currently for individuals.

4. "Review"

4.0
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team members and open to new ideas

Cons

It can be challenging working in a high growth, fast pace environment if you are not self motivated.

January 13, 2021CEO

Thank you for your hard work at Tilson and feedback.

"In Tilson We Trust"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people everywhere OSP, IT, Towers to Construction

Cons

They only give us 3 weeks a years for vacation and all holidays including MLK and Veterans Day... in other words, no downsides that i know of.

December 21, 2020CEO

Great to hear that this position sounds like such a good fit for you. Please feel free to ping management at any level if you see this slipping anywhere, we want to keep improving.

6. COVID-19

"Fantastic Company to work for!"

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time

Pros

Amazing team culture; management cares about it's employees. Decent benefits and plenty of room for growth as the company continues to grow amidst the pandemic.

Cons

I cannot thing of any 'cons'

December 21, 2020CEO

Thanks for your positive review. If you do run into any cons, please do let management know at any level so we can address it. Moving as fast as we are moving right now, we may trip up!

"A Mixed review"

Former Employee - Outside Plant Technician in East Hartford, CT

I worked at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

The local management was great.. Loved talking to them, getting insights, learning from them. Always answered my questions to the best of their abilities and always got clarification if they didn't have the answer. The pay was okay despite working in the rain, the snow, the hazards of vehicles flying by you without a care if you're working or not. My coworkers were the best. We always helped each other out when we needed to. Being able to take a company vehicle home, a laptop and tablet was very helpful for getting work done at home and on my own time.

Cons

Upper management needs to be a little more truthful and honest on what is happening in our own market and needs to be upfront with their workers. The pay can be a little better. More training needed in particular software used.

December 21, 2020CEO

Sorry to hear about the disappointing exit experience. We do occasionally let employees go because of a project wrapping up and no replacement work in that geography. We have had pretty good success reassigning the majority of people, but I understand for the person that was not reassigned, that does not help. We don't ever characterize a layoff as a termination for cause (with employment at will, there would be no reason to do that). Sounds like we didn't effectively communicate the performance challenge, which is something I'll look into. Thank you for your service at Tilson, and best of luck on your next endeavor.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - OSP Engineer III in Portland, ME

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time

Pros

Everyone has the same goal, work hard and deliver quality product to client

Cons

Large work load, but rewarding

December 21, 2020CEO

Than you for your feedback and positive review. Great to hear that you are feeling the shared sense of mission. Please feel free to ping management at any level if you see us slipping.

"Best place to work"

Current Employee - Communication Tower Foreman in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time

Pros

One of the best places I have ever worked. You just feel valued at all times

Cons

Working out of town. But there are always opportunities that will become available and you are always home on weekends

October 8, 2020VP Workforce

Thank you for your review and your commitment to Tilson's mission. Your role is more important than ever before and we truly do value everything you do on the front lines of building and maintaining our information infrastructure.

10. COVID-19

"A sea of stability in an uncertain world"

Current Employee - Manager in Portland, ME

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Tilson's mission to build America's information infrastructure feels especially important right now. I love how safety is coming first right now, and the team takes care of each other.

Cons

The pace and high expectations of the peer group is not for everyone, it's hard work, but thrilling

October 8, 2020VP Workforce

Thank you for your 8 years at Tilson and your commitment and appreciation of the safety efforts as well. Keeping each other safe is greatest gift we can give to each other.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 106 English Reviews