Tilson Technology Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Tilson Technology Management Reviews

Updated Sep 18, 2019

Found 74 reviews

4.0
Tilson Technology Management CEO Joshua Broder (no image)
Joshua Broder
Pros
  • "The group of people I work with the closest to are absolutely amazing as well as the rest of the company(in 5 reviews)

• "Great Benefits (PTO/Holidays/Insurance/Extra Perks)(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast growth which causes some slight chaos at times, but it gets handled quickly(in 4 reviews)

• "Can be challenging but is also a big Pro for those who thrive in a fast paced environment(in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"You Should Work Here"

Current Employee - Senior Site Acquisition Consultant in Portland, ME

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nationwide growth is not slowing down. Owner/Management consistently getting new work...many job openings at all levels

Cons

No cons-vibrant place to work

Tilson Technology Management2019-04-25

April 26, 2019CEO

Thank you for the feedback, and keep us posted on ways we can improve. True story on continued growth and opportunity, for folks to advance within the company and new folks to join. Glad you are enjoying it.

2. "Fast paced and exciting"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Portland, ME

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, location, and teams

Cons

High pressure, processes are slow to develop

Advice to Management

More consistent training and allowing time to conduct training.

Tilson Technology Management2019-09-09

September 10, 2019VP Workforce

Thanks for sharing your experience and review of your time at Tilson. You're right - more consistent training and the time to conduct training is critical to our growth and our success in the future. We're grateful for employees like you who enjoy working collaboratively with awesome ...

"Trending in the right direction."

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Tilson Technology Management full-time

Pros

Tilson Technology is a growing company. You have the potential to move up fast.

Cons

The usual growing pains of a small-mid size company. Mostly project-based work.

Tilson Technology Management2019-09-18
  4. "Culture, Passion, and Excellence"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President - Telecom in Parker, CO

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Empowered employees, innovative thinkers, engaged managers, strategic initiatives, great benefits, leaders by example, dynamic culture, solid communication, excellent team work, great compensation, amazing energy throughout the organization, commitment to company values/ethics

Cons

Fast pace is not suited for everyone

Advice to Management

Stay engaged, stay empathetic, keep leading from the front.

Tilson Technology Management2019-09-06

"Excellent work culture and personal/professional growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Staff Attorney in Portland, ME

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been at Tilson for over four years and have been fortunate to work as part of a fast-paced, high-growth company that hasn't lost sight of its core values. The quality of individuals who comprise my colleagues is something I've never experienced in any other work environment. At Tilson, the company is extremely high growth and places value on employees who embrace challenges as well as the unknown and who know... how to solve problems, with a great many incredibly talented resources to draw from as well. Tilson is interested in its employees' professional development and rewards its employees with more opportunities to challenge themselves. Tilson employees handle the rewards and the challenges and meet both with calm composure. Tilson is incredibly good at identifying employee strengths and placing individuals into positions that maximize the potential. The culture at Tilson is its strongest asset--people are invariably kind and while they take their work seriously, and with focus, they never deviate from the high character attributes which hiring managers at Tilson seek in each job candidate. I have been at Tilson for over four years and each year has been better than the previous.

Cons

With a high growth company, there are always the typical growing pains in terms of developing processes and allocation of work. Despite these, the quality of the people are always able to overcome such challenges, and do so in a way that strengthens these processes moving forward.

Tilson Technology Management2019-08-27

September 10, 2019VP Workforce

Thank you for sharing your perspective from inside Tilson! Sounds like you're a great fit and enjoy the challenges of solving hard problems with your colleagues. People like you have made Tilson what it is and what it will be. If we keep our core values at the forefront and challenge ...

"Grateful for the continuous improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Pros

I really love how the company is growing itself and changing itself at the same time. Our management is listening to our concerns and asks. They made big changes to the parental and military leave earlier this year. Recently they even announced telehealth use from our work laptops while at work, which really helps when you're short on time.

Cons

With so many new people you have to overcommunicate, continuously share and reshare information but I think that's a normal considering our growth.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure what you'll change or update next but I appreciate the thought and energy you put into it. I feel supported at Tilson like no other company before. Please don't lose that!

Tilson Technology Management2019-08-26

September 10, 2019VP Workforce

Great advice and we will definitely continue to monitor growth, change and how everyone feels supported in their roles. Thanks for sharing!

"Innovative and Forward Thinking Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Newark, NY

Pros

Very impressed with the diversity in skill sets that have been drawn together in NY. Creativity encouraged and a focus on continous process improvement.

Cons

Rapid growth challenges, but upper management is actively involved in improving systems and processes continually and focusing on a bright future!

Advice to Management

Transparency in management goals and expectations can be a strong tool when looking to retain all the talent that is flowing into our teams.

Tilson Technology Management2019-08-23

September 10, 2019VP Workforce

Retaining, retraining and creating new talent is definitely something we need to do to reach our goals. Sometimes geographically dispersed offices feel a little different from office to office so it's wonderful to read how you feel about your NY team's autonomy to be creative and ...

8. "A Dynamic, Healthy Workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Pros

Never boring, talented professionals, progressive benefits, competitive pay, great people, comfortable workspace, immersive work, awesome CEO

Cons

quickly scaling company - if you can't be flexible and fast on your feet, it's easy to get lost in the shuffle!

Tilson Technology Management2019-08-27

September 10, 2019VP Workforce

Demanding flexible, fast on your feet teams could be cons for some but exhilarating for others. The enthusiasm and resilience shown by our hard-working and forward-thinking teams across the country is remarkable. And you are right - boring is not typically in Tilson's vocabulary!

9. "Not a Typical EPC company"

Current Employee - Management in Portland, ME

Pros

Values:Safety,Integrity,Accountability,Professionalism,Respect and Composure. Tilson incorporates these values into all that we do. A truly flat organization where each person has a voice. Having over 3 decades of experience in private, public and start-up enterprises, I feel I have the perspective to know what an innovative company does differently. Tilson is not shy about evaluating what works and what doesn't........addressing the issues in constructive and collaborative ways and looking for a positive result for all stakeholders.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Explosive growth brings challenges to the exceptional culture Tilson has built. It is imperative to keep a focus on the core of the success while understanding changes are needed to realize the long term objectives. Not realizing this can have adverse impacts on the enterprise.

Tilson Technology Management2019-08-26
  10. "High quality peer group, people care"

I have been working at Tilson Technology Management full-time

Pros

Team is the best I have ever worked with. People really care about each other and the work. High quality leadership, management willing to make a quick change if a bad boss emerges. A lot of new opportunity for those that want more challenges, hard work is noticed and rewarded.

Cons

Client demands are serious- deploying 5G and fiber in this telecom boom takes a lot of work, innovation, and teamwork. No place to hide out at this pace, not for everyone

Advice to Management

Don’t stop taking on the hard jobs, people that stay here won’t settle for less than the most challenging and impactful work.

Tilson Technology Management2019-08-19

September 10, 2019VP Workforce

Hard, challenging, impactful = that's what we do! Invite your friends!

Found 74 reviews